• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Cooking Tonight with Blueberry Peach Oatmeal Crisp?

In summary, a member of a recipe of the day club shares a Blueberry Peach Oatmeal Crisp recipe with other members. Some members plan on making it, while others have different dinner plans, such as going out to eat or cooking pork chops. One member is working at a Polish festival and another is attending a wedding in Baltimore. Another member is having pizza for dinner, and one member goes to a pub and enjoys a veggie sandwich while their partner has shepards pie.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Sorry Rennea, I wanted to steal the chance to start this thread so people don't think I've fallen off the face of the earth. :)

I belong to a recipe of the day "club" and wanted to share this one with you guys. I think tonight we'll be eating out. Not sure... Have a good day everyone!

Recipe of the Day:

Blueberry Peach Oatmeal Crisp
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 40 min.

2 lbs. peach slices, thawed if frozen
1 lb. blueberries
2 Tbs. lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
4 cups nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt

Nutritional Info.
Calories: 239 Protein: 4.2g
Fat: 5.1g Cholesterol: 10mg
Calories From Fat: 18% Dietary Fiber: 3.3g
click for full details >>

Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine peaches, blueberries, lemon juice, sugar, nutmeg, and half the cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. Combine oats, remaining cinnamon, flour and sugar in another bowl. Mix thoroughly in a bowl or food processor. Add butter and cut in until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle over peach mixture. Bake 40 minutes until top is lightly browned. Serve with frozen yogurt.

This recipe serves 12 people. Due to the nature of this recipe, it adjusts the number of servings in multiples of 12 only.

Oooooooo! That is a great recipe! Must make this! Must! Must! Peaches are in season right now so everyone should make this. Can't we have a scratch 'n sniff page?

I'm working a festival all weekend, so I have no idea what I'm eating today. (I'm supposed to be packing right now...)

Good Luck with your Festival..... What kind and how long will it be???

It's a Polish festival. Gotta be set up by 5 pm today, and the craft/vendor area runs 6-9, noon-9 Saturday and noon to 8 Sunday. The festival itself goes until 11:30 tonight and tomorrow, and 9 on Sunday. I'm dreading it a little because we're not even in a tent - we have to take our own canopy, tables and chairs (so what are we paying the fee for?). It's supposed to be really hot this weekend, with a chance of thundershowers.

Kasey--we're off to Baltimore for a wedding tomorrow. We're dining out tonight at The James Joyce Pub, have you been? We're excited about it!

Tomorrow the wedding is at Lord Baltimore Radisson!

I can't wait!!

I have hamsteaks in the fridge that have to be cooked tonight.. So probably throw them on the grill and have grilled potatoes or baked

homemade beef enchiladas, chile rellenos, tortilla soup, chips & queso & drunken beans

I just bought some "bathtub peaches" from the countryfresh market up the street so I am going to try this recipe~ yummy!!
I think we are ordering out tonight, either Chinese, wings or pizza. I have been having a hankering for some wings so that is what I am thinking. Playgroup was cancelled b/c themom who was having the playgroup/ birthday party for her son got sick :( We are going to the park instead, but now I have all these lemon bars to myself, guess I'll have to eat them :) there goes another day of dieting./COLOR]

It was suppose to have been stuffed pork chops, with cornbread and veggies, but pregnancy cravings took over and I now want filet mignon and a baked potato, so we are off to the club on base. My stomach is growling as I type this. lol

We are having pizza tonight.

Date night tonight, DH turn to plan, so I do not know what we are having, he will be suprising me.

Chicken Parmasean, Roasted Carrots

we are having pork chops... with a sauce made of apple slices, onions, and brn. sugar... it is great!! Probably some corn on the cob with it.

Its pizza night tonight and Domino's has the dark Knight pizza that's all peperoni and my kids think it's cool that it comes in a black box!

Just poppin on for a few, but the Pub we went to (mentioned above) the James Joyce Pub, Baltimore, Maryland in Baltimore was awesome, I highly recommend it. Very affordable---DH had a day from _ell and I could tell---I suggested he get a cigar, which he knows I do not like when he smokes them. He was super happy with his chocolate coffee cigar he got there.

I had a delish veggie sandwich piled high with roasted red peppers, avocado, fresh mozzerella, garlic aioli, lettuce and tomato, with homemade potato chips.

Dennis had homemade shepards pie (I joked, "I'll have to call you Dr. Shepard" like on Grey's Anatomy) He didnt think I was funny! ;)

Having a great time here!

1. What is the featured recipe for "What's for Dinner ?- July 11Th"?

The featured recipe for "What's for Dinner ?- July 11Th" is Grilled Lemon Garlic Shrimp Skewers. It is a light and flavorful dish perfect for summer nights.

2. Are there any vegetarian options for "What's for Dinner ?- July 11Th"?

Yes, there is a delicious vegetarian option for "What's for Dinner ?- July 11Th". It is a Balsamic Glazed Portobello Mushroom Burger with Avocado and Arugula. It's a great option for vegetarians or anyone looking for a meat-free meal.

3. Can I make any substitutions for the ingredients in the featured recipe?

Absolutely! Our recipes are meant to be customizable and we encourage you to make substitutions based on your preferences and dietary restrictions. For example, if you don't eat seafood, you can replace the shrimp in the featured recipe with chicken or tofu.

4. How long does it take to prepare the featured recipe for "What's for Dinner ?- July 11Th"?

The featured recipe for "What's for Dinner ?- July 11Th" takes approximately 30 minutes to prepare. This includes marinating time for the shrimp. It's a quick and easy meal that is perfect for busy weeknights.

5. Can I find the full recipe and instructions for the featured dish on the Pampered Chef website?

Yes, all of our featured recipes for "What's for Dinner ?- July 11Th" can be found on our website. Simply search for the dish by name or browse through our recipe section. You can also find additional tips and variations for each recipe on our website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • DebPC