• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who is Celebrating a Birthday? Bethcooks4You!

In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of recruiting and the new requirement for every Consultant to recruit at least one person to qualify for any level of the incentive program. Some participants expressed opposition towards recruiting, while others shared success stories and strategies for overcoming this attitude. The conversation emphasized the importance of working smarter and not harder, and the potential benefits of recruiting for both sales and team development.
Christ Follower
Gold Member
:balloon::balloon:Happy Birthday!!!:balloon::balloon:

Sorry~ IT should be Bethcooks4U!

Recruiting AttitudeWhen they announced at Leadership that every Consultant would need to recruit at least one to qualify for any level of the incentive program, most of us knew that we would be met with some opposition in attitudes regarding recruiting.

My thought on this is "work harder not smarter" and clearly other have decided it's too Amway (for lack of a better example coming to mind). Honestly, none of my consultants have even noticed the requirement yet.

At our spring kick-off on the 26th, I plan to do a director pile-on, One November Night and then talk about the work smarter, not harder attitude. I think the One November Night illustrates that beautifully.

Anyone else have any thoughts on extinguishing the "I don't want to recruit" attitude before it becomes a major issue? Honestly, I can see lots of clusters becoming divided over this.... the recruiters vs. the I won't recruit consultants...

At this time I have one recruit interested in recruiting. I have another but she is concentrating on getting the shows right now and wants recruiting on the back burner. Everyone else has made it very clear that they have no interest in recruiting no matter what I say or what PC offers. None of them have high sales either.

So for my team it's a non-issue.

What I would say to someone trying for a trip who's not a recruiter is: an advantage of recruiting is that you get 2000 point each and lower point requirements...

finley1991 said:
When they announced at Leadership that every Consultant would need to recruit at least one to qualify for any level of the incentive program, most of us knew that we would be met with some opposition in attitudes regarding recruiting.

My thought on this is "work harder not smarter" and clearly other have decided it's too Amway (for lack of a better example coming to mind). Honestly, none of my consultants have even noticed the requirement yet.

At our spring kick-off on the 26th, I plan to do a director pile-on, One November Night and then talk about the work smarter, not harder attitude. I think the One November Night illustrates that beautifully.

Anyone else have any thoughts on extinguishing the "I don't want to recruit" attitude before it becomes a major issue? Honestly, I can see lots of clusters becoming divided over this.... the recruiters vs. the I won't recruit consultants...

the biggest obstacle I have in getting my top performer to understanding recruiting is that she feels it is going to take business/sales away from her. So, I'm going to share this story with her:
At the airport after Leadership I ran into another newly promoted director IN MY AREA (we live less than 10 miles from each other). We had NEVER met, nor had we heard of each other, which is amazing since it is a small town! Her upline is not associated with mine in the least. This is where it gets even funnier. We literally were next door neighbors at one point, although neither of us was doing PC at the time. Now, if we can live that close, both be developing teams and neither of us had heard of the other imagine the people out there that have not heard of PC. So, people are there! We are both meeting our minimum team requirements to boot! So, obviously we are not hurting for bookings/sales. But look at what we have gained by sharing the opportunity.

Not sure if that will help your situation or mine, but I plan on atleast telling my team about it.

oh, I wanted to add that after Leadership I realized just how much I had been limiting myself in offering the opportunity too. So, I guess I'm also guilty at times. BUT I do plan on changing it and SOON!! I've already done 1 interview and plan on "finding my leads everywhere!"

amy07 said:
the biggest obstacle I have in getting my top performer to understanding recruiting is that she feels it is going to take business/sales away from her. So, I'm going to share this story with her:
At the airport after Leadership I ran into another newly promoted director IN MY AREA (we live less than 10 miles from each other). We had NEVER met, nor had we heard of each other, which is amazing since it is a small town! Her upline is not associated with mine in the least. This is where it gets even funnier. We literally were next door neighbors at one point, although neither of us was doing PC at the time. Now, if we can live that close, both be developing teams and neither of us had heard of the other imagine the people out there that have not heard of PC. So, people are there! We are both meeting our minimum team requirements to boot! So, obviously we are not hurting for bookings/sales. But look at what we have gained by sharing the opportunity.

Not sure if that will help your situation or mine, but I plan on atleast telling my team about it.

I know of 2 other directors in my (small) town and one lives in my neighborhood. I learned of her because her mother came to my booth at a local fair. I gave mom my card and asked her to tell her daughter to call so we could network but haven't heard from her - I don't know which house is hers either.

Anyway, there may be other directors in my town too - I don't know. But I do know that we haven't hurt each other's businesses either.

BUT... I recruited 3 of my best hosts within a month last August and my business has suffered greatly from that. :cry:I didn't realize how much of my business was directly from those lines. I am on an upward slope right now but it's tough. I will be happy to be able to tell my story to those worried about this as soon as I get back up. :p

you'll do it!!

I agree that I have not been the best at offering our biz opp so that is my goal this year. Also to be a good role-model to my team.

On another note, I live in the burbs in metro Detroit. I had heard that there was another director in my town but never met her. Ended up sitting next to her at workshop. She didn't know there was another director in our town (me) and let's just say, she was LESS THAN THRILLED to meet me. We chatted a bit and went from a super friendly intro to an ice cold conversation. At dinner that night I pointed her out to my roommate and she gave me the meanest look! I'm not sure if she sees me as competition or what but it was brutal! Clearly we've never run into each other or taken business from one another (that I know of)... but she didn't have to be so rude!!!

I guess some people just don't get it... as we've seen on CS.

So with that, my goal is to recruit my hiney off this year and grow a HUGE team!!!

ouch!! But I must admit I had the same experience too, not with the lady I mentioned earlier, but with some other consultants who live in the same state. Like if you are on the other end of the state, am I really "competition"?

finley1991 said:
On another note, I live in the burbs in metro Detroit. I had heard that there was another director in my town but never met her. Ended up sitting next to her at workshop. She didn't know there was another director in our town (me) and let's just say, she was LESS THAN THRILLED to meet me. We chatted a bit and went from a super friendly intro to an ice cold conversation. At dinner that night I pointed her out to my roommate and she gave me the meanest look! I'm not sure if she sees me as competition or what but it was brutal! Clearly we've never run into each other or taken business from one another (that I know of)... but she didn't have to be so rude!!!

Um, I live 5 miles away from my NED and this is never an issue. What a beeoootch!!!!

I was initially one of those consultants dead-set against recruiting (yep, I thought it was Amway-ish), but then my HD gave me a way to look at it differently. Here's what she did:

At a cluster meeting she asked each of us to write down on a 3x5 card what was either our biggest challenge or what we were least comfortable with. (I wrote 'recruiting'.) She collected them and read the topics aloud. She asked what made me uncomfortable about recruiting and I shared I felt like a used car salesman (no offense to anyone with family members in that business). She then went around the room and asked each of us these two questions:
- Do you regret becoming a consultant?
- Do you feel your recruiter used you in any way?

Wow. Everyone's 'heart tugs' came pouring out and no one had one iota of negative feelings about having been recruited. As Emeril says, BAM! The light bulb went on; I realized it wasn't about selling someone the business but about helping someone start their business. Maybe doing something similar would help?.

We are going to have consultants who are offended by the on-going recruiting push (and I admit to being one of them), but that is okay. HO is clearly going thru some growth issues and the current recruiting approach isn't for everyone....but the business opportunity still is. If the recruiting emails from HO bother some consultants, they can simply read them, delete them, and still recruit.

Here's something else to maybe share with our consultants: The last thing Jean said at Leadership was something about having Pampered Chef products in every home. That isn't going to happen without a lot more consultants. How many times do we still run into people who have never heard of The Pampered Chef, let alone been to a show? But I bet they've heard of Kitchen Aid, OXO, and Williams-Sonoma. This might not be why HO is pushing recruiting so much, but it would make sense. Just a thought.

