• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Will Happen to My Job After the Relocation?

In summary, the finance department is relocating and everyone received severance packages and information on how to handle the situation.
chefkristin
Gold Member
I am not sure what to do from here. I went to work this morning and over 200 of us got called into a meeting. Everyone was told to cancel any meeting or training or whatever they had scheduled for that time. We were told that the entire finance department is relocating (far away is all I can say right now)
We were given severance packages and all kinds of info on how to handle this. Our last day is April 30, 2007. I know I can find another job, I am just in such a state of SHOCK! We only get 6 weeks severance. I have a big headache and can't think straight right now.

This is in addition to my husband quitting his job on Friday just because he wasn't happy there. He was there for 3 weeks. THis is an on going issue. That is for another thread.

UUGGHHH!!!!!! All I want to do is cry and scream. I can't because of my 4 year old. :eek: :( :eek: :( :eek: :(

Oh WOW! Kristin I feel for you. I am so sorry but I am sure all will work out. Just keep positive thoughts (you are VERY fortunate to have a severance package...alot of people around here have gone to work only to find a lock and chain through the doors) Keep your head up and time to get the PC apron around your DH!
Valky

Kristen I am so sorry you are going through this right now. With that many people looking for a new job I would start looking right away.

Good Luck!

yummy4tummy said:
Oh WOW! Kristin I feel for you. I am so sorry but I am sure all will work out. Just keep positive thoughts (you are VERY fortunate to have a severance package...alot of people around here have gone to work only to find a lock and chain through the doors) Keep your head up and time to get the PC apron around your DH!
Valky
LOL! I tried that one. He isn't such a people person. I told him we could get twice the shows if he did it too. But I honestly can't see him talking to a group of people. I will be ok, I just need time to digest it all.

nikkijo said:
Kristen I am so sorry you are going through this right now. With that many people looking for a new job I would start looking right away.

Good Luck!
Thanks! I have already started looking.

Take a deep breath, you can get through this.

On the bright side, they gave you 4 months notice so at least you can pay the bills until then. Time to dig out the resume, update it and put the word out that you are looking for new employment.

And kick hubby in the backside!

PamperChefCarol said:
Take a deep breath, you can get through this.

On the bright side, they gave you 4 months notice so at least you can pay the bills until then. Time to dig out the resume, update it and put the word out that you are looking for new employment.

And kick hubby in the backside!

I second that, lol.

Thanks for making me laugh!

I've got another one, maybe you should put one of your OLD non-PC pans to some good use, lol.....

jdavis said:
I've got another one, maybe you should put one of your OLD non-PC pans to some good use, lol.....
:D --Good one I might have to try that!

Good luck and hope it all works out OK for you.

Nice thing is you know you have your business to fall back on. If DH doesn't find something right away, maybe he can do more around the house to support you working your business more? My DH took on more of a house spouse role when he didn't have a job.

{{HUGS}}

Kristin,

Sending prayers for you. I'm so sorry you're going through this and what a crummy time to break the news. I'm glad you are getting 4 months notice though and hope you find your dream job in the meantime.

Thanks everyone. I am so thankful for everyone on this site. I knew I could get some "positive" from you all!

I am so sorry Kristin. I know it is hard to stay positive, but everything happens for a reason. God could have something bigger and better in store for you.

So sorry Kristin. We've been there. Don't make hasty decisions. Take a deep breath. Try to relax. You'll be in my prayers.

I actually am in the process of getting an interview set up in the HR department for a Recruiting Assistant. It is the same level which is better than nothing. They should have it scheduled by Monday. I have a lot of the recruiters routing for me already so that is a plus. I am not going to sit around and wait until the end. I am feeling better today. I am just really glad it is Friday. Still alot of crying amongst everyone today. At least I can regroup over the weekend.

Good for you kristin. You should be proud of yourself for not procrastinating. We will all be praying for you and your hubby to find new jobs soon and for you to end up being able to take your severance and put it either towards debt or savings.

tlennhoff said:
Good for you kristin. You should be proud of yourself for not procrastinating. We will all be praying for you and your hubby to find new jobs soon and for you to end up being able to take your severance and put it either towards debt or savings.
Thankyou so much. The only thing is I won't get the severance if I move to a new position.:(

Oh well, I would rather have the job anyway!:)

What is "inShock and in a Daze!!!!"?

"inShock and in a Daze!!!!" is a term used by Pampered Chef to describe the feeling of excitement and amazement that customers experience when they see our products and attend our parties.

How can I host an "inShock and in a Daze!!!!" party?

You can host an "inShock and in a Daze!!!!" party by contacting a Pampered Chef consultant and scheduling a date. The consultant will bring our products and demonstrate how they work, while you and your guests enjoy delicious food and have the opportunity to purchase items.

What types of products are featured at "inShock and in a Daze!!!!" parties?

At "inShock and in a Daze!!!!" parties, you can find a variety of kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware, and other cooking and entertaining essentials. Our products are designed to make your life easier and more enjoyable in the kitchen.

Do I have to make a purchase at an "inShock and in a Daze!!!!" party?

There is no pressure to make a purchase at an "inShock and in a Daze!!!!" party. However, we do offer exclusive discounts and promotions for party guests, so you may find some great deals on our high-quality products.

Can I become a Pampered Chef consultant at an "inShock and in a Daze!!!!" party?

Yes, you can join the Pampered Chef team at an "inShock and in a Daze!!!!" party. Talk to the consultant hosting the party for more information on how to become a consultant and start your own Pampered Chef business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies