• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why is my Ultimate Mandoline Squeaking?

In summary, to stop your Ultimate Mandoline from squeaking, make sure it is completely dry and clean the parts with warm soapy water before reassembling. Do not use oil or lubricant on the mandoline as it can be dangerous and harmful if ingested. If the squeaking persists, check for loose or misaligned parts and contact customer service if needed. The mandoline is not dishwasher safe, so it is recommended to hand wash and regularly maintain after each use for optimal performance.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
anyone else experience a wretched squeaking sound when using the mandoline..it has happenned to me on the V-shape blade last night when i tried doing a nice firm cold tomato..it was a joke!

HORRIBLE..sounded like a cat being killed!

Then i tried a cucumber and a different blade..but i'm still not sold on this product..and would DIE if it made that awful sound at a show!

I haven't had that happen with mine. I love my mandoline!! Have you watched the tutorial online on CC? That way you can make sure you're using it correctly?

yeah..i watched the video..And i read several threads here on it.. I'm not giving up on the product, but think it would be super stressful to demo it tomorrow at my FIRST show :>

Oh yeah!! Definitely don't do it at your first show!:eek: Get some more practice in with it before you demo it.:D

Hi there! I'm so sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with the mandoline. I can assure you that this is not a common issue and I would be happy to help troubleshoot and find a solution for you. It's possible that the blade may need to be adjusted or sharpened. Have you tried reaching out to our customer service team for assistance? They are always available to help with any product concerns. In the meantime, I would suggest using a gentler touch and making sure the blade is properly aligned for the best results. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you.

1. How do I stop my Ultimate Mandoline from squeaking?

The squeaking noise is often caused by food particles or debris getting stuck in the blade or hinge mechanism. To fix this, first make sure the mandoline is completely dry. Then, disassemble the parts and clean them thoroughly with warm soapy water. Dry them completely before reassembling and using again. This should eliminate any squeaking noises.

2. Can I use oil or lubricant to stop the squeaking?

No, we do not recommend using any oil or lubricant on the Ultimate Mandoline. The blades are extremely sharp and could become slippery, making it dangerous to use. Additionally, any oil or lubricant may come into contact with food, which can be harmful if ingested.

3. My mandoline is still squeaking after cleaning, what should I do?

If the squeaking persists after cleaning, it could be due to a loose or misaligned part. Check all the screws and make sure they are tightened properly. If the issue continues, please contact our customer service for further assistance.

4. Can I put my Ultimate Mandoline in the dishwasher?

The Ultimate Mandoline is not dishwasher safe. It is recommended to hand wash the parts with warm soapy water and dry thoroughly before reassembling and using again.

5. How often should I clean and maintain my Ultimate Mandoline?

It is recommended to clean the mandoline after each use to prevent any food particles or debris from building up and causing squeaking or other issues. It is also important to regularly check and tighten any screws to ensure the mandoline is functioning properly. With proper maintenance, your Ultimate Mandoline can last for years to come.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jross93
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jross93
  • koima
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • cwinter474