• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who knew a cooking demo could turn into a party with $700 in sales?

R
RachelNguyen
I went to a show that was really a party. The hostess had invited her whole family and extended family, including husbands, wives, kids, dogs. She said she didn't think I would be able to do a traditional demo, but since she had a huge granite topped island, I just set myself up there and started cooking and the folks who were interested came over to watch. I made two foccacias, demoed the santuko and mandolin and ended up selling a santuko.

They were all drinking and laughing and having a great time and by the end of it I felt like I was one of the guests! We had a lovely time. (I even indulged in a glass of wine, LOL)

It just goes to show you that you never know what a party will be like. We ended up with $700 in sales and three or four bookings.

I think what struck me is that this can really be flexible. I had another show where the host's house was so small there wasn't room for a demo, so I cooked something ahead of time and we served folks right away and then I just sat in the living room with everyone while they ate and talked about the products we used and what their favorites were. We had about a $500 show with that and it was a really small crowd, so the average sale was high. Booked a couple shows from that one, too!

You know, the more I do this, the more I love it. And the thing I love the most is getting to know the hosts. What a gift it is.

Rachel

Isn't it great to have fun at what you do?! That sounds like a good time and pretty simple. I'm trying to get more people interested in an express show as I think people are getting tired of the whole cooking demo. When I do the cooking demo I have everything premeasured that I possible can and most of the items chopped or grated as well. It also makes the opportunity look easier when you don't have a full on demo to do.

Michele

I love your attitude:) I agree with you; the longer I do this, the more I LOVE it! And that's one of the best things; meeting new people. I think the more relaxed people are, and not pressured to buy; the more fun they have and then they do buy! Glad you had a great show:)

Also goes to show you, that this business is very flexible, and there is always a way to host a show? A small house/kitchen? No problem! Too many people coming and going? No problem!! Don't know enough people? Invite the neighborhood or church, or all of your extended family! No problem!
Great job on your show!!! :)
Jaye

I am so glad to hear that your cooking demo turned into a fun and successful party! It sounds like you were able to adapt to the hostess' unique setup and make the most out of the situation. It's amazing how a simple cooking demo can turn into a fun and interactive experience for everyone involved.

I also love how you mentioned the flexibility of our business. We can truly cater to any type of party or gathering, big or small. And the best part is, we get to share our love for cooking and our products with others while also making sales and booking future shows.

And I couldn't agree more about getting to know the hosts. They truly are the heart of our business and it's a joy to build relationships with them. Keep up the great work and keep spreading the love of cooking!

Related to Who knew a cooking demo could turn into a party with $700 in sales?

1. How did the cooking demo turn into a party with $700 in sales?

The hostess had invited her whole family and extended family, including husbands, wives, kids, dogs. She said she didn't think I would be able to do a traditional demo, but since she had a huge granite topped island, I just set myself up there and started cooking and the folks who were interested came over to watch. I made two foccacias, demoed the santuko and mandolin and ended up selling a santuko.

2. Did you have a good time at the party?

Yes, it was a lovely time. We all had a great time and by the end of it, I felt like I was one of the guests! I even indulged in a glass of wine, LOL.

3. How much in sales did you end up with?

We ended up with $700 in sales and three or four bookings. It was a successful event and I was very pleased with the outcome.

4. Can a cooking demo be flexible?

Absolutely! I had another show where the host's house was too small for a demo, so I cooked something ahead of time and we served folks right away. Then, I just sat in the living room with everyone while they ate and talked about the products we used and what their favorites were. We had about a $500 show with that and it was a really small crowd, so the average sale was high. We even booked a couple of shows from that one, too!

5. What do you enjoy most about doing these demos?

The thing I love most about doing these demos is getting to know the hosts. It is such a gift to be able to connect with them and share my love for these products. It truly makes the experience even more enjoyable for me.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • urbnk8