• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where Do We Get Our Knives....??

In summary, Professionally sharpened? I have had 2 guests ask me where to go and I had no idea!? Usually when our knives dull out we toss them, but since our TPC forged are lifetime no need to do that!I would call the most exclusive restaurant in your town and ask the chef where he/she gets his/her knives sharpened. Then you know it's the right place. :)I know here in Ohio they have periodic knife and scissor sharpening sessions at the local JoAnn Fabric and Craft stores. I have also seen people post on CS that they go to thier local grocery stores. Hope that helps.I remember when they first came
heat123
Silver Member
Professionally sharpened? I have had 2 guests ask me where to go and I had no idea!? Usually when our knives dull out we toss them, but since our TPC forged are lifetime no need to do that!

I would call the most exclusive restaurant in your town and ask the chef where he/she gets his/her knives sharpened. Then you know it's the right place. :)

I know here in Ohio they have periodic knife and scissor sharpening sessions at the local JoAnn Fabric and Craft stores. I have also seen people post on CS that they go to thier local grocery stores. Hope that helps.

I thought about asking a butcher too but didn't have a definite answer for myself or the guests.

I remember when they first came out that HO was looking into partnering with someone about this.

ohhh, on another note OT but related to our knives.... I had a show with a host who hosted years ago and she had an awesome TPC knife block in her kitchen I wish they brought this back for the new forged cutlery!

I take my knives to Raley's (local family-owned grocery chain here in Sacramento) - they do it for free.

I was wondering the other day if we could sharpen them with the built-in sharpener on the $45.00 set of steak knifes. Does anyone know if this would
work?

heat123 said:
ohhh, on another note OT but related to our knives.... I had a show with a host who hosted years ago and she had an awesome TPC knife block in her kitchen I wish they brought this back for the new forged cutlery!
I have that set of knives with the wood block and use it EVERY day (They are probaby 15 years old!)! Those knives are awesome! Never a single problem with staying sharp or anything. Why do they (not just PC but every company) always think they have to improve on what is already great?!

Don't get me wrong, I love all the new knives but I can't replace what ain't broken.

BethCooks4U said:
I have that set of knives with the wood block and use it EVERY day (They are probaby 15 years old!)! Those knives are awesome! Never a single problem with staying sharp or anything. Why do they (not just PC but every company) always think they have to improve on what is already great?!

Don't get me wrong, I love all the new knives but I can't replace what ain't broken.
Too bad they D/C'd the set:( ! If we sell sets or pieces of sets I would think a holder would sell well with them!

BethCooks4U said:

Funny, we bring up this knife block every month or so on here.

I too am with Beth - I LOVE my knife block, mine is almost the same age. I bent the tip on my smallest knife (actually I think hubby dropped it) but other than that, they are AWESOME. Built-in sharpener for if they do dull a bit.

Heather,
JoAnn's Fabrics has a knife/scissor sharpener come to each store every three months. If you call your local store, they can tell you when the next event is. :)

Thanks Rebecca, that's good to know for myself and customers!

You're welcome! :D

Related to Where Do We Get Our Knives....??

1. Where do we get our knives from?

Our knives are sourced from high-quality manufacturers from around the world. We have a team of experts who carefully select and test each knife to ensure that it meets our standards for durability and performance.

2. Are the knives dishwasher safe?

While some of our knives may be labeled as dishwasher safe, we recommend hand washing all of our knives to extend their lifespan. The high heat and harsh chemicals in dishwashers can dull the blades and damage the handles.

3. Do you offer a warranty for your knives?

Yes, we offer a lifetime warranty on all of our knives for manufacturing defects. If you experience any issues with your knife, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

4. What type of steel are the knives made of?

Our knives are made from high-carbon stainless steel, which is known for its durability and ability to hold a sharp edge. This type of steel is also resistant to rust and corrosion, making it ideal for kitchen use.

5. Can I sharpen the knives myself or do I need to send them in?

We recommend sending your knives to a professional for sharpening, as improper sharpening can damage the blade. However, if you have experience sharpening knives, you can use our sharpening tool specifically designed for our knives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • gailz2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • esavvymom