• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When Hosts Don't Want to Switch....

In summary, a friend of the host's decided to become a consultant and was feeling torn because she loved having the host as her consultant but also wanted to work with new recruit. The host encourged her to work with the new recruit and told her that she would still be her consultant.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I have a wonderful past host, who has become a friend, and she has been a great boost for my business. I have several repeat hosts, and now 2 recruits that stem from her hosting. (I've tried to recruit her on an ongoing basis - but she just wants to host.)

This week, a friend of hers decided to become a consultant. She was at the show, and booked a show. However, the next day she emailed me to let me know that she was feeling torn, because she hated to not have me as her consultant. I emailed her back, and thanked her for helping her friend get started, and told her that she wouldn't get rid of me that easily, and that I would stay in contact with her and keep her on my email list. (she LOVES the outlet - just placed another $60 order yesterday!)

This is the email I received back:

....Keep me on your list. B/c that bummed me out last night. I am happy Terri decided to do this, but I am in a tough spot. I have always had you. But she is a friend and Triston and John are friends. Or I do a show for her this time and next spring I do one from you and I would book off of Kerri for March or something. My mom even said, you have always had Becky. We will wait to see how she does after September. My Gram would more than likely book off of me, to help me....

(Kerri is another friend of hers that already has a Nov. show booked with me.)

So, I am just feeling a bit torn myself. Do I encourage her to take her business to my new recruit - who I really want to be successful? Or do I let her know that I am still her consultant? Those of you who have done a bit of recruiting.....what do you do?

That is tough! Very sweet how loyal they are to you though:) I'll be interested to see what some "seasoned" recruiters have to say!

Ooh- that's a tough one. It is, ultimately, the customer's decision who they want to work with. And you're not trying to take her away from your recruit.Here's what I'd do: let her know that she always has a choice whether she wants to work with you or Terri, but Terri would sure appreciate a seasoned host helping her get her business started by booking a show. After that show, she can choose who she wants to work with, even on a show by show basis.

I would encourage her to help the new recruit and tell her that by supporting her she is also still helping you. I'd also tell her that you are still there for her and that it's ultimately up to her who she books with. Some people do book one time with one friend and another time with the other so she may be most comfortable with that.

I have come up against this as well- When a hostess signs, I encourage her friends, who have been good customers and hostesses of mine as well, to support their friend, and book shows, etc. I remind them that I am still connected, and will ensure that their new consultant will receive the training to make them great as well, but let them know, that if for some reason the new recruit decides that the business is not for them, they will comedirectly back to me.
The tough situation has been when I signed my step-daughter, my MIL has been loyal to me, and the "granddaughter" teases me, that maybe she will decide to support her granddaughter- I tell her that she needs ot get her own customers. It is all teasing good fun, but a running joke.

1. What should I do if my host doesn't want to switch to a different date for their party?

If your host is unable to switch to a different date, you can still offer them the option of hosting a virtual party. This allows them to still earn free products and rewards without having to physically host a party.

2. Can I offer my host any incentives to switch to a different date?

Yes, you can offer your host additional free products or discounts as an incentive to switch to a different date. This can also help to make them more excited about hosting the party.

3. How can I communicate with my host about switching to a different date?

It's best to have an open and honest conversation with your host about the reasons for needing to switch dates and how it will benefit them. You can also offer to help them with any tasks related to hosting the party on the new date.

4. What if my host is not available on any other dates?

In this situation, you can suggest having a catalog or online party instead. This allows your host to still earn rewards and share products with their friends and family, even if they are unable to physically host a party.

5. Is it possible to switch the date of the party after invitations have already been sent out?

While it may be more difficult to switch the date after invitations have been sent out, it is still possible. You can work with your host to send out updated invitations or utilize social media and email to inform guests of the new date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • MaryannNic