• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where to Get Professional Cutlery Sharpening?”

In summary, you can find a professional cutlery sharpening service at most kitchen supply stores, specialty knife shops, or through a certified sharpening technician. It is recommended to have your knives professionally sharpened every 6-12 months, and there are various tools and methods available for at-home knife sharpening. The time it takes for a professional service can vary, but on average it can take 30 minutes to an hour. The cost of professional cutlery sharpening can range from $5-$10 per knife.
kaceyleigh2
This is probably a dumb question but where would I go to get my forged Cutlery professionally sharpened??

Check with your local butcher shop or the butcher/meat department of a nice grocery store.

--Jenny L

I did a google search for "Professional knife sharpening service" and this came up - looks good!

http://www.precisionknifesharpening.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=1

Otherwise, I'm sure you could go to any specialty knife shop (found in malls and strip centers) and have it professionally sharpened there. Look in the Yellow Pages for a place like that near you (someplace you can walk in instead of shipping it). HTH!

You shouldn't need to have it sharpened for about 2 years. The honing tool should keep it working well for quite a while.

I know there aren't too many around anymore, but a local mom & pop type hardware store will do it for you also.

Just make sure they know the difference between a good quality knife and a pair of gardening shears. I've had some hardware stores ruin a pair of gardening shears!

--Jenny L

Related to Where to Get Professional Cutlery Sharpening?”

1. Where can I find a professional cutlery sharpening service?

You can find a professional cutlery sharpening service at most kitchen supply stores, specialty knife shops, or through a certified sharpening technician.

2. How often should I have my knives professionally sharpened?

It is recommended to have your knives professionally sharpened every 6-12 months, depending on how frequently you use them and the type of knives you have.

3. Can I sharpen my own knives at home?

Yes, there are various tools and methods available for at-home knife sharpening. However, it is important to use proper techniques and tools to avoid damaging your knives.

4. How long does a professional cutlery sharpening service take?

The time it takes for a professional cutlery sharpening service can vary depending on the number of knives and the condition of the blades. On average, it can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.

5. How much does professional cutlery sharpening cost?

The cost of professional cutlery sharpening can vary depending on the service provider and the number of knives. On average, it can range from $5-$10 per knife.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• robotChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • cookinmama