• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Is Doing/Has Done Love Dare From Fireproof

In summary, the movie was very powerful and it was great to see how it applied to marriage. Both spouses agreed that it is very hard to keep the "spark" going day to day and that it is definitely worth it to try.
jrstephens
We watched the movie at church Sunday night. It was so powerful!! Our church had some of the Love Dare books. I got one. I am not doing it b/c I think my marriage has problems, but I think ALL marriages can benefit from it.

I am on Day Three. If you are doing it what day are you on? And lets share with each other what we feel comfortable sharing. I would love to know what others did on some of the days.

I picked up Russell a milk shake last night for my unexpected gesture after my PC Wedding Shower. I am suppose to buy something to let him know I am thinking of him today. When I bought the milk shake home last night he asked me "are you doing love dare on me?":D These have been easy but I know it will get harder.

I'm glad you started this thread. I got the Love Dare book before I saw the movie. Again, like you, not that our marriage was in trouble, but we are at the 7 year point and we can probably use some "refreshers". We saw the movie a few weeks ago with our Sunday School class and WOW, I was blown away.

I really need to start the book though. My problem starting it is that our church is also reading through the bible in two years. So, every night I read 3-4 chapters in the bible and have another study that I'm doing too, so I've found it a little difficult to start the Love Dare, but this may be the kick I needed to start it!!

We watched the film at our church & it was wonderful! We begin the Bible study portion tonight. I can't wait to get into it! :)

I didn't see the movie... I don't get out to see movies since we now have the boys. Can you tell me more?

pampcheflisa said:
I'm glad you started this thread. I got the Love Dare book before I saw the movie. Again, like you, not that our marriage was in trouble, but we are at the 7 year point and we can probably use some "refreshers". We saw the movie a few weeks ago with our Sunday School class and WOW, I was blown away.

I really need to start the book though. My problem starting it is that our church is also reading through the bible in two years. So, every night I read 3-4 chapters in the bible and have another study that I'm doing too, so I've found it a little difficult to start the Love Dare, but this may be the kick I needed to start it!!

I am not doing the Bible Study just the book. If that is what you are wanting to do, it only takes a few minutes to read and then it give you the Dare to do. You check it off when you complete it. It gives a space for you to journal if you want to but so far I haven't journaled anything.

I say every year I am going to do the Bible read through and never do.

Maybe we can all hold each other accountable!!

I bought the book to do but DH stole it from me.Saw the movie...I don't think he's doing the book right now though...need to find it and steal it back... ;)

I JUST WATCHED THIS last night...our anniversary is in April and I was planning on getting the book then...

What a great movie. I didn't know how my DH would react to it, I was afraid it would be "too preachy" for him, but we did have a small discussion about it after it was over, prob would have been longer, but it was after midnight when we were done w/ it.

We both agreed that it IS very hard to keep that "spark" going day to day with your spouse, but it is definitely worth it to try.

chefsteph07 said:
I JUST WATCHED THIS last night...our anniversary is in April and I was planning on getting the book then...

What a great movie. I didn't know how my DH would react to it, I was afraid it would be "too preachy" for him, but we did have a small discussion about it after it was over, prob would have been longer, but it was after midnight when we were done w/ it.

We both agreed that it IS very hard to keep that "spark" going day to day with your spouse, but it is definitely worth it to try.

Love is a choice, not a feeling...

I haven't lost that lovin' feeling

chefsteph07 said:

Now I'm picturing you at a piano...singing with the Top Gun crew!

I'm singing a duet w/ Maverick and Goose...

chefsteph07 said:

Now I will be singing that song all night! I LOVE that movie. Since that was before Tom Cruise went crazy b/c I don't care for him much now other than to look at, ha! ( I know that lust was in the movie but Russell accepts that kind, ha!:D)

When is your anniversary? Our's is April 14th. It will be 8 years.

Russell isn't doing the book but have noticed a difference in him this week. He gave me a massage the other night. He helped me put up clothes last night when I was getting Cole's hung up and sorted. Little things that make me know he is thinking about it. Doing things without me asking is AMAZING when it happens!

That's funny, I feel the exact same way about Tom...I really love his movies, but I just can't feel the same way since he got weird...LOL

Our anniversary is April 26, we actually share it w/ my parents. :D

I know what you mean about lust, my DH accepts the fact that I would run away w/ Jack Bauer in a heartbeat!

I am planning to start The Love Dare tomorrow! We bought it right after we watched the movie, but my hubby took it, so I am going to find it and read the first day tonight and then do it tomorrow!

Oh, I haven't seen it yet, but I want to! I hope to soon.

My church got the movie and sponsored it down at our local theater and they showed it like 3 times now each time the show house was packed full. For valentines I bought me and hubby the love dare book not that our marriage is in trouble but we loved the movie so much and it really touched on some things with our past so I thought the book would be good and hubby was excited about getting it. I think it was a really good movie

We are starting small group bible studies at church in March. I am planning on facillitating one group. Our marriage isn't the greatest and we'll have been married 10 years in April. Sounds like April is a popular month! :) So I'm looking forward to the study. I'm off to bible study right now but I will check back on this thread. That movie is very powerful and highly recommend anyone watching it.
God bless,
Amanda

just saw the movie this weekend! awesome!!!! i think i am going to have to buy the love dare book now too.

khergatt said:
I am planning to start The Love Dare tomorrow! We bought it right after we watched the movie, but my hubby took it, so I am going to find it and read the first day tonight and then do it tomorrow!

That is kind of how I am doing it. I read the day the night before and do it the next day instead of the day I read it. I am tempted to read ahead but then I think it will be better if I take each day as it comes.

This is an awesome movie. I bought the book for hubby and myself but we haven't even opened them...its been several months because we saw the movie when it first came out. I plan to buy the DVD and have talked to our pastor about showing it. We watched Facing The Giants and it was good for our kids. Pastor's wife wants him to show the film on Sunday morning and then preach on marriage Sunday evening. I think it would be great...not sure what visitors would think though.

And, while this is a marriage enrichment movie I think it would be great for teenagers and single people to watch as well. They don't yet understand the ups and downs that married people go through. I think we all come into marriage with ideas that are "way out there". I know I expected my husband to be just like my daddy...except that I didn't want him telling me what to do. When he didn't do things the way I felt my daddy would do them I was mad at him...sometime for days...lol I was 18 and he was 21.

My hubby and I just celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary on the 15th. We learned quickly that we had to depend on each other and help each other. And, to be honest, when we "got saved" 11 years ago it turned our marriage around.

I think it should be watched during pre-marriage counseling too.

I really want to do this & watch the movie. It is at the top of my NetFlix list, but it says "Very Long Wait".. I may have to break down & buyu it or go to a rental store!

I left Russell a "thinking of your card" and a Reeses out this morning for him to find before he left for work. This is Day 3. He left me a sweet note back.

Has anyone else started yet?

I started Day 1 today. I was tempted a few times and had to literally bite my tongue, but I made it!!!! It isn't so much that I criticize him or whatever, but I do use sarcasm WAY too much. Not today! The rest of the day will be smooth sailing because he is at work! :)

I am really looking forward to doing this. I am reading the dare at night and then doing it the next day.

khergatt said:
I started Day 1 today. I was tempted a few times and had to literally bite my tongue, but I made it!!!! It isn't so much that I criticize him or whatever, but I do use sarcasm WAY too much. Not today! The rest of the day will be smooth sailing because he is at work! :)

I am really looking forward to doing this. I am reading the dare at night and then doing it the next day.

Kristy,

I am VERY sarcastic! Russell new something was up when I held my tongue. Especially when he said something about his parents and the 2nd time he said something since I could not say anything, I said "I am trying to not be negative." Me not sarcastic is a dead give away. I inherited it from my mom:D

I forgot to add the harder part is you are suppose to continue not being sarcastic!:D

we do not have the dare book... but we saw the movie... own it and we are currently doing the fireproof study in our cell group!! love it !

We are just finishing up the fireproof study in our Sunday School Class, too. It was really good.

Jennifer - I know! That won't be so easy for me, but I will continue on the journey!!

I'm a little bit torn. My husband works every other week 24/7. He is gone, but occassionally comes home during the day for a short while. I don't know if I should continue when I don't really see him or wait unitl he comes home to do it. Hmmmm . . .

Another REALLY good book is Love and Respect. It was really eye-opening for me.

Related to Who Is Doing/Has Done Love Dare From Fireproof

1. What is Love Dare from Fireproof?

Love Dare from Fireproof is a book written by Stephen and Alex Kendrick that outlines a 40-day challenge to strengthen and improve marriages. It includes daily tasks and exercises that focus on different aspects of love and relationships.

2. Is Love Dare from Fireproof only for couples who are struggling?

No, Love Dare from Fireproof can be beneficial for all couples, regardless of the current state of their relationship. It is designed to help strengthen and deepen love and connection in marriages.

3. How long is the Love Dare from Fireproof challenge?

The challenge lasts for 40 days, with each day focusing on a different aspect of love. However, many couples continue to practice the principles and exercises even after the initial 40 days are over.

4. Can Love Dare from Fireproof be done alone or does it require both partners?

While it is designed to be completed by both partners together, it is possible for one person to do the challenge alone. However, the impact may be greater when both partners are actively participating and committed to the process.

5. What do I do if my partner is not interested in doing Love Dare from Fireproof?

If your partner is not willing to participate, you can still complete the challenge on your own and focus on improving your own actions and attitudes towards your relationship. You may also consider seeking counseling or support from a trusted friend or mentor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mrackliff
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PampChefJoy
  • patty42240