• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When Kiwis Meet the Mandoline...

In summary, the mandoline can be used to slice kiwis with the skin on, but it is recommended to remove the skin for a smoother slicing experience. To clean the mandoline after slicing kiwis, disassemble the parts and wash them with warm soapy water. The mandoline can also be used for other fruits such as apples, pears, and tomatoes, but may not work well with fruits that have pits or very hard skins. When used properly and with caution, the mandoline is safe to use for slicing kiwis. It is important to always use the safety guard and handle the mandoline carefully to avoid accidents.
dwyerkim
Is the result good? I am trying to figure out how to squeeze the mandoline into my show tomorrow and would like to slice kiwis with the crinkle blade. Has anyone tried this, will it work or will they shred?

I haven't tried kiwis, but I would think that you would want to use the V blade since they are a soft fruit like tomatoes.

Unless they are sort of firm I don't think I'd go there.

i think you'd end up with mush

I concur with the above opinions. Anything that's soft enough to cut with the egg slicer will turn into a mushy mess in the Mandoline.

Ok, thanks for the opinions. I have some extra limes (10 for $1!) so I'll just bring one of those to demo the mandoline--and then I can set it out for people to try the knives on too.

I tried ripe kiwis on the mandoline. Mushy mess. They have to be firm.I showed off all the cuts on the mandoline with a zucchini and then threw the crinkled cut zuchinni at people. One when into a friends drink. Pretty good huh?

heatherkiss said:
I tried ripe kiwis on the mandoline. Mushy mess. They have to be firm.

I showed off all the cuts on the mandoline with a zucchini and then threw the crinkled cut zuchinni at people. One when into a friends drink. Pretty good huh?

:p too funny

Related to When Kiwis Meet the Mandoline...

1. How do I properly use the mandoline to slice kiwis?

To slice kiwis using a mandoline, first make sure the blade is sharp and securely attached. Then, hold the kiwi firmly and run it over the blade in a back and forth motion. Adjust the thickness of the slices by adjusting the mandoline's settings.

2. Can the mandoline be used to slice kiwis with the skin on?

Yes, the mandoline can be used to slice kiwis with the skin on. However, it is recommended to remove the skin for a smoother slicing experience.

3. How do I clean the mandoline after slicing kiwis?

To clean the mandoline after slicing kiwis, disassemble the parts and wash them with warm soapy water. Use a brush to remove any stuck kiwi pieces. Dry the parts thoroughly before storing.

4. Can the mandoline be used for other fruits besides kiwis?

Yes, the mandoline can be used for a variety of fruits including apples, pears, and even softer fruits like tomatoes. However, it may not work well with fruits that have pits or very hard skins.

5. Is the mandoline safe to use for slicing kiwis?

When used properly and with caution, the mandoline is safe to use for slicing kiwis. However, it is important to always use the safety guard and handle the mandoline carefully to avoid any accidents.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DessertDivaFL
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
  • andrealynne719
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • kam