• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When You Might Need to Cancel...

that is really no fun at all! If you can get to the shows and have help lifting,etc I say go for it. If you can't, you can't. However, if you do think you could get by with the hostess doing most of the work and the guests trying out the products themselves, I would try that. Most people are very understanding. Tell them you didn't want to cancel on your host because you know how much she was looking forward to it. You may even make some new customers for life when they see how dedicated you are!
its_me_susan
My director always tells me to wait until that day to see how I am doing. I feel bad doing that. I don't know what to do - but wanted to hear what you all do, or would do.

I have a pinched nerve in my neck which has been causing me alot of pain lately (had an MRI done today). This is why I haven't posted much - left handed typing is slow!

My hosts know and have offered to do all the lifting for me. I have my 1st double header on Saturday - 1st at noon just wants me to demo EAD - she had show 2 months ago (young drinking crowd mixed with parents, nice but about $200 sales). she wants new demo every 2 months or so - short so these are fun.

Next party has 16 confirmed, expecting 20 - VERY fun crowd but wants to see alot of the new stuff and will help me carry. I had been looking forward to these shows, but if they were tonight i would be cancelling. Would you warn your host? Cancel/reschedule now? wait and see how you feel that day?

Oh yuck!
Is there anyone (like your director) that will help you get through this?
Will it help to sit down and do the show? Maybe have others do the trying out of the products and you instruct and talk?

Hope you are out of pain soon!

Kris

Oh man!That is a tough one. I would hate to pass either one of those up. If you can't, you can't. However, if you do think you could get by with the hostess doing most of the work and the guests trying out the products themselves, I would try that. Most people are very understanding. Tell them you didn't want to cancel on your host because you know how much she was looking forward to it. You may even make some new customers for life when they see how dedicated you are!

jenniferlynne said:
That is a tough one. I would hate to pass either one of those up. If you can't, you can't. However, if you do think you could get by with the hostess doing most of the work and the guests trying out the products themselves, I would try that. Most people are very understanding. Tell them you didn't want to cancel on your host because you know how much she was looking forward to it. You may even make some new customers for life when they see how dedicated you are!

My last show i did that - everyone had to help me stir because it hurt (I'm right handed). I do have a recruit I could ask, but have a feeling one host wants ME there.

Think i should warn them or wait and see how i am? i don't want to upset them - would love to do them, they are close too.

Sorry to hear about your pinched nerve, Susan. No fun at all! If you can get to the shows and have help lifting,etc I say go for it. I'm sure mostly everyone will understand and be glad that you made the effort to do the shows.

Use it as a recruiting tool and get some "chefs in training" to come early and help with the prep and the show and see how easy it is and how they like it. Ask the hosts to each ask about 4 people to do this...you never know!

cmdtrgd said:
Use it as a recruiting tool and get some "chefs in training" to come early and help with the prep and the show and see how easy it is and how they like it. Ask the hosts to each ask about 4 people to do this...you never know!

Kate--that's a great idea. Susan if you do this you'll have to let us know how it worked out for you!

Do you have someone you can bring with you as your assistant? Maybe one of your newest recruits or a family member? I had surgery just before Xmas and had a hostess who INSISTED she get an early January date. I really like her and her crowd so I couldn''t say no. She insisted she'd do all the lifting and stuff...but I know for a non-cheffer it's difficult. I brought my step-dad along...he is also a Pampered Chef -- so he knew the recipes, which tool to reach for, etc...and he hadned me things, lifted things...did the chopping and stuff I couldn't manage...and the show was great - $1000+ in sales, several bookings and a recruit!

That was great Carolyn to have someone who knew the routine to help you out!

I am sorry to hear that you pinched a nerve, I did somethign to my right ankle a few weeks ago, I could barley walk more less stand..... I was just in luck I work with my hostess, so she already knew that I was in a lot of pain, she had her sons help me carry in my kit, and she gave me a bar stool to sit on so I didn't have to stand unnessarily.... it helped a little .. I did have to stand for a little bit to walk around to get things set up... but I did a non cooking demo that show and I had a show that was over $700.00 !!!

I agree. If you can get there and someone will be doing the lifting -- go for it. Do an interactive show, have the host and guest make the recipe and you just walk them through it. It sounds like at least one of your hosts is a frequent cheffer and most likely her guests are also, so they will know the products and know what to grab for.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

My first cooking show was on a Friday, Wed and Thurs I had the worst Migraines of my life. My Mom loves Pampered Chef and was done working when it was time to go and I asked her to drive me, when I scheduled the show I told her if she wanted to attend that was fine and she was afraid she'd make me nervous, then I decided I didn't want her constructive criticism, but since I was just coming off the Migraines and was heavily doped up I sure didn't want to pass on my first show, so she drove and my show ended up being a GREAT interactive show and it was $ 700.00 with multiple bookings too. I considered playing a game, then decided against it, but the hostess had told everyone a game would be played and they were Pysched so we played the S/S Queen of Shopper's and it was a sure hit!!!! My Director doesn't play games and can't wait to play at her shows now too. THANKS TO EVERYONE HERE FOR ALL THE POSIVES AND ENCOURAGMENTS AND IDEAS, AND...AND...AND....GO FOR IT!!! HAVE FUN AND YOU'LL DO GREAT AND SHOULD HELP YOU TO FEEL WAY BETTER SOON TOO.! :)
LIZ

cmdtrgd said:

Wow that is such a great idea!!! Ok thinking. I hear about my MRI results today - will make decision then.

Good luck w/ the results Susan.. for the MRI and your shows. I agree to have an interactive show. People are very understanding and by them using the tools themselves it might boost your sales!

That is a tough one!!!

For me I would probally give the host warning, and let her know that it would be a last minute cancelation. And offer a couple of ideas.

You could see if they are comfortable with you "calling in" to talk about products and answer questions over the phone if your not up to it the day of the show.

I also love Kate's idea. Go early have your hosts help with set up and prep work. ( make arrangements on your next call) Then do nothing more then call on volunteers to "demo" and talk about the products. You can always just let your guests know you are not feeling 100% that day.

Are you ready for the update? I was all packed and EXCITED to do these shows last night... really my hosts were pumped to be extra helpful and each has a GOOD sized crowd (10 at one to decorate a skillet cake) and 20+ at the other (menu the chicken in the roaster!)....

I woke up this morning at 3am in excruciating pain and feeling panicked. I emailed everyone on my team plus everyone who has seriously considered PC this email:

Subject: Want to earn about $300 today? and Help me?

First comes first serve - My bags are all packed for you to use..., packets made all you have to do is do the shows. I am having spine issues (more about that later). I really wanted to do these fun shows but don't think I am up to it now (was up all early morning in pain). If you are inactive or new - just come with me and I'll do the shows and give you ALL the bookings plus a piece of stoneware of your choice from me!

Both in West Hartford, and early (be there 1-1:30ish to start at 2).

Show #1 is on Whitehill Dr (right near Bishop's corner), Has a BRIDAL registry opportunity!! Host only wants you to show them how to use the easy accent decorator!!! Make a cake in our family skillet (cake mix already mixed), flip onto her pizza stone. Use EAD with frosting to decorate, egg plus slicer with strawberries, you are done! No shpeel on PC needed - she
does regular shows and we focus on the show recipe aspect. Will have about
10 guests plus extras who might want to watch too. Should take about 90
minutes from start to finish.

Show #2 - is on Robin Rd (off of Fern St). FUN party of 20 confirmed. I
was going to make a chicken in her microwave in the new deep dish baker (sooooo good and easy). Rinse it, put it in baker, sprinkle with McCormick Rotissary Chicken seasoning & microwave for 30 minutes. DONE! sooo good!). Party starts at 5pm, you will be out by 7:30 latest!!! Possible recruit potential there too - I would help you sign/train.

Also - - If you are interested I have 2 fundraisers (private school in Bloomfield and one in a Synagogue - both safe areas) in October I'm not going to be able to do now. I need to focus on catalog/web sales for a few
months. I might have other shows to give you.

If you are receiving this and you aren't a consultant, this is a huge opportunity to join and get qualified (and start your business off to a STRONG start using people you don't know (not relying on friends or family)!

Please call or email me right away. 651-6608 or 916-7752. It's 6:45am & ok
to call now.

Susan

----------------
THEN my daughter woke up covered (head to toe) in hives. That did it - we went to the dr, and i called my hosts. And.... dropped off the products and catalogs.... THE HOSTS are doing the demos - - calling me for tips/stores if they want. I gave them each pep talks. Host #2 had an extra chicken so while we set up we prepped a chicken and nuked it - - they LOVED it!!! Now are all set to show their guests. They were so nice and understanding (i would have gone if it were just me, but can't leave my sick sweetie... need to keep an eye on her). I told both to give guests an additional 10% off the glazed stones and 10% off ALL stones 9including new baker) on me for the inconvenience.

THANK YOU for the idea to give my hosts the courage to do this!!! I don't think I have any recruits. but you NEVER know!!!

Susan :)

Last edited:
O, I feel for you Susan. Hope you get better soon, my father has been going through problems with his back for about 3 years now from work and they haven't done much for him and my youngest gets a little upset with him sometimes when he can't pick him up. I wouldn't even begin to imagine being able to do all that mixing and chopping and stuff with such pain. Hope your dd gets better soon also. And hope you come out with strong sales from these hosts, heck maybe you can get them to sign since they are doing the demos themselves, lol.

jdavis said:
O, I feel for you Susan. Hope you get better soon, my father has been going through problems with his back for about 3 years now from work and they haven't done much for him and my youngest gets a little upset with him sometimes when he can't pick him up. I wouldn't even begin to imagine being able to do all that mixing and chopping and stuff with such pain. Hope your dd gets better soon also. And hope you come out with strong sales from these hosts, heck maybe you can get them to sign since they are doing the demos themselves, lol.

Thanks Jennifer! We are doing better. Staying home was the right decision. I am dying to know how the shows did!!! will post an update.

Glad to hear that you made the right decision and that your hosts were doing the shows for you!!!!!!!! At the very least you'll be able to keep your commission and sales, bookings,etc unless you get some recruiting hostesses today! Hope your daughter is better too knowing that her mommy was with her!

I can't wait for your update.

jdavis said:
I can't wait for your update.

That show closed at over $1000!!!! I have 3 bookings from it - 1 serious recruit and 2 interested but not admitting yet that they are (just lots of questions). :)

I see the neurosurgeon today (soon!)

Was that show #1 or show #2 Susan? Congrats either way. I hope you get those 3 recruited.

Keep us updated on your dr's visit, will be thinking of you.

WoW!Hope you are feeling better soon---- and it sounds like you were meant to NOT do the shows---- recruit leads you maybe wouldn't have had otherwise? GREAT JOB!

Glad to hear that it worked out so well for you Susan!

How did your appointment go yesterday?

pamperedharriet said:
Glad to hear that it worked out so well for you Susan!

How did your appointment go yesterday?

Thanks for asking! The good news is I don't need surgery, but can expect 6-10 weeks of continued acute pain while we try to calm my muscles effected by the contact with my spine. So.. I'm a tad bit woozy from muscle relaxants! lol. I need to just do one "thing" a day for a while (until told otherwise).

How this effects my PC-ing: I'm still shooting for level 2 and directorhood bt the end of Dec. But I think I am going to make my PC business more of a hobby. I just gave away a fundraiser I had for next month. I'm going to try to do all the parties I have booked for the next few months, but stress catalog/webs more. My husband will pack me, my hosts will load me up, my guests will do the chopping & stirring.

I am just looking forward to being the old me soon. I'm also grateful it's not anything worse.

:)

I'm glad you don't need surgery Susan! You never know, maybe having the guests doing chopping and stirring will boost your sales!! Good luck and I hope you feel better sooner than 6-10 weeks!

Related to When You Might Need to Cancel...

What is the cancellation policy for Pampered Chef events?

Pampered Chef events can be cancelled up to 24 hours before the scheduled date for a full refund.

What if I need to cancel my Pampered Chef order?

If you need to cancel your Pampered Chef order, please contact your consultant or our customer service team as soon as possible. Depending on the status of your order, we may be able to cancel it and issue a refund.

Can I reschedule a Pampered Chef event?

Yes, you can reschedule a Pampered Chef event with your consultant at least 24 hours before the original scheduled date. If it is less than 24 hours before the event, it may not be possible to reschedule.

What happens if I cancel my Pampered Chef event less than 24 hours before the scheduled date?

If you cancel your Pampered Chef event less than 24 hours before the scheduled date, you may not be eligible for a refund. However, depending on the circumstances, you may be able to reschedule the event with your consultant.

Can I cancel a Pampered Chef event that I am hosting?

Yes, you can cancel a Pampered Chef event that you are hosting. However, please note that if you cancel less than 24 hours before the scheduled date, you may be responsible for any costs incurred by your consultant, such as food or supplies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • k1tchng0ddess
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies