• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Samsung Blackjack or Razr: Which Phone is the Better Upgrade Option?

In summary, the conversation is about upgrading phones and discussing different options and opinions. The main topic is about the Razr phone not holding a charge and the possibility of upgrading to a new phone. Some people are happy with their Razr while others have had issues and switched to different phones, such as the Samsung or Blackberry. There is also a discussion about the features and capabilities of these phones, such as syncing with Outlook and accessing PDF flyers. Some people are considering upgrading and others are happy with their current phone.
jrstephens
I currently have a Razr and I can upgrade on March 1. I have had it for two years and love it. It has started not holding a charge good. I am trying to decide which phone I want - that is if I go ahead and upgrade. I may just keep mine for a while longer, but I can upgrade on March 1. I am always a sucker for any new gadjet phone whether I use all the bells and whistles or not! HA!

Does anyone have these? Have any pros and cons of each of them.

I am wtih Cingular/AT&T in case any of you have them and have other suggestions.

Thanks!

I have a Samsung from verizon - and LOVE IT!!! 2 of my daughters have the Razor and HATE it - one just was eligible for her upgrade and got the voyager - the other isn't due till April and is counting the days - she now uses the other ones battery as well - since they said the same thing - doesn't hold a charge! Good luck!

You could always just get a new battery (the frugal side of me). :)Batteries are only made to last about 12-15 months anyway. Plus the way people use cell phones they tend to condition their batteries not to hold a complete charge. Your battery is just getting old.I've had a RAZR for 1 year (only upgraded because my past cell phone was 7 years old - still worked great, but it is nice to have a little camera and other features and we got them VERY cheap) and love the RAZR. I don't need any other bells and whistles, I don't use half of what I have!

I have the small version of the Razr. I have the Krazr. I love it. I was irritated by it at first because it wouldn't hold a charge at all. So I brought it back to exchange it (within the 30 days) and they told me to make sure that when I was charging it that I shut it off. If you charge it while it is on, it will only get charged 80%. So I tried it and he was totally right. I just plug it in every night now and shut it off.

I had a Razr, HATED it. I had to exchange it within the first couple of month. It was bad enough that they let me upgrade when I had only had it about 1 year of my 2 year agreement. I have an 8525 now. (ALL the bells and wistles!) I have had a few problems with it, but I really like it.

I have not read thru the other posts but I got a Samsung Blackjack last monday and I am LOVING it! It is easy to use. It is comfortable in my hand and easy to navigate. This is my first PDF phone so I was a bit worried about being able to figure it all out. I synched it right up to outlook and now I have all my calendar stuff and all my address book with me all the time. I have also loaded the PDF flyers from HO into a folder so now if I am oput and about and someone asks me what the specials are coming up I can tell them all the right info. (I almost never had them before).

etteluap70PC said:
I have not read thru the other posts but I got a Samsung Blackjack last monday and I am LOVING it! It is easy to use. It is comfortable in my hand and easy to navigate. This is my first PDF phone so I was a bit worried about being able to figure it all out. I synched it right up to outlook and now I have all my calendar stuff and all my address book with me all the time. I have also loaded the PDF flyers from HO into a folder so now if I am oput and about and someone asks me what the specials are coming up I can tell them all the right info. (I almost never had them before).

That sounds coo. I did not know it did that. Do you have to pay a fee to be able to have the PDF flyers on there? I know you do to use email.

Bumping in cae anyone else has an opinion:D

I've got a Blackberry Curve, and I love it. It has a lot of stuff similar to the Blackjack. I'm able to keep track of my personal, professional and PC life all on this phone. It rocks.

jrstephens said:
That sounds coo. I did not know it did that. Do you have to pay a fee to be able to have the PDF flyers on there? I know you do to use email.

Nope! I upload from my computer, it's part of the windows program.

I did sign up for the PDA upgrade (email web surfing)to my phone plan to get a beter deal on my phone but I am going to cancel it next week. I do not really need it and the phone works fine without it.

I've got a Blackberry (also through AT&T) & I really like it. Works great for me. I had a Razr & hated it. I had the battery problem and a horrible humming noise when I was on the phone. Major PITA. :)

etteluap70PC said:
Nope! I upload from my computer, it's part of the windows program.

I did sign up for the PDA upgrade (email web surfing)to my phone plan to get a beter deal on my phone but I am going to cancel it next week. I do not really need it and the phone works fine without it.

Did you have to buy a cord to do that or did it come with it?

I got the Blackjack last week and I LOVE IT!!:D

Russell is addicted to the Bubble Busting game on it.

Related to Samsung Blackjack or Razr: Which Phone is the Better Upgrade Option?

1. What are the main differences between the Samsung Blackjack and Razr?

The Samsung Blackjack and Razr are both popular cell phones, but they have some key differences. The Blackjack runs on a Windows Mobile operating system, while the Razr runs on a Motorola operating system. The Blackjack also has a full QWERTY keyboard, while the Razr has a traditional keypad. Additionally, the Blackjack has a larger screen and better battery life compared to the Razr.

2. Which phone has a better camera: Samsung Blackjack or Razr?

The Samsung Blackjack has a 1.3 megapixel camera, while the Razr has a 2 megapixel camera. This means that the Razr has a slightly better camera resolution. However, both phones have similar camera features such as flash, zoom, and video recording capabilities.

3. Can I expand the storage on the Samsung Blackjack or Razr?

Both the Samsung Blackjack and Razr have expandable storage options. The Blackjack has a microSD card slot, while the Razr has a microSDHC card slot. This allows you to add more storage for music, photos, and other files.

4. Is the Samsung Blackjack or Razr better for gaming?

The Samsung Blackjack has a more powerful processor and larger screen, making it better suited for gaming compared to the Razr. However, the Razr does have some preloaded games and the option to download more from the app store.

5. Which phone has a longer battery life: Samsung Blackjack or Razr?

The Samsung Blackjack has a longer battery life compared to the Razr. The Blackjack has a standby time of up to 250 hours, while the Razr has a standby time of up to 200 hours. However, actual battery life may vary depending on usage and other factors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Karen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampermejolene
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • NooraK
  • General Chat
Replies