• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Were Shows Like in the Past?

but by the early 1960s, it was obvious that color was on the way and so more shows were shot in color. By the mid '60s, many homes had color sets and local stations were equipping news sets with color cameras.
Tig
prior to the interactive shows, what was a typical party like? Ive never been to a PC party before until the end of February when I went to a party (how I met my recruiter).

I know some people say they liked it before the interactive... but how exactly would a party go?

I stopped doing the interactive shows and went back to my old way. I get to the host's house and hour early and make the recipe and set up during that time. Then I can focus on products during the show and they eat afterwards.

I mix them up still. I have found that some groups of people dont care for the interactive while others prefer it. When I do a typical cooking show most hosts set up chairs in the kitchen (or livingroom with a table) I do the welcome, talk about the biz, introduce host specials and booking rewards, then begin with a demonstration.

During the demonstration I use as many PC products as possible and talk about them as I go. I also still try to involve the guests by asking them what they like about it, who has it, what are some other ideas the product could be used for, etc.

Play a game while it bakes or sets, talk stoneware, knives, and cookware. Then conclude show and move to a station where I will take orders.

There are more details naturally but thats a quick run down.

You could probably find somehting in the files section about cooking show outlines.

I think there are still some videos on supply order from the pre-interactive days. And any of the recordings of Cooking Show Live from past conferences would be old-style shows. The two-word description of the old style is "lecture series." A little more fun than that phrase implies, but it's still pretty accurate. Consultants would do the whole demo, occasionally getting input from the guests about their favorite products. Sometimes you'd encounter a consultant who would have some interactivity, like having someone come up to use the food chopper. And way back, like at the first show I ever attended about 10 years ago, there wasn't even that much. The consultant at that show (and, no, I don't remember who it was) just talked at us for 90 minutes. Even worse, she focused on small-dollar items, which was not good in a crowd that didn't know PC and probably would have dropped more money if we had learned why stoneware was good.

Lecture Series, yeah....those were the days. But in the old, old days, it was all about dinosaurs. You'd ride your pet velocarapter to the show, and then after a demo, people that didn't order... got eaten by your ride home. j/k I think it was triceratops.

EpTxGuy said:
Lecture Series, yeah....those were the days. But in the old, old days, it was all about dinosaurs. You'd ride your pet velocarapter to the show, and then after a demo, people that didn't order... got eaten by your ride home. j/k I think it was triceratops.
LOL! You are too funny! However, I don't want to encourage you!

My first PC show 10 years ago was not unlike what I do now when I do not do an interactive show. The consultant did most everything, but of course wanted us to talk about what we had and why we loved things. I guess I was outspoken about stuff (even though I owned very little PC at that point), giving tips on how to use products, that she offered the biz to me. I don't remember if she had anyone help with the actual food prep, but it was in no way a lecture.

Most shows in the 1950's were all black & white because there were few color receivers and not many broadcasts. By the early 1960's, it was obvious that color was on the way so more shows were shot in color. By the mid '60s, many homes had color sets and local stations were equipping news sets with color cameras.By the 70's, almost all shows were in color.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Most shows in the 1950's were all black & white because there were few color receivers and not many broadcasts. By the early 1960's, it was obvious that color was on the way so more shows were shot in color. By the mid '60s, many homes had color sets and local stations were equipping news sets with color cameras.

By the 70's, almost all shows were in color.
*groan*

Seriously, TKG, I have to go back and check the thread title to figure out the punchline to your buildup. Thanks for the chuckle.:)

Some shows started out in black & white then went to color. The first seasons of Lost In Space and The Man From U.N.C.L.E. were in black & white and succeeding seasons were in color.

Related to What Were Shows Like in the Past?

1. What types of products were featured in Pampered Chef shows in the past?

In the past, Pampered Chef shows featured a variety of kitchen and cooking products, including cookware, utensils, bakeware, and small appliances. These products were designed to make cooking and meal preparation easier and more efficient.

2. How were Pampered Chef shows different in the past compared to now?

In the past, Pampered Chef shows were primarily held in-person at someone's home, with a consultant demonstrating products and taking orders from guests. Now, shows can also be held virtually through online platforms, giving more flexibility and convenience to both the consultant and guests.

3. Did Pampered Chef shows have a similar format in the past?

Yes, the format of a Pampered Chef show in the past was similar to now. It typically involved a consultant demonstrating products and sharing tips and tricks for using them, followed by guests placing orders and potentially hosting their own show.

4. Were there any exclusive products available at Pampered Chef shows in the past?

Yes, there were exclusive products that could only be purchased at Pampered Chef shows in the past. These products were often limited edition or seasonal items, and were highly sought after by customers.

5. How have Pampered Chef shows evolved over the years?

Pampered Chef shows have evolved in many ways over the years. The company has expanded its product line, introduced online show options, and improved the overall shopping and ordering experience for customers. Pampered Chef also now offers more training and support for its consultants, making it easier for them to host successful shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LeighPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jennifer golden
Replies
Views
baychef
  • TrishPCMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies