• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

3Rd Cancellation This Month !!!

In summary, Sue is upset because another hostess for her upcoming conference canceled. She has 4 scheduled shows, but all but 1 have been canceled, leaving her with a month of disappointment. She is optimistic, however, because she has one show left in August and is already in contact with potential guests.
mrssyvo
I am ticked right now, I just got an E-mail that another hostess for this month canceled. I had been waiting for her guest list, to get her invitations sent before conference, and instead of the list, she sends me an E-mail that she will not be doing the show, she can not find anyone interested in coming. I had 4 shows scheduled, which is low for me as it is, and now all but 1 have canceled. I am a bit miffed, to say the least, and I do not want to go to conference bummed out. I will be on the phone today, again, trying to fill these dates, but no one is interested until Fall. I do have 7 shows for August already, but that does not help my July.

good luck! hopefully you will get some shows for July before you go to conference!

I hear ya, Sue! I've had several cancel. And that ones that do hold have had low attendance and sales.

I can't wait til August as I also have 7 or 8 scheduled.

Well keep your head up. I have one in July and one in Aug.

I know what you are talking about also. I have only one catty show and one cooking show this month and the cooking show is Sunday and she still hasn't gotten me her list!
I called her and she wants to call everyone. I told myself I don't usually do this, but with only have 2 shows on my calendar for the month, what choice do I have!:mad:

August is looking a little better, hope it stays that way!
And yes, I alot of the ones I have called want to wait to Sept too.

Kelly V.

I totally feel your pain - that is how my June went and how most of my July ha sbeen going. Thankfully I have one big FR but that's not going to help me for bookings as it is out of state. I have one host in late July who gace me a guest list of over 50 and said "I only gave you names of my friends who already told me they were interested..." so she is already expecting a very high turnout. I pray for some solid booknigs from her show and the few others I have scheduled for July.

Good for you, getting on the phone today! That never say quit attitude will get you through! have you thought about doing your own show once your back from conference? You could send out invites with two dates to friends, family and past hosts. Have an ice cream social and emphasize on the fun everyone will have. ALso, once you're back from conference your attitude is going to be infectious! We get all this great info and training there. You will be so pumped and invigorated and hopefully that could save your July as well as set your AUgust the rest of the way and part of your fall.
Good luck!

I had one of my July shows postpone to August. I was bummed, but now realized the new date works better for me! She's my only August right now though. But I do have a huge list of people to call--I'm waiting until I get back from conference so I can call all excited!

I have only had that one show cancel this summer, but the others have mostly been lower attendance & lower sales. But my July with 3 shows this year is better than my July with zero shows last year!

Hang in there & good luck with your calls!

I hear ya too! I had two cancel in June (out of 3), and another one (out of 3) cancel this month. The show I had on Sunday had only 1 guest (the host's mother). I do have 3 cattys going on, but don't have a lot of confidence with them either. 2 of them are out of state. Uugghh! I need leads. I have 1 show booked for August. Every time I start looking at my contact list to do phone calls, I start the pre-judging thing, and not ending up making any calls!!!! I need Conference to give me a boost!!

SuzieQ, I chuckled when I read your name, because my oldest friend calls me that, and I just spoke to her on the phone a few minutes ago (she is also my fashion consultant, and I was consulting about wardrobe for conference) and told her about another show canceling, and she made me feel so much better, We decided that since that show canceled, we will go on a girl's weekend, and get pumped up for the Fall season. I like the idea of having a show of my own when I get back from conference, but I am afraid I will not be able to keep my mouth shut about the upcoming season.

Hang in there Sue!

This summer has sucked for a lot of us - remember I had about 6 cancellations for June and I'm hoping that my shows after conference will hold - but last year they all cancelled on me too...

At least you have a solid August booked - right now I only have one solid date and am trying to get one or two other people to commit to dates. But that's it. I've been making calls the last couple days but am mostly getting answering machines. I am not giving up, but I don't think I'm going to end up with the amount of shows I want/need to stay on track for my goals...

Just enjoy this month and conference and I'm sure things will turn around for you in August!

mrssyvo said:
I am ticked right now, I just got an E-mail that another hostess for this month canceled. I had been waiting for her guest list, to get her invitations sent before conference, and instead of the list, she sends me an E-mail that she will not be doing the show, she can not find anyone interested in coming. I had 4 shows scheduled, which is low for me as it is, and now all but 1 have canceled. I am a bit miffed, to say the least, and I do not want to go to conference bummed out. I will be on the phone today, again, trying to fill these dates, but no one is interested until Fall. I do have 7 shows for August already, but that does not help my July.

I hear you and feel your pain!!! I to have had ROTTEN June/July. I think the hard thing is last year my sales were so much better and this June/July are TERRIBLE!!! People just do not want to comit to a show any more. "To busy"
"No time" "Not interested"

What do we do to get the fire back? I know go to conference. Can't when I can't afford it. And still that doesn't put the people on my calander. You know? Ok enough, I will just say I hear you and feel your pain also. I will continue to pray!
Take Care.
Schel

Summer generally are like that ~ sorry no encouraging words here. With vacations, "outdoor weather," graduations, weddings, all that...folks don't want to do or go to PC parties. Let it be a leason learned for next year. If you want to hold 4 shows, book 10...I know that counds crazy, but you really need to overbook in the summer to get through things like this.

On the other hand, I rather have hosts call and cancel than:
1) never return my calls
2) never return emails
3) show up at her party and no one came

I guess I look at your situation as a blessing...I'm not chasing her with phone calls, emails and I didn't waste my time preping, driving, etc.

Instead she's given you time to get on the phone and book it. At this point, I would offer a free party to the first person booking it. You provide the ingredents and paper goods...it's amazing what people will do for a free show!

Good luck!

Sorry about your cancellations - I think you're in the same boat as a lot of us. I had 4 booked for this month (my usual), now I have just two, and I'm trying to eek out a catalog show as well. Everyone wants the knives in Aug., so I'm getting a lot of bites on Aug., but that doesn't help my July, either!!

I always try to turn my cancellations into at least a catalog show, if they don't re-book, so that may be worth a try. If they really wanted the salad spinner, you could offer to do a catalog show in their mom's or a friend's name, then book her re-booked show in her name, so "mom" (or whomever) can get that month's host special, as well. Sometimes they go for that little "extra" - hope that helps!!

Don't keep your mouth quiet after you return from conference! You WANT to make them feel your excitement! Just focus on the super fantastic products we have for the remainder of the summer season, let them know that some of our wonderful products are soon going to be gone so they need to get them while they are still available, and tease them with the super fantastic can't wait to get my hands on the New Fall Products! Your positive recharged attitude will rub off on your guests!
I hope your July comes around. Again, good luck on the phone calls today!
I had the same thing happen the past two weeks out of 6 shows only 1 held. Thank goodness I did the others rescheduled or into a catalog show. One is this Saturday nite before I leave for conference. I hope I have time to pack!

Thank you all for your encouragement. This is why I love chefsuccess so much. It truly is a vitrual cluster, and everyone is so ready with great advice and encouragement. I am putting together a catalog show right now, and I am also contacting 2 of my past hostesses who have had large totals of outside orders, and see if they will do catalog shows for July.If they do, I will pay for their hostess specials. They both work in large offices, and it is easy for them, so they might agree.

Kitchen2u said:
On the other hand, I rather have hosts call and cancel than:
1) never return my calls
2) never return emails
3) show up at her party and no one came

I guess I look at your situation as a blessing...I'm not chasing her with phone calls, emails and I didn't waste my time preping, driving, etc.

Instead she's given you time to get on the phone and book it. At this point, I would offer a free party to the first person booking it. You provide the ingredents and paper goods...it's amazing what people will do for a free show!

Good luck!

I hear ya on that, Ginny! I HATE feeling like I'm chasing down hosts. I left messages for the remainder of my MIA July hosts and all my August hosts to confirm their shows, asking them to CALL ME if they need to cancel or reschedule. It gives them an out and gives them permission to cancel. I need the shows to reach my goals, so I'd rather do that then do a show that was thrown together at the last minute with little effort (and therefore fewer guests and lower sales).

Related to 3Rd Cancellation This Month !!!

1. Why is it important to limit cancellations?

Limiting cancellations is important because it helps us maintain accurate inventory and ensures that other customers have access to the products they want. It also helps us plan and prepare for future orders.

2. What happens if I cancel my order?

If you cancel your order, the items will be returned to our inventory and may be purchased by other customers. You may also be subject to a cancellation fee, depending on the reason for the cancellation.

3. Can I cancel my order more than 3 times in a month?

We understand that unexpected circumstances can arise, but we do ask that customers limit their cancellations to no more than 3 times in a month. This helps us maintain a high level of customer service and ensures that all customers have access to the products they want.

4. Is there a limit to how many times I can cancel my order?

We do not have a specific limit on the number of times you can cancel your order, but we do ask that you try to limit your cancellations to no more than 3 times in a month. If you have extenuating circumstances, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

5. What if I need to cancel my order due to a product being out of stock?

If a product is out of stock and you need to cancel your order as a result, there will be no cancellation fee. However, we do ask that you notify us as soon as possible so we can make the necessary adjustments and assist you with finding an alternative product if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • AmaraJ
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
cookin to the top
Replies