Thanks for starting this thread Colleen.

amy07 said:

Another thing you can add is that LOTS of people will join PC because it's the BEST DS company in the world!!! Those people are going to be recruited by "someone", it may as well be them so they can get the rewards (money, trips, jewelry...) It's a no brainer. :)

legacypc46 said:
I was initially one of those consultants dead-set against recruiting (yep, I thought it was Amway-ish), but then my HD gave me a way to look at it differently. Here's what she did:

At a cluster meeting she asked each of us to write down on a 3x5 card what was either our biggest challenge or what we were least comfortable with. (I wrote 'recruiting'.) She collected them and read the topics aloud. She asked what made me uncomfortable about recruiting and I shared I felt like a used car salesman (no offense to anyone with family members in that business). She then went around the room and asked each of us these two questions:
- Do you regret becoming a consultant?
- Do you feel your recruiter used you in any way?

Wow. Everyone's 'heart tugs' came pouring out and no one had one iota of negative feelings about having been recruited. As Emeril says, BAM! The light bulb went on; I realized it wasn't about selling someone the business but about helping someone start their business. Maybe doing something similar would help?.

We are going to have consultants who are offended by the on-going recruiting push (and I admit to being one of them), but that is okay. HO is clearly going thru some growth issues and the current recruiting approach isn't for everyone....but the business opportunity still is. If the recruiting emails from HO bother some consultants, they can simply read them, delete them, and still recruit.

Here's something else to maybe share with our consultants: The last thing Jean said at Leadership was something about having Pampered Chef products in every home. That isn't going to happen without a lot more consultants. How many times do we still run into people who have never heard of The Pampered Chef, let alone been to a show? But I bet they've heard of Kitchen Aid, OXO, and Williams-Sonoma. This might not be why HO is pushing recruiting so much, but it would make sense. Just a thought.

Thanks for starting this thread Colleen.

WOW! Talk about lightbulb moment! My local team does not want to recruit and it's obvious they don't want me to talk about it. I am definitely doing this at my next meeting! Thanks!!!:love0010:

I am with you Beth....they are not gonna know what hit them!

I heard at LS one of the speakers say someone in her group said they "didn't want to do that to someone" when talking about recruiting. Her reply was "to do something to them? are you happy that someone did this to you?" Another lightbulb moment!!!

I have to give a lot of credit to my former HD (Sandi Griffin). She was (is) brillant at presenting things in a balanced picture.

Thanks Ellen! I hardly ever get on here (obviously! - it's already MAY).:indifferent0016: But I do appreciate that you thought of me!

Happy birthday Beth.

Related to Who is Celebrating a Birthday? Bethcooks4You!

1. What is "Happy Birthday~ Bethcooks4You!"?

Happy Birthday~ Bethcooks4You! is a special event hosted by Pampered Chef to celebrate the birthday of our beloved chef, Beth. It's a day filled with fun, food, and cooking demonstrations by Beth herself.

2. When is "Happy Birthday~ Bethcooks4You!" taking place?

The event will take place on Beth's actual birthday, which is on June 15th. The exact time and location will be announced closer to the date.

3. Is there a cost to attend "Happy Birthday~ Bethcooks4You!"?

No, the event is completely free for all attendees. However, there may be optional items available for purchase during the event.

4. Can I bring my children to "Happy Birthday~ Bethcooks4You!"?

Yes, children are welcome to attend the event. We will have fun activities and treats for them to enjoy while the adults watch the cooking demonstrations.

5. Will there be any special promotions or discounts at "Happy Birthday~ Bethcooks4You!"?

Yes, there will be exclusive discounts and promotions available only for attendees of "Happy Birthday~ Bethcooks4You!" These will be announced during the event, so make sure to attend to take advantage of these deals!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedDor
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
letscook04
  • PamperedDor
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sklay723
  • PamperedDor