• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Advice on This, Never Done a Fundraiser Before

In summary, the girl is trying to raise money for a medical mission trip and is looking for feedback from those in the know about fundraising. She is hoping to do it as a real party or cooking show where people can order products, and she will get 20% of the sales. She is worried about how her family will react to her doing this, and if she can get the money in time.
babywings76
Gold Member
I just received this e-mail:

I wanted to know if you would be interested in doing a fundraiser book party/real party for me?? My husband and I are trying to raise funds for a medical missions trip to Guatemala. The problem is that we leave on July 7th so I am looking to do this within the next few weeks – My plan is to promote on FB for people to order online – then have a party on either June 21st or June 25th where people can come to my home and look at products, eat some food that I prepare (maybe a PC recipe), and order products. No official/typical party. I am planning on having Thirty-One, Tastefully Simple, Scensty, (still looking for a jewelry person and possibly a Uppercase Living person)
How exactly do you handle fundraisers for people? I would not necessarily be looking to get any free products, if that makes sense.

I'm inclined to just do this as a cooking show, not an official fundraiser, and then pay her 20% of my commission. Do you know when I need to have it submitted by in order to be able to have the money in my account to pay her? Is this possible?

Do I need to disclose to her the real PC fundraiser option and how checks can't be made out to an individual, so the way we can help her is by doing it as a cooking show and I'd give her 20% of the sales from my commission check? Just wondering what I should tell her. Should I caution her about doing it as a multi-vendor thing or just go with it?

Bumping...Do to the short notice from this girl and the time frame she's working with, I'm hoping to get some feedback from you guys. :D Pretty, please? :)

I would find out if there is an organization that the check could go to. Then it could be a real fundraiser but 20% is nicer for her. I would definitely caution over doing it w multiple vendors. I would try to get it as a real cooking show just as pc to maximize her money raised. Maybe ask what she gets from the other fundraisers and hopefully the 20% would be better.

Since she's not interested in the benefits, you could make it a regular show as you said, giving her a % of your commission, then use the host benefits as incentives for people to purchase products. Similar to a Mystery Host Party. Something like:
place an order=1 chance
$50 order=1 chance ($100=2,etc)
bring a friend=1 chance
book a show=2 chances
etc.
Then determine what your division of benefits will be. Perhaps:
4 free product winners (divide according to total)
1/2 price winners (according to total)
60% off winner
10% off for a year & free shipping winner (since it'd have to be under this person's name to get the year discount

If her trip is the 7th, you really would have needed the June 22nd pay, because the next is July 8th. So that means submitting June 15th for pay on the 22nd.....by the 30th to get paid July 8th.
Maybe she would be ok with getting the money after she returns (ie, if she is using a credit card in some way?? Then she has the actual money when she returns and can pay the cc invoice.)If it was a regular fundraiser, would she get the funds in time anyway? How fast to funds get sent? (asked to someone who knows)I like the idea of the regular show and use the benefits like a mystery host (keep something for yourself though, if you are giving away your commission).

I'm not sure what to do now. My family isn't supportive of me doing this. Especially if I have to give away my commission. The time and stress of it all when I've got a lot of other things going on might be too much for me to handle. (I'm organizing a huge party for my church and I'm also getting ready to have a major surgery at the end of the month.)What to do, what to say to her.... :(

I just did a fundraiser and received the check two days after the products were received, so they are pretty quick with the sending of the check.

I ended up offering her 15%. She's doing it as an open house on the 21st. She lives the next town over, so I offered to have it shipped to me and I'll sort and bag it all up. I'll put it in as a cooking show and pay her when I submit it. I have enough in my account (saving up for my iPad) to float her till my commission arrives. She's invited a lot of other companies, so we'll see what happens. Beats sitting at home wishing I had a show or new people to contact. ;) Hopefully, though, this will be enough for a show so she can get something from it. And I'm hoping to get new contacts and maybe some bookings. I forgot to offer to her the $3 per booking. Think I should mention that now or just skip it?

babywings76 said:
I ended up offering her 15%. She's doing it as an open house on the 21st. She lives the next town over, so I offered to have it shipped to me and I'll sort and bag it all up. I'll put it in as a cooking show and pay her when I submit it. I have enough in my account (saving up for my iPad) to float her till my commission arrives. She's invited a lot of other companies, so we'll see what happens. Beats sitting at home wishing I had a show or new people to contact. ;) Hopefully, though, this will be enough for a show so she can get something from it. And I'm hoping to get new contacts and maybe some bookings. I forgot to offer to her the $3 per booking. Think I should mention that now or just skip it?

I would mention the booking benefit. Especially since this is a multi-vendor event I would also offer something extra for bookings. The bookings is how you make your money with fundraisers. I offer $25 extra to the organization for every booking on top of what PC gives. They get the $25 when the booked show is submitted and it must be at least $300 commissionable.

Guess what? Just got an online order for $120! So at least I know it'll be a qualifying show, as I'm sure she'll get more orders!

Not great. It was enough for a show, but not that much over it. She had other DS people there, and only about 4 people came through. She had bought so much food to serve, too. But she said she ended up, between all the companies represented there, earning enough to cover the cost of her trip. So I was happy for her. She was very nice and friendly, it's just too bad more of her friends didn't come or order to help support her.

1. How do I get started with a fundraiser?

To get started with a fundraiser, you first need to decide what type of fundraiser you want to do. Then, you can reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant to discuss your options and set a date. Your consultant will guide you through the process and provide you with all the necessary materials and resources to make your fundraiser a success.

2. What are the benefits of hosting a fundraiser with Pampered Chef?

Hosting a fundraiser with Pampered Chef not only supports a great cause, but it also allows you to earn free and discounted products. In addition, Pampered Chef fundraisers are easy to set up, and our products are known for their high quality and appeal, making them a popular choice for fundraisers.

3. How much money can I expect to raise with a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

The amount of money you can raise with a Pampered Chef fundraiser depends on various factors, such as the type of fundraiser, the number of participants, and the effort put into promoting the event. On average, our fundraisers can raise anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars.

4. Do I need to be a Pampered Chef consultant to host a fundraiser?

No, you do not need to be a Pampered Chef consultant to host a fundraiser. However, having a consultant to guide you through the process can be helpful. If you do not have a consultant, you can reach out to a consultant in your area to assist you with your fundraiser.

5. What type of products can I offer for my fundraiser?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of high-quality kitchen tools and cookware that are perfect for fundraisers. You can choose from our popular items such as stoneware, cookware, knives, and kitchen gadgets. Your Pampered Chef consultant can help you select the best products to offer for your fundraiser based on your target audience and fundraising goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • ChefNelson
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • PCTE2010
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies