• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Raise Funds This Summer: Who Should I Ask?

In summary, the author is looking for ways to add more shows to their schedule this summer and is at a loss for ideas. She recommends looking up healthcare programs that serve the community, hosting events, contacting people who expressed interest in your products or services, and looking for special order forms or organization ideas.
LBurke
I want to concentrate on fundraisers this summer to add some shows to my schedule (I'm trying to justify the cost of conference to the hubby but business is slow right now)...
Anywho, I'm really at a loss as to who to target/ask... what types of organizations have you ladies had success with?

I've been in the same boat. I've been looking online for non-profit groups, schools, daycares, nursing homes, churches, etc.
As far as the non-profits I'm not sure which ones fundraising, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask!
I'm interested to see what else everyone else has to say...I was just coming on here to post something similar.

Here's my 2 cents, and take it with a grain of salt because they are ideas rather than success stories...

Look up healthcare programs that serve the community....they will have health fairs and you can contact them to include you....cater to healthy and affordable eating.

Gyms - Ask if you can visit and have a table.

I would rethink fundraisers....from what I read here at CS....they are headaches and rarely profitable. I myself have a woman who has been interested since early April....it has been long and tedious, and still we have yet to get it started....she (and most from the threads) have this grand expectation, but do not want to put forth the effort.

I would look up school, flea market, fairs in your area and rent a table...I would not pay more than $20 for the use as it will mainly generate leads and get you contacts. You will not make money straight off, but it can help generate future revenue.

Call EVERYONE who has: hosted, ordered or expressed ANY kind of interest. If they gave you their contact info, there is interest. Call and see how they are doing....do they love their PC item? What have they made with it? Want a recipe? Did you know June....etc.

I really liked the idea in CN where the consultant goes to an area and passes out recipe cards with her contact info. I'm hoping to do that soon.

Much success....keep toiling...make those 3 contacts and you will see results.

Fundraisers are for leads and helping the community, they are not really money makers. That said I have done our local MOPS group (I got them $150 the first time and $200 the second time - 6 months apart), a couple of church youth groups, and HWC. The leads from all of these now make up about 25% of my current show schedule, so I highly recommend them. There are several threads here regarding special order forms, organization idea's, etc. that are really helpful.
I have thought about approaching the Humane Society, Boy & Girl Scout Troops, Woman's Shelters, etc. I haven't followed through yet because my DH is STILL home and driving me crazy!!!! LOL (He works on the road, but has been home since Feb.)

Hi there! I completely understand your desire to add more shows to your schedule and justify the cost of conference to your hubby. Fundraisers are a great way to do this! In my experience, I have had success with targeting schools, churches, and non-profit organizations for fundraisers. These types of organizations often have a large network of supporters and are always looking for new and creative ways to raise funds. Additionally, I have found that reaching out to local sports teams, community groups, and even businesses can also be successful in booking fundraisers. Don't be afraid to think outside the box and approach different types of organizations. Good luck with your fundraising efforts!

1. Who should I ask for fundraising support?

For summer fundraising, it is a good idea to start by asking your friends, family, and neighbors. You can also reach out to local businesses, community organizations, and churches for support. Don't be afraid to ask for help from anyone who may be interested in supporting your cause!

2. Should I only ask for monetary donations?

No, you can also ask for in-kind donations such as auction items, gift cards, or services. People may be more inclined to give if they can donate something they already have or are able to offer.

3. How can I make my fundraising ask more effective?

Be clear and specific about your fundraising goal and how the funds will be used. Share personal stories or examples to make an emotional connection with potential donors. Don't forget to show your appreciation and thank everyone who supports your fundraising efforts.

4. Is it better to ask for a one-time donation or a recurring donation?

This depends on your fundraising goal and the needs of your organization. One-time donations can provide a quick boost in funds, while recurring donations can provide a steady stream of income. Consider offering both options to accommodate different donors.

5. Should I ask for donations in person or through email/online?

It's always a good idea to ask for donations in person whenever possible. This allows for a more personal connection and gives you the opportunity to share your passion for your cause. However, using email and online platforms can also be effective, especially for reaching a larger audience. Consider using a combination of both methods for your fundraising efforts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amand221
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefann
  • loreo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
loreo
  • cookingwithdot