• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Whining on CS: Tips to Keep Your Cool and Sanity

In summary, the people on CS are whining about different things. Some are whining about how the trip is unattainable, others are whining about how the rewards are not good enough, and still others are whining about the games on FB.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I am about ready to pull my hair our over the whining on CS.
ARGH!!!!:mad:

yeah, I think that thread is really inappropriate. I was going to respond, but I dont' want to incite a riot.

Buncha whiners over there - get off your computers and make some customer care calls ya jerkies!!!
Man, if I didn't know better I'd think I was PMSing...LOL
They REALLY got my panties in a bunch!

Uh-oh! LOL
What is it this time?

I have not been on CS for a very long time because of the icky stuff. It just brought me down too much and sucked up my time reading it and getting frustrated over it. Of course now I am curious as to what the whinning is about! ;)

It's just the normal whiners who want someting for nothing and need a way to justify NOT working for it - I read it and thought it was typical of them....loved your response Carolyn.

I'm not on there but am curious! What are they whining about NOW? Please tell!

just whining about how the trip is unattainable, why did they take away level one, blah blah blah.....It's mostly the usual suspects (Di Can Cook of course!)

Ahhhh... I figured as much. I am sure I am going to get some whining from my TEAM regarding my new recognition program but I'm setting the bar high. I'm tired of the mediocre production.

what cracks me up about that whole thread, most of the people whining about how unattainable the trip is, only do 1 or 2 shows a month. Do they really think that is stellar selling warranting a reward??They are just wannabees......but not willing to put in the effort required to earn the trip

ChefLoriG said:
what cracks me up about that whole thread, most of the people whining about how unattainable the trip is, only do 1 or 2 shows a month. Do they really think that is stellar selling warranting a reward??

They are just wannabees......but not willing to put in the effort required to earn the trip

It is funny... I remind my team all the time that *it's a reward, not a requirement!*

Do they honestly think they should be rewarded for doing 2 shows a month? UGH!

I just posted on there and if they can read anything into it they would read..."if ya want it bad enough then go get it."

I agree that the bar has been set high, but living in Hawaii is very expensive and this trip costs a lot. Also, the first level of Hawaii isn't 3 days...it's 5 and each level has spending money to go with it.
There are gift cards too that can be put towards your own trip. Anyone who earns it is going to have to put a lot into it. But they will get a lot back!

Now it is clear why they took balance business away as a TPC/Excellence Awards incentive...that is the direction they need to lead us in to keep the company financially healthy.

On CS it has been whine about the free planner (not calendar), whine about the trip and the one that REALLY got me was whining about how "cheap" the flyer for the March host and guest specials were. GAK!!! I responded politely but I have not been back to that one because I was ready to go Jersey Girl!!!!

To clarify, I do not like how the planner was set up, but oh well...adjust and move on.

Alas... if they only spent the time they spent whining on their businesses instead...I have (who you've ALL heard about) who wants to promote to D, yet she has ZERO showed booked and when I log onto FB, she's always playing the games. Why don't they *get* it? Oh yea, it's easier to complain and blame...

I love the March flyer!

I thought it was a fresh look too!

And yes, Colleen...I am not on FB that much. I am not a game player and can not imagine the time that is eaten up with this.

I also forgot on the director's loop one person was REALLY upset about the Incentive Trip DVD...I mean just tearing into HO for such a lousey....blah, blah, blah and I wrote them this letter...yack, yack, yack.

The changes are tough, but...love the saying..when things get tough, the tough get going!:party:

finley1991 said:
Alas... if they only spent the time they spent whining on their businesses instead...

I have (who you've ALL heard about) who wants to promote to D, yet she has ZERO showed booked and when I log onto FB, she's always playing the games.

Why don't they *get* it? Oh yea, it's easier to complain and blame...

OMG the FB games...they are as dangerous as crack to our businesses. I was playing "Mafia Wars" from just after the Miami incentive trip til the end of May. And let me tell you - my June July & August were ATROCIOUS!!!!! Once I finally got my butt off that stupid game and got my "head in the game" of business...whammo - by November I was $21 in the company in personal sales. All those idiots need to FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS. We are th eonly ones responsible for our own destinies!

I will probably look back at this thread because it is like watching a bad car wreck...but I hope I think twice and don't. I feel like my teenager is posting.

1. How can I prevent whining from happening in the first place?

One of the best ways to prevent whining is to set clear expectations and boundaries with your children. Make sure they know what is expected of them and the consequences for not meeting those expectations. Consistency is also key - if you give in to whining sometimes but not other times, it can be confusing for children.

2. What should I do when my child starts whining?

The first step is to stay calm and avoid getting frustrated. Take a deep breath and try to understand why your child is whining. Are they tired, hungry, or in need of attention? Address their needs as calmly and patiently as possible.

3. How can I teach my child to communicate their needs without whining?

One approach is to model effective communication yourself. Use a calm and respectful tone when speaking to your child and encourage them to do the same. You can also teach them specific phrases to use when they want something, such as "Can I please have..." or "I need help with...". Praise and reinforce their efforts to communicate effectively.

4. Is it ever okay to give in to whining?

In general, it's best to avoid giving in to whining. Doing so only reinforces the behavior and can lead to more frequent whining in the future. However, there may be times when it's appropriate to give in, such as when your child is sick or going through a difficult time. Use your judgement and consider the long-term impact of giving in to whining.

5. How can I stay patient and calm when dealing with whining?

It's important to take care of yourself and manage your own stress levels when dealing with whining. Take breaks when needed and try to find healthy coping mechanisms for your own frustration. You can also try using positive self-talk or mindfulness techniques to stay calm in the moment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Inomiamenda
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • finley1991
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Mel5497