• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Whats Your Favorite Home Party to Go To?

In summary, the objection is that this career is not 'real'. The professionals that the poster lists as top consultants are all those who have chosen this career. The poster points out that the Pampered Chef was ranked the nation's favorite and most-recognized "Gadgets and Cutlery Brand" in a survey. The poster also notes that the Pampered Chef was a Warren Buffet company. These comments suggest that the career is viable and respectable.
DebPC
Staff member
There are so many now and seem to be more everyday!
I was just at a Wildtree Party. Like Tastefully Simple but no MSG etc.

Body Shop At Home is my favorite to go to :) A friend of mine is a consultant and we have a wonderful time pampering ourselves every time we go to her shows.

I LOVE To attend the Body Shop at Home parties to soak my feet. As for hosting (b/c the Body shop doesn't have a great host program) I love to host partylite parties. Love candles and you get a ton through their program.

I still think Pampered Chef is the best for hosting AND attending though. Who doesn't love to eat?

I've never heard of that one- sounds nice!

A new objection for me...I think for some of us, after a while, there aren't too many objections that we hear about joining PC that we haven't heard before. I got one yesterday though and it stumped me. Of course, later in the evening, I thought of a couple of things I could have said!

How would you respond to this objection?

"I would totally do this but I don't want to be known as a 'home party' lady. I just can't get past that stigma..."

WOW! :rolleyes:

I would have her watch the Your Life Your Way DVD and, if you have it, read the Empowering Woman Magazine.

Point out all the professionals that are now top consultants in our company, such as Don Funt and Nancy Jo Ryan. Hey, I bet none of them are upset to carry the title of "home party lady" with their six figure checks.

Well said, Beth!

I did give her the DVD so hopefully that will inspire something in her! :)

The whole stigma thing drives me nuts; it's such a matter of misconceptions.

I refuse to apologize to anyone for my career choice. When I meet fellow professionals and introduce myself as a Director for The Pampered Chef, I almost always add, "it's my business, not my hobby." It's a subtle, but straight-forward way to address misconceptions right up front.

I left a six-figure (barely) career to become a 'pampered chef lady' and still have some former collegues who can't grasp why (uh, no more 60-80 work weeks, tolerating petty politics, or being limited by someone else's restrictions.) My own DH struggled a lot with my decision, feeling it was 'beneath me' (and was too embarrassed at first to tell his family:rolleyes:.) He no longer feels that way...but it was an early eye opener for me. It took a lot of heart to hearts for him to realize this is about being successful (and happy) my way. (Now, thank goodness, he is the first to talk up my business. :love0010:)

I've learned to routinely slip into my conversations comments that reinforce how viable (and therefore 'respectable') an opportunity this is:
- The Pampered Chef is a Warren Buffet company. (Anyone who follows stocks knows how selective he is about acquisitions.)
- The Food Network is the best thing that ever happened to us...now more and more people are looking for serious quality kitchen tools.
- The Pampered Chef was ranked the nation's favorite and most-recognized "Gadgets and Cutlery Brand" in a survey conducted last year by the home furnishings industry's leading publication. Our tools and cutlery outranked the KitchenAid, Cuisinart and Martha Stewart brands. (I know that's a mouthfull, but say it enough times, and it rolls out.)
- I love representing a company that actually honors it's warranties...no wonder it has such a great reputation for customer service.
- etc, etc, etc

Our company was founded in part to provide self-employment opportunities for women at a time when there weren't a lot of options available, especially for stay at home moms. It's no longer operated out of a basement and employs all demographics, but our products are still only available via consultants. It's a successful business model that has served the company (and our customers/hosts) well.

Sorry to have turned this into a personal vent :eek:, but here's my answer to your original question Colleen. Tell her the only stigma associated with being a 'home party lady' is the one we allow others to mistakenly put on us.

That was awesome Leggy! THANKS!!!!!!

Has anyone had or gone to an at home tea party (with a consultant)? I can't remember the name of it but I came across one a few weeks ago online. I emailed them telling them I wanted a consultant to contact me and I haven't heard anything:grumpy:

oh well.

I like Pure Romance Parties. Just so fun! It probably helps that my friend is a consultant. And, of course, Pampered Chef. YUM

Jo-la-la said:
Has anyone had or gone to an at home tea party (with a consultant)? I can't remember the name of it but I came across one a few weeks ago online. I emailed them telling them I wanted a consultant to contact me and I haven't heard anything:grumpy:

oh well.

I like Pure Romance Parties. Just so fun! It probably helps that my friend is a consultant. And, of course, Pampered Chef. YUM

How funny. My friend just had a tea party. Her mom is a consultant here in Cali. I wasn't able to make it, but it seemed pretty interesting. I think the website to it was tealightfultreasures.com.

Christ Follower said:
How funny. My friend just had a tea party. Her mom is a consultant here in Cali. I wasn't able to make it, but it seemed pretty interesting. I think the website to it was tealightfultreasures.com.

oooh, Thanks Ellen, I might have to check that out.
I am a tea JUNKIE! :cheerleader: YAY T E A!

Sorry, ya'll can have the thread back now...

Related to Whats Your Favorite Home Party to Go To?

What is the most popular home party to go to?

The most popular home party to go to with Pampered Chef is our cooking show party. This is where our consultants demonstrate our products and guests get to taste delicious recipes.

What makes the cooking show party special?

The cooking show party is special because it allows guests to see our products in action and experience the quality and convenience for themselves. Plus, who doesn't love trying new recipes and getting cooking tips?

Can I host a home party if I'm not a great cook?

Absolutely! Our cooking show parties are not about being a great cook, but rather about having fun and learning new kitchen techniques. Our consultants are there to guide and assist you every step of the way.

Are there other types of home parties besides the cooking show?

Yes, we also offer product parties where guests can browse and purchase our products, as well as theme parties such as holiday parties or bridal showers. Our consultants can work with you to customize the perfect party for your needs.

How can I become a host for a Pampered Chef home party?

You can become a host by reaching out to one of our consultants and scheduling a date for your party. Our consultants will then work with you to plan and prepare for your party, making it a stress-free and enjoyable experience for you and your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ElieQ
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Kevin Ranoldo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies