• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Dress for My Bridesmaid Role: Clover-hued Tea-Length Dresses

In summary, the conversation is about the author's motivation to lose weight and whether they should go with the first or second dress they liked. The author says that the first dress is more flattering, but they also like the second dress.
GourmetGirl
Silver Member
So a few of us have been talking about wanting to lose weight this year and I thought I'd ask y'all's opinion on my big motivating factor -- being a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding in June (Heck the costs associated with this event should be enough motivation for me to kick my business up too!). I get to choose my own dress (as long as it is Clover in color from David's Bridal and Tea-Length) and I think I have narrowed it down to 2. I am not a small person (never have been, never will be), but have been steadily losing weight, so I should be a size 14 come wedding time. I would love your opinions on the dresses!

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii228/aspannaus/SatinTea-Length.jpg

or

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii228/aspannaus/ChiffonTea-Length.jpg

#2 is gorgeous!!I'm in the same race you are...I have my sister's wedding in August and I need to lose at least 20lbs to be happy in the dress.

They're both cute! I think #2 is my vote also though. You're brave to go for strapless! It was enough for me to wear the halter-style...
Good luck! I wish I'd have lost a little more weight for my best friend's wedding (that's where I'm at in my profile pic). And I know what you mean about the costs; my friend's was in KC which everything is more expensive there than what I"m used to here in small town USA. She was kind enough to pay for the bridesmaids' shoes, hair, jewelry, & the sash on our dress.

They are both gorgeous!

I say try them on (if they have them in stock) and go with whichever one makes you feel hot! LOL

They are both very beautiful - I agree w/ Kelly; if you can try them on, see what feels "right".

Good luck on your weight loss efforts!

Yes, I planned on losing weight for my sister's wedding too! But on her wedding day I was 6 months pregnant :eek: . We were trying for about a year and when I found out she was getting married and I was going to be the matron of honor we stopped trying. Of course that's when it happened!

I like #1. I think #2 is pretty, but #1 will be more concealing of a few extra pounds. I guess it depends on how they fit with your body type.

I like #2. But like Kelly said, TRY THEM ON! Even if in a different color. I saw a wedding dress I liked in a catalog and when I tried it on I looked HUGE! :chef:

Cindy; I feel your pain about being a pregnant bridesmaid. I had my first dd about 3 weeks after being in another friend's wedding:eek: That's a big dress, lol!

Thanks for the votes! I will definitely be trying them on soon. I wore a halter style in another friend's wedding about a year ago and looking back at pictures it was not the most flattering to my frame. I have big shoulders and it just made them look bigger! I wore strapless to my high school prom and that was definitely more flattering. Now hopefully one (or both) will look flatteringly on and will feel secure! Either one will definitely be worn with Spanx (gotta love 'em!)

I like them both, but probably favor #1. Last time I went to a wedding, I wasn't a bridesmaid, but I did have my baby 3 weeks exactly afterwards. There were only 6 pews reserved for family, and the rest had to stand, but they were nice enough to save a place for me to sit.

Personally my motivation is 2 things. One, this is most likely my last baby, and I can't use being pregnant as an excuse that I'm big. And two, I was really thinking that if I DID get to a PC incentive trip, such as Miami or Mexico, I'd have to be in a bathing suit, and I've got pretty much a year between this baby and then to get slim! I just have to get right on it.

Related to Which Dress for My Bridesmaid Role: Clover-hued Tea-Length Dresses

What is the benefit of choosing a clover-hued tea-length dress for my bridesmaid role?

Choosing a clover-hued tea-length dress for your bridesmaid role can add a touch of elegance and sophistication to your wedding. The rich green color is perfect for a spring or summer wedding, and the tea-length style is flattering on all body types.

Can I choose a different dress style for each bridesmaid in the clover-hued tea-length color?

Yes, you can absolutely choose different dress styles for each bridesmaid as long as they are all in the same clover-hued tea-length color. This allows each bridesmaid to feel comfortable and confident in their own unique dress.

Do you offer any accessories to complement the clover-hued tea-length dresses?

Yes, we offer a wide range of accessories that will perfectly complement the clover-hued tea-length dresses. From statement jewelry to elegant wraps, we have everything you need to complete the look for your bridesmaids.

What sizes do the clover-hued tea-length dresses come in?

Our clover-hued tea-length dresses come in a range of sizes, from XS to XXL. We also offer plus-size options for our bridesmaids, ensuring that everyone can find the perfect fit.

Can I order a sample of the clover-hued tea-length dress to try on before purchasing?

Unfortunately, we do not offer sample dresses for bridesmaids. However, we have a detailed size chart and measuring guide to help you choose the best size for your clover-hued tea-length dress. If you have any concerns, our customer service team is always available to assist you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
heat123
Replies
Views
kdangel518
Replies
Views