• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which baby name did I choose? Vote now!

In summary, a couple is expecting a baby girl in less than two weeks and is seeking opinions on potential baby names through a survey. The top two names are Kailee Grace and Kalani, both of which are Hawaiian and pronounced differently by different people. Some suggest alternative spellings to avoid confusion. Others share their own children's names and the meanings behind them, while one person points out a potential issue with the chosen names. The conversation ends with one person mentioning a friend who recently had a baby girl and would have named her Kai if she were a boy.
SummerG
We have just under two weeks left. We are expecting a girl (crossing my fingers they are right!). Would you like to participate in a little survey I made?

Poll: What do you think? - BabyCenter

I voted I also like the name mikayla that is my DD friends name

I voted for Kalani...haven't heard it before, but I like it alot!!

Best wishes to your growing family!
Paula

Kailie Grace

Kailee Grace

Are these both being pronounced the same? (Kay-Lee?) That is what I am assuming. I voted for Kailee Grace...the first spelling was hard to read/spell. I really like that name, and especially the middle name!

i LOVE kailee grace.

it sounds so sweet. like a baby girl should be.

KellyTheChef said:
Kailie Grace

Kailee Grace

Are these both being pronounced the same? (Kay-Lee?) That is what I am assuming. I voted for Kailee Grace...the first spelling was hard to read/spell. I really like that name, and especially the middle name!

It's funny because my parents and my aunt keep pronouncing it this way. I don't really know how to write down the pronunciation but the Kai part sounds like Eye with a K and then Lee. Make sense? Lol! :) Thanks for voting!

I know several Kaylee, Kylee and and lots of variation - and also Mykalas.....I've heard of the name Kalani - I think there was a Miss America with that name? It's more obscure - but not weird...I think it's very pretty - so that's the one I voted for!;)

SummerG said:
It's funny because my parents and my aunt keep pronouncing it this way. I don't really know how to write down the pronunciation but the Kai part sounds like Eye with a K and then Lee. Make sense? Lol! :) Thanks for voting!

My DD has a Kylie on her bus and it is spelled like I just typed. The way you spelled commonly gets pronounced Kay-lee rather than KI-lee

I voted for Kalanie, although I do like the name Kailee too.

ChefBeckyD said:
I know several Kaylee, Kylee and and lots of variation - and also Mykalas.....I've heard of the name Kalani - I think there was a Miss America with that name? It's more obscure - but not weird...I think it's very pretty - so that's the one I voted for!;)

Becky - You're killing me lately...I didn't read your post and went and voted and was thinking to myself Kalani sounds really pretty, I like that one...I know many girls with the other names...

Are you sharing my brain lately? Maybe that would explain my forgetfulness... :blushing:

SummerG said:

Maybe spell it Kiley which rhymes with Miley?

A friend of mine has a little boy named Kai (K-eye), in Hawaiian it means sea. It's a very pretty name.

When you combined "Kai" with "lee" I automatically pronounced it "Kay-lee", I think the "a" tricks me. I could also hear someone pronouncing it "Kah-lee" - like Kathy. Maybe spelling it Kylie (like Kylie Minogue), Kylee, or even Kyleigh would have people saying it right.

My favorite is Kailee Grace. If the doctors got it wrong and you have a boy you could still use the name Kai.

We named our 3 month old Kimberly Anne, but Grace and Carly were options.

Linda

We've decided on Kai as the beginning because it's Hawaiian and pronounced like Eye but with a K. It means Ocean. Although we live in San Antonio now, my Dh and I were both raised on Guam so having an island influenced name is neat to us. Kalani is also Hawaiian. We also like Kailani.

Thanks for the votes so far!!

adventurechef said:
A friend of mine has a little boy named Kai (K-eye), in Hawaiian it means sea. It's a very pretty name.

When you combined "Kai" with "lee" I automatically pronounced it "Kay-lee", I think the "a" tricks me. I could also hear someone pronouncing it "Kah-lee" - like Kathy. Maybe spelling it Kylie (like Kylie Minogue), Kylee, or even Kyleigh would have people saying it right.

My favorite is Kailee Grace. If the doctors got it wrong and you have a boy you could still use the name Kai.

We named our 3 month old Kimberly Anne, but Grace and Carly were options.

Linda
Lol-we were writing at the same time. My friend had a baby girl (Madison Noelani) in December but if it was a boy it would have been Kai. Her DH is part Hawaiian.

Paula R. Lewis said:
I voted for Kalani...haven't heard it before, but I like it alot!!

Best wishes to your growing family!
Paula
I voted for Kailie but Kailee is cute too!

My mom wanted me to name my daughter Kaiya, Kailani because her name is Lonnie and she wanted a granduaghter with part of her name in it. lol

SummerG said:
We've decided on Kai as the beginning because it's Hawaiian and pronounced like Eye but with a K. It means Ocean. Although we live in San Antonio now, my Dh and I were both raised on Guam so having an island influenced name is neat to us. Kalani is also Hawaiian. We also like Kailani.

Thanks for the votes so far!!

I voted for Mikayla, but my second choice would be Kailani... especially now that you said DH has Hawaiian ancestery.

I just remembered that I used to work with a Kai...he was super smart and drop dead gorgous! (I do believe he went on to become a doctor!)

I like the way you are pronouncing it even better than the way I was thinking...

janetupnorth said:
Becky - You're killing me lately...I didn't read your post and went and voted and was thinking to myself Kalani sounds really pretty, I like that one...I know many girls with the other names...

Are you sharing my brain lately? Maybe that would explain my forgetfulness... :blushing:

My forgetfulness is well known and documented in my family...also my inability to find things that are right in front of me....:eek:

You sound like my 4yo... I told him to help pick up toys in the family room the other night. I usually don't care how many toys are on the floor until it gest to the point that I have to literally clear a path to get to the couch or my desk. He stood in the room full of toys and said, "What mess?"

I vote for Kylie spelled like that ... but since that's not one of the options, I also like Kalani. The Kailee or Kailie will surely be mis-pronounced by everybody, including her teachers!

I voted for Kalani, SO PRETTY! I know one to many of the other names and by now you know I like different names, so Kalani it is for me :)

Related to Which baby name did I choose? Vote now!

1. Can I change my vote on the "One More Baby Name Poll..."?

Yes, you can change your vote on the "One More Baby Name Poll..." at any time before the poll closes. Simply click on the poll again and select a different option.

2. How do I share the "One More Baby Name Poll..." with others?

You can share the "One More Baby Name Poll..." by clicking on the share button and selecting the platform or method you would like to use to share the poll.

3. Can I add more options to the "One More Baby Name Poll..."?

No, once the "One More Baby Name Poll..." has been created, you cannot add more options. However, you can create a new poll with the additional options and share it with your friends and family.

4. Can I see the results of the "One More Baby Name Poll..." before it closes?

Yes, you can see the current results of the "One More Baby Name Poll..." at any time by clicking on the "View Results" button. However, please note that the results may change as more people vote.

5. How long will the "One More Baby Name Poll..." be open for voting?

The duration of the "One More Baby Name Poll..." is decided by the creator of the poll. It can range from a few hours to several days or even longer. You can check the closing date and time on the poll before casting your vote.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SummerG
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
SummerG
  • PCMomto4
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
  • Poll