1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Fundraiser What's the key to success?

1. amy07

amy07 Senior Member

Ok, every time that I think that I have lined up a potentially good fundraiser they end up tanking!:cry::cry:I mean, they have the members, the chairperson is behind it, but the sales are NEVER there!
    I'm coaching as best as I can, and when we do the kick-offs everyone seems excited. I've offered incentives and such, but still no luck!

So, before I throw in the towel on doing fundraisers as a part of my business, WHAT is the key to having them do well?? I know, I know, it's kind of like shows -some are going to be great and others, well, you just walk away. BUT it seems like I spend a lot of time trying to chase these members down AND I am out of supplies (unlike shows, where I can get them back).

Apr 28, 2009
  2. amy07

amy07 Senior Member

bump.....

ok, so I am back from the "cooking class" for another fundraiser. One whopping order of $45. Not even the chairperson had orders.:grumpy::grumpy: I agreed to give them another week, because what the heck, it can't get worse right?

This particular FR was for a girl scout troop in a low-income area, but still.......the parents work. They said that they "felt guilty for asking people to purchase in this economy, especially after just doing the cookies". Uh yeah, cause in bad times everyone should eat cookies right?:rolleyes:

what are your tips?

Apr 30, 2009
  3. AnnieBee

AnnieBee Veteran Member Gold Member

I only have two thoughts. The people who are doing the "selling" have to be completely on board. Excited about the funds raised and believing in the products they are selling. And secondly, they need to take ownership, and not assume that anyone else is going to do it, so they don't need to try too hard. If you don't already throw in some of your commision, you might need to think about that (assuming it is a cause you believe in), so they feel they are really going to benefit from it...

I'm not sure how to make that happen. Maybe explain to the chair that those two things are necessary, and they should make sure everyone is REALLY on board, not just the chair. Make the point that if 40 people get only $50 in orders each, that it can add up fast...

I can see the point about not doing it right after another fundraiser. It's too bad they didn't think of that first...

My only fundraiser was (I think a success). It was about $1150 in comm sales, and it was for my own very small church. I think everyone was really excited about the opportunity, because we have no extra money in our budget for kitchen stuff, and because we are small everyone took ownership, no-one assumed that the next person would do it...

Apr 30, 2009
Have something to add?