• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Recipes: Have You Tried Them Yet?

In summary, the new recipes seem good, but some people are concerned about the cost. None of them have really gotten me excited yet.
rennea
Gold Member
What does everyone think of the new recipes?? Anyone tried them yet?? None of them have really got me excited...maybe the rum cake....Has anyone figured out the cost of these recipes?? I haven't but I don't know if some of them could be made under $15.00.

Rennea

Last edited:
Has anybody tried them?? Anyone?Anyone, anyone at all??

Sorry - I haven't yet but I want to try the rum cake - I need some rum or extract first though...

I have heard that they are good though! Just need to brave the cold to get to the store.

I'd love to hear what others would recommend making first...

My friend tried the Aloha pizza in the new catalog - said it was delicious! ....doesn't look too expensive...

Cluster Meeting 2/5Every season our cluster tried the new recipes. Our meeting is Monday night. I'm making the Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle...
I'll check back Tuesday and let you know what everyone thought.:D

chefkeri said:
Every season our cluster tried the new recipes. Our meeting is Monday night. I'm making the Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle...
I'll check back Tuesday and let you know what everyone thought.:D

I was at a meeting where someones brought the Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle. She said it was almost $25! Yikes. All of the fruit is out of season. When they come in season I am sure the cost will drop. She had raspberries, strawberries and another type of berry. I figured the other ingredients should be around $12-$14.

The trifle was absolutely stunning to look at and tasted incredible!

I have already had a few request from March Host that have the catalog. I have told them we can and then the price it was a few weeks ago...and to a few $25 isn't that big of a deal.

I am thinking about bringing a fresh pound cake baked in our loaf stone. Then have her buy everthing else using the store brand. It should make her want to do it more if it isn't so pricey.

I made the Dulce de Leche Bites with my kids - they were really easy to make and tasted like wow! They also stayed crispy till the next day, if they last that long. You could make them ahead if time.

One thing I would do next time is let the caramel/cream cheese mixture cool before putting it into the EAD. It was still quite runny and oozed all over the place. Someone had to lick, oops I mean clean it up!

I would make these again, and not just because I still have lots of phyllo pastry left over.

Thanks, Linda

Last edited:
Tropical Won Tonsare fast, inexpensive, and make a lot. I have receied rave reviews about them.

Robin

The aloha pizza was delicious, as is the jerk chicken salad (I've made the kid-friendly version). Yum!

We made at our meeting last Monday...

The triffle-- this was very good, and the fresh, fruit flavor was a nice change of pace for us folk in cold Michigan
Tropicall Won Tons -- these were so tasty. My favorite
Meat Filled Pastries-- I made these and frankly, waaaaay to labor intensive, too forever. I don't eat sausage do didn't try them, but people liked them. They would show a ton of products, but it would be a long show unless you prepped alot in advance.
Jerk Chicken Salad -- Tasty. We just make the version without pasta, but I bet that way would be good.
Spicy Shrimp Cerviche Cups - Very good, very pretty.
Pan Asian Meatballs - I didn't try these.
Island Breeze Rum Cake - this was good, The consultants that made it said to make sure you drain the pineapple. The cake was very moist, maybe too moist. So drain the pineapple. But the cake was very good.

Like I said, my favorite was the won tons, which were a surprise to me. The jerk salad was good, too. You are right about the triffle being expensive to make. Could we make it frozen berries??

I really want to do this at my end of Feb show.

hmmm... I made the rum cake and didn't drain the pineapple and it was wonderful! I just added the ingredients up on that one and it was around $7, not including the "just a bit" ingredients like egg, brown sugar, oil (and the rum).

chefann said:
hmmm... I made the rum cake and didn't drain the pineapple and it was wonderful! I just added the ingredients up on that one and it was around $7, not including the "just a bit" ingredients like egg, brown sugar, oil (and the rum).

Ann, the cake is probably a YMMV kind of thing. Sara, the consultant that made it Monday night, had made another one that past weekend. The one she made Monday.. well the cake was very moist compared to the one she made the past weekend. It didn't hold up while cutting it. Looked messy. The only difference we could figure was that she had drained the pineapple on the weekend cake and not on the Monday cake.

Another thought, maybe the cake needs to "cure" a bit. We made the recipes and ate them shortly thereafter. The cake was very fresh.

Carol: YMMV? I can't figure this one out. (And as soon as someone posts it, I'll smack my forehead for not figuring it out myself.)

Figured it out myself - Your Mileage Might Vary. Now I feel silly.

I tried the Dulce de Leche Bites becuase I signed up to bring them to the cluster meeting tonight. Unfortunately, I could not find dulce de leche anywhere. Seriously. Huge Hispanic population in my area. Nothing. Nada. I substitued caramel, and it worked out okay, but too runny to put in the EAD. Just scooped it in. With the cold weather it's set up pretty well in my car.

My thoughts: I forgot how much I HATE working with phyllo dough. I'm too lazy to be that careful with it. However, they are yummy! And, my DH tells me the leftover filling is great on ice cream.

raebates said:
I tried the Dulce de Leche Bites becuase I signed up to bring them to the cluster meeting tonight. Unfortunately, I could not find dulce de leche anywhere. Seriously. Huge Hispanic population in my area. Nothing. Nada. I substitued caramel, and it worked out okay, but too runny to put in the EAD. Just scooped it in. With the cold weather it's set up pretty well in my car.

My thoughts: I forgot how much I HATE working with phyllo dough. I'm too lazy to be that careful with it. However, they are yummy! And, my DH tells me the leftover filling is great on ice cream.

Could you use the pre-made frozen phyllo cups for these?

I think you could, but it wouldn't be quite as tasty. The homemade cups are layered with a gound almond, sugar, cinnamon mixture. However, for convenience sake, I think you could sprinkle a little of the mixture in the bottom for flavor.

I was thinking the same thing about using frozen fruit in the triffle. I'll have to try it soon and I'll let you know how it goes when I do.

We also had our meeting and I absolutely LOVED the Aloha pizza!

Well, I've tried a few of the desserts in the New Season's Best and I'm not particularly thrilled....

Island Breeze Rum Cake - this wasn't hard to make and looked very impressive. But I didn't like the taste! First I left out the coconut (it just turns my stomach) and when I was making it, the rum just seemed over powering. Then it calls for the filling to have pudding & rum in it - so the bottom layer has a yellow tint - but the finish on top is just cool-whip, so the color doesn't match. I didn't like that in the final look. Anyway, I took it to a Superbowl party last night and everyone else seemed to like it, but I couldn't eat it! It was too "rummy!" I did learn how to properly cut a mango though - loved that guide in the book. And I do like the new torte pans, they are nice. I wonder if I could leave out the rum and it taste okay? Not happy with this one....

Warm Chocolate Mini Cakes - I don't want to keep bashing the recipes but not a favorite either! They were much, much, better warm. When they cooled off, they were a bit spongy. Then I would suggest really sticking the easy accent decorator into the Cupcake mixture to get the "filling" inside. I didn't plunge it down that far, and the filling baked on the outside/bottom of the cupcake. Then I really didn't like the cinnamon taste - it just didn't taste right to me. I would probably leave that out next time.

So, that's my feedback! I really don't have a desire to test the main/appetizers because of all the spicy/jerk recipes!

Joanne

I made the trifle recipe that comes with the Product Use and Care card...incredible, delicious, the kind of dessert my best friend refers to as a food-gasm.

I don't recall the name, but it's coffee flavored (cappucinno trifle?). And it is EASY EASY EASY.

Our cluster meeting is Sunday night - Im making the Spicy Shriimp Ceviche Cups - they look wonderful! I make the Shrimp Wonton Cups all the time at my shows, so this will be a nice change of pace.
Cant wait to try the Jerk Chicken Salad. We lived in the Caribbean for 3 years and we got soooo hooked on Jerk Chicken and Jerk Fish....a hint - there they mix the seasoning with orange juice till it is like a thin paste, and rub in on the meat and let it marinade. So good.

I still say all the new recipes sound Yummy! Gotta start trying them!

For superbowl I made a brownie torte with cool whip and raspberry jello filling (the powder mixed into the cool whip) and it was really good. I only used a tiny bit of the jello powder and a ton of cool whip but it was still a little too raspberryish.

I have done the following....I made the Chocolate Moch trifle recipe that came with the torte pans. YUMMY!!! However my cake pieces, even though I evenly divided the liquid and pored it over the pieces evenly, did not seem to get moist enough but it was still a fabulaous recipe.

Tonight I made the Pork Tederloin and Citrus salad for dinner and I absolutely love it!! HOWEVER I do not recommend this for a party..... way to time consumming. But it was delicious. My son liked the pork but not the salad part. So next time I will make the kid friendly version. :eek:) But I do recommend it to eat!! LOL It uses alot of tools though so maybe if you were to prep tons before the show that could work.

Anywhoo that is my humble opinion. ;O) Hope this helps you all!!

1. What are some popular new recipes for summer?

Some popular new recipes for summer include grilled chicken skewers, watermelon feta salad, and grilled peach cobbler. These dishes are perfect for outdoor gatherings and take advantage of seasonal produce.

2. Are there any new recipes for people with dietary restrictions?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a wide range of new recipes for people with dietary restrictions. From gluten-free and dairy-free options to vegetarian and vegan dishes, there are plenty of delicious and healthy recipes to choose from.

3. Can I find new recipes that use Pampered Chef products?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef creates new recipes that utilize their products in unique and innovative ways. From using the Quick Cooker to make one-pot meals to using the Food Chopper for easy meal prep, there are plenty of new recipes to try with your Pampered Chef products.

4. Where can I find reviews for new recipes?

You can find reviews for new recipes on the Pampered Chef website or by searching the recipe name on social media platforms. Many customers also share their reviews and photos on the Pampered Chef Facebook page.

5. Are there any new recipes for kids?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of new recipes that are kid-friendly and easy to make. From fun snacks like homemade granola bars to kid-approved dinners like mac and cheese muffins, there are plenty of recipes that will please even the pickiest eaters.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Jennie50
  • catlwilles
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
chefann
  • esavvymom