• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which New Recipes Have You Tried?

In summary, the consultants at the meeting shared various recipes including a Mexican Layered Dip, Mini Monte Cristo Puffs, Summertime Spaghetti, Pina Colada Trifle, and more. Some members discussed making healthier versions of the recipes, and one consultant shared her success with the Deep Dish Peach Pie.
baychef
Silver Member
Tried the summer spaghetti it was a hit with my boyfriend but for me, I wanted some changes made to it to be a better hit with me!

I have ingredients to try Twice Baked Potato Bites and the Caprese Appetizer Shells!

I made the Lemonade Shortcake Cups and they were easy and delicious -- very few ingredients.

At our meeting, other consultants made the following:

• Mexican Layered Dip - This was so good I plan to make it for our Oscar Party on Sunday.
  • Mini Monte Cristo Puffs - The strawberry jam was really yummy on these, but I didn't really taste the ham and cheese so much.
  • Summertime Spaghetti - As you said, this is really good. The Consultant made it with whole wheat pasta which I don't love, but it was still good. I'm eager to try it with regular pasta.
  • Pina Colada Trifle - I loved this! I guess if you don't like coconut, you might not, but it's so light and delicious. I want to make this soon.

I'm so excited to try the Upside-Down Cherry Cheesecakes as soon as I get the Single-Servings Pan.

Shari in TX

Since I gave up fast food, fried food and sugar in January, it's difficult to try these recipes. I'll have to do some conversions to whole foods, etc. to make them healthy and experiment away! Has anyone else tried to make any of these healthier?

My DCB doesn't fit in my microwave. Do you think I could do the summer spaghetti in the oven, or is that really silly?

I think it may take a long time to make it in the oven. And Brenda I would love to hear how you convert some of the recipes. I have a couple customers that would go for conversions you speak of.

At our meeting last night we had these recipes:

• twice-baked potato bites - so VERY delicious! Absolutely to die for!
  • tangy gazpacho cucumber cups - very tasty; the lone man at the meeting said they would be even better with either pepperoni or bacon added to them
  • mexican layered dip - very good, the consultant who made this had issues finding the correct size of tortilla as did I when I made it after spring launch. It's harder to make the bowl with a smaller tortilla
  • mini monte cristo puffs - good, I agree with not as flavorful as I hoped they would be
  • family style taco - LOVED the crust on this; the director who made this has been in the business for a long time and said it's the taco ring revamped and everyone really liked it
  • summertime spaghetti - DELICIOUS! Very light and bright tasting
  • pina colada trifle - wonderful, also very light
  • chocolate-covered peanut butter & banana tarts - Oh so good! Very decadent
  • upside-down cherry cheesecakes - these were good but didn't have the creamy cheescake-ness that I would prefer
  • lemonade shortcake cups - very good, I love lemon and these were a big hit
  • spinach, sausage & polenta lasagnas (from the use and care for the single serving stone) - YUMMY! They turned right out of the pan as they were supposed to and the flavor was great. Someone else had made with the already cooked polenta and found it mushy. This was made with the instant and no mushiness at all. :)

As far as I know, none of them were "healthier" versions but we were all very excited about this upcoming season's recipes, no duds in the batch!

I've made the Deep Dish Peach Pie a couple of times already. It's always a hit. Using the frozen peaches gives it a tartness we like (that you wouldn't get with canned peaches, even in juice). I like to cut the peaches up a bit, so they're more bite-sized, before baking. It's great warm with vanilla ice cream. It also reheats pretty well if you have any left over. However, it doesn't make a lot, so if you're having a lot of people for dessert, you should double it and do it in the DCB. It reminds me more of a cobbler, or similar, since the topping remains in individual pieces - doesn't meld together to form a solid crust. I love that you can keep the pie crust and peaches on hand in the freezer for a quick dessert.

CookinWithLynda said:
I've made the Deep Dish Peach Pie a couple of times already. It's always a hit. Using the frozen peaches gives it a tartness we like (that you wouldn't get with canned peaches, even in juice). I like to cut the peaches up a bit, so they're more bite-sized, before baking. It's great warm with vanilla ice cream. It also reheats pretty well if you have any left over. However, it doesn't make a lot, so if you're having a lot of people for dessert, you should double it and do it in the DCB. It reminds me more of a cobbler, or similar, since the topping remains in individual pieces - doesn't meld together to form a solid crust. I love that you can keep the pie crust and peaches on hand in the freezer for a quick dessert.

I made this too and I agree. Yummy

Tonight we tried the beefy mac & cheese soup. It was real easy to make and it was yummy!!

i have made the beefy mac & cheese soup, the fajita wraps, and the verde shrimp chowder - all very good! my friends gobbled up the mac & cheese soup, and my hubby likes the wraps!

I made the Cavatappi & meatballs in lemon-basil sauce and my entire family scarfed it up! My husband RAVED about it! And it shocked me because I was sure I would never like that sweet basil rub or use it for anything!

We tried the Tangy lemon chicken stir-fry and while I loved it (I couldn't keep my fork out of it even as I was putting the left overs away!!) hubby said he could do without the lemon and only one of my daughters ate it. I'll make it again, though, even if it's just for me!

Here are the recipes I have tried so far:
Family Style Taco - had a good taste, but kind of bready. Would be difficult to cut in small pieces for a show unless you make like a pizza
Mexican Layered Dip - made it without the bowl since it was just for my family of 2. Great recipe!
Summertime Spaghetti - it was kind of pasty. I wonder if I cooked it too long. It had a good flavor, but I couldn't seem to get the veggies and chicken well mixed.
Deep Dish Peach Pie - first try was with frozen peaches, which I did not like at all. Second try was with canned peaches, which was much better!
Lemonade Shortcake cups - I made mine without the lemon curd/water mixture on the top, since I thought the lemon curd/whipped topping filling was lemony enough. Shared them with friends who loved them and thought the crust was like a shortbread cookie.

We had a recipe sampling and presented the following:

caprese appetizer shells
mexican layered dip
mini monte cristo puffs
deep dish peach pie
pina colada trifle

All were good except the monte cristo puffs. I didn't care for them. I thought the trifle was the best. I have also made the Spicy three-pepper fettucine from the new 29 min cookbook. We loved it but I didn't find it that spicy. I used mild sausage so next time I'll try with hot. We do really like spice in this house.

I have sampled the new rubs and the ginger citrus is good but very very strong in your face ginger. So I don't think it will be for everyone.

bcowdin said:
Here are the recipes I have tried so far:
Family Style Taco - had a good taste, but kind of bready. Would be difficult to cut in small pieces for a show unless you make like a pizza
Mexican Layered Dip - made it without the bowl since it was just for my family of 2. Great recipe!
Summertime Spaghetti - it was kind of pasty. I wonder if I cooked it too long. It had a good flavor, but I couldn't seem to get the veggies and chicken well mixed.
Deep Dish Peach Pie - first try was with frozen peaches, which I did not like at all. Second try was with canned peaches, which was much better!
Lemonade Shortcake cups - I made mine without the lemon curd/water mixture on the top, since I thought the lemon curd/whipped topping filling was lemony enough. Shared them with friends who loved them and thought the crust was like a shortbread cookie.

What was the difference with the peaches? Taste? Tartnes? I know with the dessert pizza (long time ago but great recipe) they have all fresh fruit but for the peaches, I put on the canned. The fresh were too hard and people didn't eat them.

i made the summer spaghetti in the round covered baker. Just my husband and I. I have tried both with wheat and regular pasta. Wheat pasta takes just a little longer, but I like the flavor better. Just a note, I reduce the amount of lemon and zest by half, otherwise lemon taste is overpowering. I also add 1 med onion chopped during the second half of the noodle cooking time. Adds flavor. I was going to try adding the 3 onion rub, but not sure when to add.

I thought the peaches had a strange taste. I suppose they could have been really tart. They were also a little crunchy.

bumping...

GFS carries the 12" tortillas They are $2.99 for 12 They also come in spinach and roasted red pepper flavor. I made the new Mexican Dip for a show last night and we also micro'd an extra shell (lightly brushed w garlic oil) and put a bruschetta type topping in that to serve. Both were huge hits and sold lots of round covered bakers.

I made the Spicy Sausage Pizza. Very easy and tasty. Tip: Watch the crusy closly in the oven, burns quickly. I may turn thr heat back to 425 like it says on dough container. maker sure sausage is chopped well, willspread easier.

I made the chicken and apricot curry and was not impressed. It wasn't very good and it used a ton of dishes for a DCB microwave meal. Not planning on it again. I made the hearty mushroom goulash and it was a hit. Very yummy.

I am looking for the oringinal recipe of the cavatappi and meatballs from pampered chef. I think it was in the 29 minutes to dinner recipe book.

Yes that recipe is amazing! Made for dinner just this week and mg family loved it. Couldn't find ground chicken so used ground turkey

1. What are some new recipes that you have tried?

Some new recipes that I have tried include the Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo, the Sheet Pan Fajitas, the One-Pot Beef Stroganoff, the Lemon Garlic Shrimp Scampi, and the Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork.

2. Are the new recipes easy to follow?

Yes, all of our new recipes are designed to be easy to follow, even for beginner cooks. We provide step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to ensure successful results every time.

3. Do the new recipes use common ingredients?

Yes, we strive to use ingredients that are easily accessible and commonly found in most kitchens. However, we also offer a variety of recipes for different dietary restrictions and preferences.

4. Are there any new recipes that are vegetarian or vegan?

Yes, we have a variety of new recipes that cater to vegetarian and vegan diets. Some examples include the Quinoa and Black Bean Chili, the Roasted Vegetable Lasagna, and the Chickpea Curry.

5. Can I adjust the serving sizes in the new recipes?

Absolutely! All of our new recipes have adjustable serving sizes, making it easy to cook for a small family or a larger group. Simply adjust the ingredient quantities accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchockeymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
CitizenChef
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
stacieka
  • babywings76