• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

White Film on Pot Bottom: How to Remove?

In summary, to remove the white film on the bottom of your pot, you can use a mixture of white vinegar and water or baking soda. It is important to avoid using a metal scouring pad as it can cause damage to the pot's surface. The white film is caused by mineral deposits from water and can be prevented by properly cleaning and drying the pot after each use, as well as using filtered water while cooking and regularly deep cleaning with vinegar and water.
StacieB
Gold Member
Ok what should I do. I have used my pot twice since I got it from POR. I have only hand washed it. Today I was putting it away and there is a white film on the inside bottom. I scrubbed and scrubbed and it wont come off. What should I do?

try bar keepers friend

What did you make in it?

The first time I made mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving and the second time I made Vegtable Beef Soup!!

I had the same problem with my pan and I used "Bar Keepers Friend" and it came right off.

Thanks will try that!!

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the white film on the bottom of your pot. This can happen sometimes when cooking with certain ingredients or using hard water. Here are a few tips to help remove it:1. Try soaking the pot in warm water with a few drops of dish soap for about 30 minutes. Then, use a soft sponge or cloth to gently scrub the film off.2. You can also try using a mixture of equal parts vinegar and water to soak the pot for about an hour before scrubbing it off.3. For tougher build-up, you can make a paste with baking soda and water and apply it to the affected area. Let it sit for about 15 minutes before scrubbing it off.Remember to always use gentle cleaning methods and avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive scrubbers, as they can damage the surface of your pot. I hope these suggestions help and your pot is back to its shiny self soon! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

Related to White Film on Pot Bottom: How to Remove?

1. How do I remove the white film on the bottom of my pot?

To remove the white film on the bottom of your pot, mix equal parts of white vinegar and water in the pot and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Then, scrub the bottom with a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse with water and dry thoroughly.

2. Can I use baking soda to remove the white film on my pot?

Yes, you can use baking soda to remove the white film on your pot. Sprinkle baking soda on the bottom of the pot and add enough water to make a paste. Let it sit for about 15 minutes, then scrub with a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse with water and dry thoroughly.

3. Will using a metal scouring pad damage my pot while removing the white film?

Yes, using a metal scouring pad can damage the surface of your pot. It is recommended to use a non-abrasive sponge or cloth to avoid scratches. If the white film is stubborn, you can try using a plastic scrubber or a soft-bristled brush.

4. Why does my pot have a white film on the bottom?

The white film on the bottom of your pot is caused by mineral deposits, which can come from the water used while cooking. These deposits can also build up over time if the pot is not properly cleaned and dried after each use.

5. Is there a way to prevent the white film from forming on my pot?

To prevent the white film from forming on your pot, make sure to clean it thoroughly after each use and dry it completely before storing. You can also try using filtered water while cooking to reduce the amount of mineral deposits. Regularly deep cleaning your pot with a mixture of vinegar and water can also help prevent the build-up of the white film.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Tracy99
  • Tad
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • obxchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies