• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Shipping Option is Best: UPS or USPS?

In summary, the ladies are discussing sending an order to a relative in North Dakota. They are unsure if they should send it via USPS or UPS. The ladies all agree that USPS is cheaper and more convienent.
momoftwins
Hey ladies! I need to send an order to my aunt in ND. I did not get it in time to take it to her this past weekend. Anyway, it is 2 stones and 2 sets of the easy read measuring cups. I have it all boxed up in a PC box with the foam that usually comes in our orders. I am just now wondering if I should send it via USPS or UPS. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance.

momoftwins said:
Hey ladies! I need to send an order to my aunt in ND. I did not get it in time to take it to her this past weekend. Anyway, it is 2 stones and 2 sets of the easy read measuring cups. I have it all boxed up in a PC box with the foam that usually comes in our orders. I am just now wondering if I should send it via USPS or UPS. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance.

My opinion...USPS, at least they work on Sat. Also I think they are more convient(sp?);)

UPS all the way. On something that heavy.

Or weigh it and then look on line to see who is cheaper.

USPS because UPS is really bad with boxes (throwing them) Post will be more gentle with them.

You can always take the box to the post office - check price and then go to the ups store and check there price.

But I would still go with USPS

whiteyteresa said:
USPS because UPS is really bad with boxes (throwing them) Post will be more gentle with them.

You can always take the box to the post office - check price and then go to the ups store and check there price.

But I would still go with USPS
Same opinion here. You are shipping stones. If they break they're gone. Pack them really well and send them by USPS. They aren't perfect but with the way the boxes have been coming via UPS lately I wouldn't trust them!

Either way you send it I would make sure to have insurance on it and give them an accurate value of product.

Thanks - I tried weighing it on my scale at home but not sure how accurate it was. USPS is cheaper by a few dollars with the weight I figured. I planned on insuring it and also going with delivery confirmation.

I know you all think UPS is rough with your boxes, but I would go with UPS. I get all of my packages from USPS and they toss boxes around too!!! I have had several lately that looked like they were run over by a mack truck. Including some crystal that I was sending to a friend back in the States.

Your package isn't going that far, you would get overnight delivery for the ground price at UPS. And, it's only two centers that are going to handle your boxes. I would go with UPS.

Just wanted to give the flip side of this discussion!!!

Every shipping company tosses boxes. They are there to work fast and accurately, not care whether it's a basketball or a piece of fine china.

I have had two packages completely DESTROYED by the USPS, and they lost the contents of it COMPLETELY. Nothing was ever returned to me. So, it's a toss up.

Go with what you feel more comfortable, is more cost effective and most convenient. And insure the items and put tracking on it!

Good luck!

Related to Which Shipping Option is Best: UPS or USPS?

What are the shipping rates for Ups and Usps?

The shipping rates for Ups and Usps vary depending on the weight, size, and destination of the package. It is best to check the specific rates for your package using the online shipping calculators provided by Ups and Usps.

Which shipping carrier is faster, Ups or Usps?

Ups typically offers faster shipping options, especially for international packages. However, the speed of delivery also depends on the specific service chosen and the destination.

Can I track my package if it is shipped through Ups or Usps?

Yes, both Ups and Usps provide tracking services for their packages. You can track your package using the tracking number provided by the shipping carrier.

Are there any restrictions on what can be shipped through Ups or Usps?

Both Ups and Usps have certain restrictions on what can be shipped, such as hazardous materials and certain types of food. It is important to check with the specific carrier for their list of restricted items before shipping.

Can I choose between Ups or Usps for my shipping method?

Yes, as a customer of Pampered Chef, you have the option to choose between Ups or Usps for your shipping method. You can select the carrier that best fits your needs and budget at the time of checkout.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pattikake
  • mrshamel3808
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • AprilM