• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Hotel Is Everyone Staying?

the size of the beds.I'll let you know if they decide to go. We are at the Hilton, too!We are at the Hilton, too!
kimmers
Just wondering. My director booked us at the Sheraton. I am excited about it because it is close to the Navy Pier and lots of other things. Anybody else staying there?

I have no clue - I may be in a cot in someone's room Can anyone spare a corner LOL! I am registered but not airfare or hotel yet

I stayed a the palmer house last year and I am staying there again this year.

Kathytnt said:
I have no clue - I may be in a cot in someone's room Can anyone spare a corner LOL! I am registered but not airfare or hotel yet
Let me know if you end up needing a room. We might have extra space.:)

kimmers said:
Just wondering. My director booked us at the Sheraton. I am excited about it because it is close to the Navy Pier and lots of other things. Anybody else staying there?

My director booked us at the Sheraton as well...... We stayed at the Palmer House last year.. so I hope it's jsut as nice.

I've got a room at the Hilton. That's where my cluster has stayed for the last 2 years. We got a 2 Bath room! Yay!

I'll be at the Sheraton!

I'll be in the Hilton !! We stayed at Sheraton before... it's nice...
But I heard the Hilton has four beds!!! No sleeping around this year!! LOL...

It's the Hilton for us this year too!
Ann - we got a 2 bed 2 bath room too.....so excited! We will have to meet up at the hotel!

We are at the Hilton 2/2 also! (Just waiting to see if we can get in our room on SUNDAY.:eek: ) We definitely need to set a time to get together now that we have the schedule!

It's so fun to think that so many of us will be in the same place (hotel) at the same time!:D

We are in the Hilton with a 2/2 as well and will be arriving on Sunday! I am so excited!

My director got a 2/2 also at the Hilton. What is the room like?

Their rooms are pretty nice. There are 2 closets, so you can split clothes, too. The bathrooms are on opposite sides of the room. There's an ironing board and an iron in one of the closets, and a mini bar (fridge) under the TV.

For anyone who's at the Hilton- the Irish pub in the lobby is a fun place to meet. They're accustomed to loud groups of consultants, too! :D

Forgot to mention, there's a martini/cigar bar in the lobby, and a Starbuck's. There's also a Caribou Coffee within walking distance.

A few blocks North of the hotel, there's an Au Bon Pain, which is a little bakery/cafe. That's where my cluster has headed for breakfast/lunch for day 1 the past couple of years. It's a nice walk, and they have a fantastic oatmeal and fruit bar in the morning.

We are at the Hilton also.

chefann said:
Their rooms are pretty nice. There are 2 closets, so you can split clothes, too. The bathrooms are on opposite sides of the room. There's an ironing board and an iron in one of the closets, and a mini bar (fridge) under the TV.

A few blocks North of the hotel, there's an Au Bon Pain, which is a little bakery/cafe. That's where my cluster has headed for breakfast/lunch for day 1 the past couple of years. It's a nice walk, and they have a fantastic oatmeal and fruit bar in the morning.

:D

Wow, that sounds great! My director has almost always stayed at the Sheraton (& where I stayed last year-only year I've gone), so we aren't sure what to expect at the Hilton. Sounds like we'll enjoy it! Someone above mentioned that there are 4 beds in the 2/2 room. Is that true? What size beds?

We're in a 2/2 at the Hilton, too. I can't wait!

In Wave 2 - my recruiter and I are still looking for two roomies! No hotel booked...anyone have space yet?

janetupnorth said:
In Wave 2 - my recruiter and I are still looking for two roomies! No hotel booked...anyone have space yet?

Hey Janet, we reserved an extra room but 2 of my girls aren't sure if they're going yet or not. I'll let you know!!!

pamperedgirl3 said:
Wow, that sounds great! My director has almost always stayed at the Sheraton (& where I stayed last year-only year I've gone), so we aren't sure what to expect at the Hilton. Sounds like we'll enjoy it! Someone above mentioned that there are 4 beds in the 2/2 room. Is that true? What size beds?
No. There are 2 beds. I was at the Palmer Hilton last year so I am not sure about the size bed but the website says full beds. I have noticed that a lot of hotels have switched to queen now so we can only hope. The PH 2/2 rooms used to be two separate rooms and they are very spacious - not sure about the Chicago Hilton though...

Ann,
I thought the Irish Pub was in the PH?:confused: And I also remember going to an awesome breakfast place just around the corner from the hotel that had a great oatmeal bar and great breads. So who's confused? Me or you? Or do both hotels have these??

Beth, I was just looking at the Chicago Hilton on the Hilton's website, and there is an Irish Bar there. They must have them at both!

BethCooks4U said:
No. There are 2 beds. I was at the Palmer Hilton last year so I am not sure about the size bed but the website says full beds. I have noticed that a lot of hotels have switched to queen now so we can only hope. The PH 2/2 rooms used to be two separate rooms and they are very spacious - not sure about the Chicago Hilton though...

Ann,
I thought the Irish Pub was in the PH?:confused: And I also remember going to an awesome breakfast place just around the corner from the hotel that had a great oatmeal bar and great breads. So who's confused? Me or you? Or do both hotels have these??
Well, I've never been to PH, so I'll take your word for it that there's one there. Then again, it's a common-enough theme for a bar. :D

And the Au Bon Pain is probably only a couple blocks from the PH, so it's probably the same place.

BethCooks4U said:

Ann,

I just checked the Hilton's website & it looks like there are 2 double beds, but it doesn't say how big the double is. I really hope it's a queen instead of a full--I'll be 6 months pregnant then & if it's only a full, I feel sorry for whoever has to share a bed with me!

Oh--it did mention an Irish Pub, so maybe they both have them?

I just went to the website for the Palmer House Hilton and they do not have an Irish Pub so I am just confusing the two hotels maybe from another year??:confused:

The breakfast place that I was thinking of was "Corner Bakery (Palmer House)". I just looked back at my receipts from last year's conference. So I am in a different place. lol

Last edited:
Wave 3- We have rooms at the Sheraton and might have a few extra spots. We have people that are one day going, then they might not go. I'll let you know if we have extra space.

I have stayed at the Hilton and the Palmer House (two bed two bath at both). I was very disappointed the Palmer House is not a conference hotel. The room was considerably larger than those at the Hilton. However, we are going to stay at the Hilton again.

For those of you going on your first conference, the Sheraton is a much better location than the Hilton; but the Hilton as the two beds and two baths rooms.

Lisa

We stayed at the Hilton last year and the room was really nice. 2 beds & 2 baths made for a very easy time getting 4 women ready in the mornings. I am looking forward to staying at the Sheraton this year to be closer to a lot of things (Navy Pier) and not have to take a taxi. I am sooooooooooooo excited already. I wish it was time to go NOW. :)

We are staying at the Sheraton. We have stayed there lots of years. My ED banquet is at the Sheraton and makes it easy to get to the banquet and back.

I haven't heard yet where our banquet is this year. Last year it was at the Hilton. Probably find out this Wednesday at our cluster meeting.

It's possible that we may have some room in one of our two double/double rooms. I'm not 100% sure, so if anyone is interested, email me and give me a heads up so I can keep you posted. :) I'm not on here as much these days, so email is the best way to make sure I don't miss a post.:eek:

I just found out that TWO of those in my room can't come now so we have 2 openings if anyone needs a room for Sun, Mon & Tue. I have a 2 bed 2 bath at the Hilton. I really don't want to give the room up since I had SUCH a hassle getting Sunday! Emial, PM or call if you need a room.

Sheraton for me!!!

I'm in the Hilton.

Liz Otto (lizcooks4u) was having an issue with getting a room for Sunday night. If you still have room, I'm sure she'd appreciate a message.

Sheraton herealong with John Abner.
I gotta tell you all at the Palmer House, it is very nice. Never had a bad experience there at all. And you gotta check out the "Corner Bakery" I think it is on the north east corner of the building. It is open at 6 a.m. They have these really great cinnamon sugar raisen bread things cut really thin, toasted ever so slightly. They make a great "carry around" snack for conference.
And the pretzel bread is dynamite!
There's one about 5 blocks up from the Hilton as well but I think the Sheraton has one about 8 blocks away by Hotel 71. (And it's up hill, over the river, up the stairs then down and across Michigan Ave.)
Can you tell I love those places!

We stayed at the Red Roof downtown last year and are staying there this year. We got the bus driver to drop us off right at the door on the way to the Palmer house so transportation wasn't a problem. Plus, we all want to be close to Michigan Ave and shopping. Navy Pier is ok, but we like the Michigan Ave area better.

There is a cute, little neighborhood bar a few doors down, a cafe around the corner, not a bad walk from the Sheraton if you want, and the price of the rooms is very reasonable. We have 2 room suites with 1 1/2 baths, refridgerator, microwave, etc.

Related to Which Hotel Is Everyone Staying?

1. What hotel is everyone staying at?

As mentioned, the hotel for the Pampered Chef event is the Sheraton. This information was provided by your director.

2. Why was the Sheraton chosen as the hotel for the event?

The Sheraton was chosen because of its convenient location near Navy Pier and other attractions in the area. It also offers comfortable accommodations and amenities for our group.

3. Are there any special rates available for the Sheraton?

Yes, your director was able to negotiate a special group rate for our event at the Sheraton. Please contact them for more information on how to book your room at the discounted rate.

4. Can I book a room at a different hotel?

While we recommend staying at the Sheraton for convenience and to be near other attendees, you are welcome to book a room at a different hotel if you prefer. Please keep in mind that transportation to and from the event may be more difficult if you do not stay at the designated hotel.

5. Can I room with someone else who is attending the event?

Yes, you can certainly request to room with another attendee. Please let your director know and they will do their best to accommodate your request. However, please keep in mind that room assignments are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
ChefShalon
  • pckelly
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrstephens