• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Your Experience with a Personal Weather Station (PWS)?

In summary, the conversation discussed the benefits of having a PWS (personal website) for a business, particularly for a Pampered Chef consultant. The participants shared their positive experiences with their PWS, mentioning that it is worth the small investment and helps to promote orders and recruit new customers. They also discussed the importance of promoting the PWS and using it as a tool to reach out to hosts and customers. Some participants mentioned that they have received a significant amount of orders through their PWS and have found it to be a valuable asset for their business. Some tips for maximizing the use of PWS included including the PWS address on all correspondence and not including an email address, as well as using it as a platform for promoting sales and offers

How well does you PWS work for you?

• I won't try that again! It wasn't worth the money!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Carissidy
I am thinking about getting a PWS and was looking for some feedback. How well does your PWS work for you?

I really like the website. I don't get a lot of individual orders from it yet, but I'm new to PC, and so there aren't a lot of people that know about it- other than those that have been to my shows. I need to advertise it more, but I feel it is worth the money. When I did mortgages for a large banking company I had to pay $100 just to get my PWS set up and $50.00 per month to run it- the PC pws is well worth the small investment! :)

thanks for the feed back!

I get a lot of people that order on-line for shows, and maybe once or twice a month I'll get individual orders. I sent an e-mail to all my contacts today letting them know about the outlet, and got 3 orders

Carissidy said:
thanks for the feed back!

Oh, you are most welcome! :) I do wish we had more styles, or themes to choose from, but all in all I do really like having it. It works well for outside orders from shows- and it is a good recruiting tool. There is the option of paying for 6 months only- you should know by then if you like it and want to keep it, and then you'll only be out about $50.00 I believe.

HTH and let us know what you decide. :)

I like mine, it's worth it. I waited until I was 5 months into PC to get one and wish I had done it sooner. It helps to get your name out there!

Kitchen Diva said:
Oh, you are most welcome! :) I do wish we had more styles, or themes to choose from, but all in all I do really like having it. It works well for outside orders from shows- and it is a good recruiting tool. There is the option of paying for 6 months only- you should know by then if you like it and want to keep it, and then you'll only be out about $50.00 I believe.

HTH and let us know what you decide. :)
I am thinking I am going to give it a shot... I would like it ready for my Mystery Host Catalog show in January. I think it could be beneficial.

It will work for you if and only if you PROMOTE it and host coach your hosts to use it and tell their guests about it.

Also, I mail out my invites for the host, so I print a little blurb on the bottom that says "Not able to attend? Visit www.blahblah... and place an order for Suzie's show!" This seems to get a few orders for each show, which pretty much pays for the PWS!

thats the key to a successful PWS.... sell it, mention it, and advertise it.

I love having one. I can't say I get lots of orders, but I've definitely gotten more than enough to pay for it. Plus, it allows me to look more professional to business people, which is always a plus.

I love mine. It does take some time to start getting people to it, but they will come! I also put a blurb on the invites about ordering under the host's name. I probably average 1-2 orders a show. This month alone I have already gotten $345 in online individual orders! I mention the outlet in my newsletter (& this month sent out a separate email about it), have the website on all my paperwork that goes out to customers & update it frequently. I definitely think it's worth it! I can't wait to become a director so I can get HO leads on top of it!

Up until this month i would have said it was not worth it after 1 1/2 yrs of it but with the great outlet sales this month i have had 139 worth of orders placed. Without them I woul dnot be hitting the $1,500 level this month.

the key to the PWS is getting your hosts to use it. I have hosts who send out the email invites and get lots of orders that way.I haven't gotten tons of individual orders from my regular customers (the sales leads I get as a director are another story--$500 this month alone!) but they have increased over time as I meet more people.One thing I do is I NEVER put my email address on anything. I only put my PWS address and phone number on all my correspondence and catalogs and stuff. I can be contacted via my website. :)

One thing I do is I NEVER put my email address on anything. I only put my PWS address and phone number on all my correspondence and catalogs and stuff. I can be contacted via my website.

Hey, great minds think alike! I figured out about 6 months ago that my name, phone and website is all that is needed on stickers for all my catalogs, recipe cards that I hand out at vendor booths, etc.
- they need to know my name
- they need a phone number if they don't have web access
- if they have web access, the contact link is on my PWS

Now, I used to design websites back in the day and it really irks me that I can't change some things, but I realize PC wants (and needs) to present a uniform image on websites.

It has already paid for itself this year.

To any new people reading this, don't get a website until you are qualified. Read the fine print.

And if you're a USA director and don't have a PWS, that's just silly, because directors get home office leads.

kspry said:
Hey, great minds think alike! I figured out about 6 months ago that my name, phone and website is all that is needed on stickers for all my catalogs, recipe cards that I hand out at vendor booths, etc.
- they need to know my name
- they need a phone number if they don't have web access
- if they have web access, the contact link is on my PWS

Now, I used to design websites back in the day and it really irks me that I can't change some things, but I realize PC wants (and needs) to present a uniform image on websites.

It has already paid for itself this year.

To any new people reading this, don't get a website until you are qualified. Read the fine print.

And if you're a USA director and don't have a PWS, that's just silly, because directors get home office leads.

I know of a director who doesn't have a PWS...but I don't think she is going to be a director for much longer.

I like mine. Once I got about $300 in orders from unknown people. That was great. It's been a while though... I do like sending people to "my website" it sounds like I've got it going on . :)

I know of a director who doesn't have a PWS...but I don't think she is going to be a director for much longer.

Mmm, too bad that it's not MY director...she canceled our Dec meeting because only one person could make it. OK, I"ll go take my off-topic director-bashing elsewhere.
I honestly think her website keeps her in her directorship. Rats!

raebates said:
I love having one. I can't say I get lots of orders, but I've definitely gotten more than enough to pay for it. Plus, it allows me to look more professional to business people, which is always a plus.
I would think your pretty little manicured toes would be reason enough for business people to want to do business with you. :) That is if that picture of those sassy feet are yours... :D

Those are Rae's toes. In slippers that match her "post slut" t-shirt. (Long story.)

PWS are well worth the $$ spent. I use them for all my shows, and encourage hosts to send the e-invites....I average $100 in sales online for shows that use it.

Also, when you become a Director you have to love the leads!! I had a $304 order from one HO lead, and have a total of $750 in PWS orders (leads and my own customers) this month alone.

Don't wait....give it as a gift to yourself! For less than $10 (2 trips to Starbucks) it won't dissapoint -- as long as you keep it updated and use it to the max!

Related to What's Your Experience with a Personal Weather Station (PWS)?

What is a Personal Weather Station (PWS)?

A Personal Weather Station (PWS) is a device that collects and records weather data from a specific location. It typically includes sensors for temperature, humidity, wind speed and direction, rainfall, and barometric pressure.

Why should I invest in a Personal Weather Station?

A Personal Weather Station allows you to track and monitor weather conditions in your specific location, providing accurate and real-time data. This can be useful for planning outdoor activities, gardening, and even monitoring potential severe weather events.

How accurate are Personal Weather Stations?

The accuracy of a Personal Weather Station depends on the quality and maintenance of the device. High-quality PWS systems can provide accurate readings within a few degrees or percentage points, while lower-quality systems may have larger variances.

Do I need to have technical knowledge to set up and use a Personal Weather Station?

Most Personal Weather Stations come with user-friendly instructions and are relatively easy to set up and use. However, some basic understanding of weather and technology may be helpful in interpreting the data and troubleshooting any issues that may arise.

Can I access my Personal Weather Station data remotely?

Many Personal Weather Stations come with online platforms or mobile apps that allow you to access and view your weather data remotely. This can be especially useful for monitoring weather conditions while away from home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Mommy2amo