• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Excuses: How to Get a Straight Answer When Booking Shows

I bought her book and took the plunge and ordered a series of her audio's. I guarantee if you make the investment, your return will double or triple!
Rosechef
I get people that seem all excited when I first talk to them. They give me their number and then when I call, suddenly this month's not a good time, that's not a good time, yada yada yada. I wish people would just say no they don't want to do it. I'd rather hear that then go through my calendar trying to come up with dates and hearing that's not good or whatever. Sheesh....I wish they would just be honest and say I don't want to have a show, rather than have me waste my time.

After about the third or fourth "that's not good." I get the hint. It's a little discouraging though.

I would suggest that you find someone you can borrow Tammy Stanley's CDs from. She has a lot of great advice for people struggling with just this issue. She also has some great insight into what goes on in the mind of a person from "Wow! That sounds like so much fun," to "Gee, this isn't a good month."

Tammy Stanley ALL the way!!!!

Thanks Ladies. I'll check it out later, after kids go to school and I get back from doc's appt. I have a dreaded sinus infection and feel like someone inserted a brick into my brain.

I checked out Tammy Stanley site. I would like to listen to some of her CD's but they are so expensive. Does anyone know of how to get used CD's of hers?
Katie

I suggest you read her book Carpe Phonum! I remember feeling just like you less than a month ago. I made lots of calls to the point I didn't even want to pick up the phone anymore because I was feeling rejected. I changed my script, read Tammy's Book (I have the CD's too but the book really spoke to me) and I'm taking the Step up your business class and trying to be consistent with my 3 contacts a day. So far I have booked 2 parties off my same leads that I called approx 3 months ago. When they say no I ask for permission to e-mail or regular mail them a recipe. This has really changed my attitude because if they say no to the party they usually say yes to the recipe and it makes me feel good because I feel I am able to offer them something. I also got no not this month but then they gave a definite month. I was actually able to tentatively book one lady in Jan.I will say this though. For me the phone never gets easier - every day I have to deliberately make myself do the calls!Hope this helps.jj16

jj16 thanks for the advice about the book. Did the CD's help you too? If you are done with them would you be interested in selling them? I would like to buy some of her CD's used if I can. Take care and thanks for all the advice. You are super!
Katie

I attended Tammy's workshop at conference and bought the book. Loved it. I then took the plunge and ordered a series of her audio's. I guarantee if you make the investment, your return will double or triple! In my 18 years of p.c. business I've listended to a lot of audio's on direct sales. She really does give you not only the words to use at your shows, phone calls... but she gives explains why those words work. Very down to earth but also gives you the right amount of kick in the ***to get you motivated.

Karen

LOVE Carpe Phonum I have HUGE phine phobias and this booked helped ALOT!

I'm listening to her CDs too. I think if you can set aside some money from each show- you can make it happen...but it will definitely pay for itself! I think finding used CDs are tough because people don't want to get rid of them! :D She also gives you 'playbooks' and sample scripts in PDF forms that you can download when you've purchased her CDs.But at least try to get the book! Put her advice into practice. Sign up for her weekly e-zine, read the articles on her website, listen to the free audio from her e-zine and from the post above. Those things are either free, or very cheap (book). Get some shows going from what you learn, and then save to buy the CDs.

Karen Weber said:
I attended Tammy's workshop at conference and bought the book. Loved it. I then took the plunge and ordered a series of her audio's. I guarantee if you make the investment, your return will double or triple! In my 18 years of p.c. business I've listended to a lot of audio's on direct sales. She really does give you not only the words to use at your shows, phone calls... but she gives explains why those words work. Very down to earth but also gives you the right amount of kick in the ***to get you motivated.

Karen

I have also been looking for used CD's of hers or someone that would rent them to me for 2 weeks or a month.

With that said, if I can only start small, is there an order that you would suggest we start buying them. Maybe the ones with the most impact? I am thinking the one about leaving messages would be good but am not sure where to start. Any suggestions?

I borrowed and am reading the Carpe Phonum book and now I am in the Step Up program. Wish me luck!

1. What is "When I Call" and how does it work?

When I Call is a feature on our website that allows you to schedule a personalized consultation with a Pampered Chef consultant. Simply fill out the form with your contact information and preferred time, and a consultant will reach out to you for a one-on-one session to answer any questions and help you find the perfect products for your needs.

2. Is there a cost for using the "When I Call" feature?

No, the "When I Call" feature is completely free of charge. It is just another way for us to provide personalized and convenient service to our customers.

3. Can I schedule a "When I Call" session outside of business hours?

Yes, you can schedule a session for a time that is most convenient for you. Our consultants are available to schedule sessions during evenings and weekends as well.

4. Will my "When I Call" session be in person or over the phone?

The "When I Call" sessions can be either in person or over the phone, depending on your preference and location. Our consultants are happy to work with you to find the best option for your needs.

5. Can I use the "When I Call" feature if I am not located in the United States?

At this time, the "When I Call" feature is only available for customers located in the United States. However, we are continuously working to expand our services to other countries in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• caitynsmom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
sherri lynn
  • Hunter Mom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies