• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's in the Box? A Mix-Up with My Pampered Chef Order?

In summary, the Measuring Spoons, Spreaders, Kids Measuring Cups and Kids Recipe Cards from the outlet were ordered, but no products were received. The packing slip showed there were two sets of the KMCs and 10 of the Kids recipe cards, but when the items were received there were only spreaders and measuring spoons. The Solution Center told the caller that was a first. Somebody was daydreaming when they ordered the huge boxes of small items. The boxes are being reused, but the packing waste is becoming a problem. The main line is carrying smaller boxes and changeover kits are packed elsewhere. There is a whole thread on the manufacturing reasons for some of the decisions.
Chef Endora
Gold Member
:rolleyes: I ordered from the Measuring Spoons, Spreaders, Kids Measuring Cups and Kids Recipe Cards from the outlet.

Saturday, I received a box approx size 18 X 12 X 6 inches. In it was a HUGE
wad of paper and a bag with 6 MS & 4 Spreaders.

Yesterday, I received another box of the same size. All it contained was another HUGE wad of paper and the packing slip! :eek: No Products!

The packing slip said ther was 2 sets of the KMCs & 10 of the Kids recipe cards.

So, I call the Solution Center. The rep had a hard time containing hersef and finally busted out laughing. She said that was a first for her.

Somebody was daydreaming...

I don't understand why they must waste all those huge boxes on such little items, You'd think they would wise up and order some smaller size boxes. All I can say is REUSE the boxes and the brown paper----I def. try to!

Or buy some padded envelopes!

I think she is really referring to the empty box, but the packing waste is so much lately!

lol yeah i got the huge box and all that was in it was spreaders and measuring spoons....then i called to have them ship the rest of my outlet order which was 3 sets each of the kids stuff, and they sent me another HUGE box and all but one of the things i ordered....so i called them AGAIN and now i am waiting to see what type of package my last item comes in...LOL

I also received my outlet order, so I thought. It was a huge box with 10 measuring spoons and nothing else. I had to call to have my kid's stuff sent.

Last edited:
I am in charge of ordering toner for my company and I have fits about the way some of the companies ship it to us. One of them uses a BIG box for every 2 toner cartridges and then fills it with packing material to pad the empy space. It makes me crazy. We have another that does it great - they just take 6 or 8 boxes, take them all together with packing tape and ship it out. I love it. Toner cartridges are already padded in their own boxes. There's no need to double pad them!!!!

(disclaimer - sorry for standing on my soapbox and ranting but I really feel very strong about this!)

I'm waiting on my kids stuff... wonder if I"ll have to call too.. I'm supposed to get a box today so I'll wait and see what's in it....they have added a few box sizes haven't they? I thought I saw something about it.. it's just easier for them to use the standard boxes then to try to match box sizes.. that would cut into shipping times.

I was actually impressed about 2 months ago i had to order invites...nothing else. it came in a padded envelope. i was so impressed that they didnt waste a big box with filler.

I have a customer who has her things delivered here. She ordered the kist measuring cups, cutters and cards (a few of each). They came today in a huge box too. We are not very green when we are wasting all that resource (cardboard and packing paper) and those large boxes must be more expensive to ship too!

Like I said in another thread - they must have a bunch of new people they're training - maybe to get ready for the fall season and the holiday rush.

Well what about the size box that they sent our paperwork changeover kit in?

They promote the bamboo collection as grass, therefore like they are being "green" but waste so much in packaging. I just don't understand the logic.

I'm glad our town has recycling. The brown paper comes in handy for basket filler.

It seems like it's mostly the Kid stuff that's been missing.

There's another post around here somewhere....a lot of people didn't get their kids' items from the outlet. I called HO and they sent them to me Tuesday. Of course those 3 tiny little items came in a big #4 box.

Chef Endora said:
Well what about the size box that they sent our paperwork changeover kit in?

They promote the bamboo collection as grass, therefore like they are being "green" but waste so much in packaging. I just don't understand the logic.

I'm glad our town has recycling. The brown paper comes in handy for basket filler.

It seems like it's mostly the Kid stuff that's been missing.

Only certain size boxes are set to travel the main line and through everything. Changeover kits are packed elsewhere.

There is a whole thread on the manufacturing reasons for some of the decisions. A lot of time it does not cost more. Only if you go above a certain dimensional weight do you get charged more, otherwise overall package weight is what matters. Kraft paper is light.

My DD used the brown packing paper as palm tree trunks for VBS this summer! Everyone thought they were cool! I got my 150 mini-catalogs, new sales receipts, and my trivet today and there was little "wasted space"! Maybe they are listening! I'll see how it is when we order the Outlet items tomorrow!

Related to What's in the Box? A Mix-Up with My Pampered Chef Order?

What is "Has This Ever Happened to You?"

"Has This Ever Happened to You?" is a series of cooking demonstrations and parties hosted by Pampered Chef consultants. These events showcase our products and allow guests to try out our tools and recipes.

How can I attend a "Has This Ever Happened to You?" event?

To attend a "Has This Ever Happened to You?" event, you can either host a party with a consultant or attend one as a guest. You can also check our website or social media pages for upcoming events in your area.

Are there any costs associated with attending a "Has This Ever Happened to You?" event?

No, there are no costs to attend a "Has This Ever Happened to You?" event. However, if you choose to make a purchase at the event, there may be a cost for the products you choose to buy.

Can I earn rewards or discounts by attending a "Has This Ever Happened to You?" event?

Yes, as a host of a "Has This Ever Happened to You?" event, you can earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your party. As a guest, you may also receive special offers or discounts from the consultant hosting the event.

Do I need to know how to cook to attend a "Has This Ever Happened to You?" event?

No, you do not need to know how to cook to attend a "Has This Ever Happened to You?" event. Our consultants will guide you through the recipes and demonstrate how to use our products. It's a fun and educational experience for all skill levels!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• elizabethfox
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
elizabethfox
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
  • Carol Waggoner
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies