• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Uses a Hot Plates/Burner at the Demo?

In summary, In Lee Anne's opinion, the best purchase she's ever made for her business is a portable burner. She likes it because she can cook while talking to the guests and it is easier to set up than an electric stove.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I just bought one and I was wondering, who uses a hot plate or burner at the demo?

My aunt used to be a PC consultant and she gave me hers when I started. I've used it once for a demo. I've been lucky so far that my hosts have had a large kitchen when I've done cooking demos and I was able to use their stove. I really like the single burner though. I used it for a show I did at a Ladies Club. I made the Bananas Foster stir Fry.

I DO!!! I absolutely LOVE IT! I just did a show yesterday - a luncheon - and made the Lemon Chicken Pasta Toss. I was able to set up on a huge 12'x4' dining table instead of a 4'x4' peninsula (with a lot less space for guests, too). I was able to show off some great stuff and since it was all inbetween me and the guests I could motion to something and a guest would pick it up and pass it around. Plus, I was able to take the Stir Fry Skillet in the kitchen after the demo and come back 30 seconds later with it clean!

I use one. I just used it last weekend for the Quick Chicken Primavera Risotto. It keeps me from having my back to the guests while cooking. I really like using it. I can continue to cut and show products while keeping and eye on the food cooking.

Purchasing a portable burner was one of the better purchases I've made in order to better my business! I can now do/make almost anything. Most of my shows seem to be conducted in the hosts living room. I bought a clear shower curtain at the Dollar Store and place it beneath the demoing table (I'm a messy cook! :eek: ) I get asked to do a lot of stir-frys now and am now selling/promoting the cookware better. I always have the host or a guest doing the cooking while I'm chopping and talking! Their comments sell the product for me!

Definately use yours at shows - you won't regret it!! :)

Lee Anne

I'm thrilled to hear this! Do I have to worry about the burner getting too hot and burning my table or tablecloth? How do you set that up?

I just bought one and have yet to use it. The one I bought has a very short cord. I couldn't find a propane one. I guess I will just add an extension cord to the packing list!

Lee Anne Thanks for the tip about the clear shower curtain. I am going to get that. I have used my once for the puffs but will be using it more and trying it with different recipes.

DZmom said:
I just bought one and have yet to use it. The one I bought has a very short cord. I couldn't find a propane one. I guess I will just add an extension cord to the packing list!

You don't want to use a propane one in the house - the fumes could kill people and pets!:eek:

cmdtrgd said:
You don't want to use a propane one in the house - the fumes could kill people and pets!:eek:
That wouldn't make for a very good show.

One of the directors in my cluster uses one that has a very small snap into place tank that has a cover that flips closed over it. She's used it at our cluster meetings several times and we've NEVER smelled any fumes. I like it because it is just like a gas burner and can be used ANYWHERE! No electricity needed.

There are different types of propane stoves I have one like DZmom described. It is made for indoors. The canister is much different from the camping type stoves. I have one and it is wonderful. I've used it several times. It is much better than the electric ones because I don't have to worry about being near an outlet. I've made the Thai Chicken Stir Fry Salad and the tamale round about with it. I think that it adds variation to shows.

So I would definitely use yours.

Oh I'm getting one. When the host has a small kitchen and sets up guests in the living or dining room, this would make a nicer demo!

I think its cool. I always picutre one of the people doing a demo at one of those gourmet food shows.

I just bought one today at Walmart-I couldn't believe they only cost 8.97:) I'm using it at a show this week to make the Lemon Chicken Pasta Toss. Can't wait to hopefully earn some more panorama points!

where to get propane burnerWhere can you pick up a propane burner like you were talking about? I've been thinking about getting one but don't know what kind to get. I don't want to be tripping over an electric chord all the time. I trip over my own feet enough....:p

I'm sorry, I guess mine is butane but I think that's the same thing as propane. You can buy it on ebay. Just put in portable butane burner in the search and it will come up.

I'd rather risk tripping over the cord than singe-ing off my eyebrows. I don't look good without eyebrows.:p :rolleyes:

1. Who exactly uses a hot plate/burner during the demo?

During our demos, our consultants typically use the hot plate or burner to showcase the versatility and convenience of our cookware, bakeware, and other kitchen tools. This allows our customers to see how easy it is to prepare delicious meals in their own homes.

2. How does using a hot plate/burner enhance the demo experience?

Using a hot plate or burner during the demo allows our consultants to demonstrate how our products can be used in various cooking methods, such as stovetop cooking, baking, and grilling. This helps our customers visualize the potential of our products and how they can make cooking more efficient and enjoyable.

3. Are there any safety precautions when using a hot plate/burner during the demo?

Safety is our top priority, and our consultants are trained to handle and use hot plates and burners with caution. They always ensure that the area is well-ventilated and that the hot plate or burner is placed on a stable surface away from any flammable materials. Additionally, they use oven mitts or other protective gear when handling hot dishes.

4. Can customers also use the hot plate/burner during the demo?

Yes, we encourage our customers to participate in the demo and try out our products for themselves. Our consultants are happy to assist and guide customers in using the hot plate or burner safely and effectively.

5. Do I need to purchase a hot plate/burner to use with Pampered Chef products?

No, you do not need to purchase a hot plate or burner specifically for our products. Our cookware and bakeware are specially designed to work on a variety of stovetops and ovens. However, if you do not have access to a stove or oven, a hot plate or burner can be a convenient alternative for cooking with our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedalf
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies