• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Als (Lou Gehrig's Disease) Fundraiser Ideas Help

In summary, JessHO is considering ways to fundraise for ALS while also promoting her business. She plans to offer a raffle with a donated product and is also considering advertising with the local walk.
Jess_K
Hi,
I'd like to help the ALS Association and have a fundraiser for the cause. My husband lost his Grandmother to ALS in 2005 and I have several relatives and friends who have been affected. The ALS Association in this area needs more exposure and I would like to set up something without seeming self serving. It's more to help raise money and gain exposure. I'm not sure where to start,
I am going to post flyers in local areas, but I'm wondering about creating a flyer or packet for local businesses and maybe have some type of incentive, raffle or something to promote orders.
Any help or ideas would be appreciated as I have been reading some other ideas on this site as well.

I'm wondering how I can make this a success. Would donating $3 for every booking be silly if it came out of my pocket? I'm just a bit at a loss, if I should even include my PC business or just try to contact businesses for donations and support of the walk itself.

Sorry this is long, it's a near and dear cause to me as I considered "Grandma" to be my own.

Thanks for any and all suggestions,
Jess

HO already donates $3 per booking. If you add $2 of your own money, you can advertise that the organization will get $5.

oh ok, that might be good.. I thought the $3 donation was just for the Help Whip Cancer Fundraisers. Thanks Ann :) Any other suggestions?

bumping... any ideas on how to promote the cause?

Jess_K said:
bumping... any ideas on how to promote the cause?

try this link they might be able to help you...

http://www.als-mda.org

I'll be walking for ALS tomorrow in NY, but they have walks all over the country. If you go to that site, you will find some info.....

thanks Ginger, I will be walking at the local walk as well and plan on a fundraiser in August.. I have some cards from ALS and have contacted a rep. for the walk. There is a local chapter of ALS that I am also working with directly.
Hopefully I can raise awareness in the area as well as maybe get some new contacts.

thanks for the site info.. I generaly go to the chapter website and ALS website.

My good friends husband has it & they kept going to the als site. When I found the other site they went there & found SO much more info. He even said he felt so alone & now he doesn't feel that way. As far as raising money, you could buy those awareness bracelets & sell them or have a silent auction, you can get things donated by local merchants....HTH :)

I have done several fund-raisers using PC- I donate all of my commission so that people know I'm genuine and not self-serving. I've done both kinds of fund-raisers and think the best route is to do it as a cooking or catalog show and use the free products to make a basket to raffle off. I'm currently doing an online one right now (and at two local businesses) and the show is at over $1100 right now!!! And I still having even picked up the orders from the office.

People will be able to tell if you're genuine and you'll likely find them even more supportive as a result.

Good luck to you,

Kelly

thanks for your input.. it's very dear to me and my husband. Grandma was a wonderful person and I had known her for about 8 years before she passed. I might ask some local businesses to help and making a basket to raffle off with the free product value is a great idea.
Do you have flyers that you use Kelly? I'd love to hear your approach to the business' with your fundraiser ideas.

Here's my thoughts.. there are 3 walks in the state for ALS, one of them local. I was thinking of asking the organizer if I could set up a raffle for $3 a ticket and have a drawing for a PC product, SA entertainment set, quick stir pitcher, something like that. The raffle money would go toward the Association as a form of donation and the product would be donated by myself. I would also set up a free ticket for anyone who books a show with me as I am donating the extra $2 to ALS as the booking incentive. I'm not sure the organization would go for it. They already have a Pampered Chef consultant advertising on their website with a link! I'm not even sure that's within policy with PC? is it?

Anyway was just looking for a way to get a little more exposure and to help the cause. I wonder if just a flyer at each walk explaining that I'm hosting a fundraiser and that $5 goes to the ALS when a show is booked. Maybe people could mail me a check for a raffle ticket? Also that any free product that is earned will go towards a fundraier basket to be raffled off by ALS.

What do you think? The problem with the actual tickets at the walks is that I will only be able to go to one of the walks and I'll have my kids. So the 1st idea is pretty much out, but do you think it might work as an online type fundraiers? Maybe I could get local businesses involved.

would I be able to buy the chairman special, the cookware at 60% off and use that as the raffle item? would that void the warranty?

HI! I just spoke to the exec. director for the ALS chapter and she is going to let me put out a gift basket for a silent auction item at the local walk. I need some suggestions on it!! any help? I was thinking the platter and knife from the outlet? and I also have other things, but that would be a larger stand out item. help! and I get to put out literature.. so I was thinking the postcard invites that I had made out to mail.. and maybe a little stand stating who I am and why I am supporting the cause. any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

ALS is a cruel disease. My mum is 83 and had great difficulty speaking and swallowing much of anything. Food was getting trapped in her throat and blocking her air way was happening more often. she battled for each breath. The riluzole did very little to help her. The medical team did even less. Her decline was rapid and devastating. The psychological support from the medical centre was non-existent and if it were not for the sensitive care and attention of our primary physician, there she would have died. There has been little if any progress in finding a cure or reliable treatment. Acupuncture eased her anxiety a bit. this year our primary physician started her on Natural Herbs Centre ALS/MND Ayurvedic treatment, 6 months into treatment she improved dramatically. It has been a complete turnaround with her speech, she no longer needs the feeding tube to feed, the treatment is a miracle. She recovered significantly! Visit Naturalherbscentre. com

Your initiative to support the ALS Association and raise awareness in your community is admirable, and it’s clear you have a personal connection to the cause. Organizing a fundraiser is a significant way to contribute, and there are various strategies you can employ to make it successful. Here are some suggestions and ideas to help you get started:

• Define Fundraiser Goals: Outline your financial and awareness-raising objectives.
  • Leverage Your PC Business: Consider donating a portion of sales and promoting this initiative to attract customers.
  • Engage Local Businesses: Create a flyer or packet to explain the cause and how they can help, such as donations, providing raffle prizes, or participating in the event.
  • Organize a Community Event: Host an event like a walk, run, bake sale, or raffle to gather community support and raise funds.
  • Utilize Social Media: Promote your fundraiser on social media, using personal stories and tagging businesses to increase visibility.
  • Collaborate with the ALS Association: Contact your local chapter for support and resources.
  • Follow Up and Say Thank You: Acknowledge participants, businesses, and donors with a thank you message, sharing the impact of their contributions.
  • Transparency and Accountability: Be clear about fundraising and donation processes to build trust with supporters.

1. What is ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)?

ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease, is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord. It ultimately leads to the loss of muscle control and movement, and can eventually be fatal.

2. How can I help raise funds for ALS?

There are many ways to raise funds for ALS, such as organizing a charity walk or run, hosting a bake sale or car wash, or even setting up an online fundraising page. You can also consider partnering with a local restaurant or business to donate a portion of their sales to the cause.

3. Are there any specific Pampered Chef products or events that support ALS fundraising?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that support ALS fundraising, including our limited edition Help Whip ALS products. We also offer the opportunity to host a fundraiser event where a portion of the sales will be donated to the ALS Association.

4. Can I donate directly to the ALS Association through Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can make a direct donation to the ALS Association through Pampered Chef's Round-Up from the Heart program. Simply round up your order total to the nearest dollar and the difference will be donated to the ALS Association.

5. How can I get involved with ALS fundraising through Pampered Chef?

You can get involved with ALS fundraising through Pampered Chef by hosting a fundraiser event, purchasing our Help Whip ALS products, or making a direct donation through our Round-Up from the Heart program. You can also spread awareness and educate others about ALS and the importance of fundraising for this cause.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tropicalburstqt2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lwetch
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies