• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Use in Place of Small Micro Cooker?

In summary, the recipe will require triple the ingredients and the Batter Bowl won't work, so practice running it first before attempting in the real world.
tracyt
I am going to do the following recipe at an upcoming brunch, but I don't have the small micro cooker. I will probably need to at least triple the recipe to have enough also. I'm trying to keep my costs down and really don't want to have to buy it. Has anyone done this recipe in the microwave with something different? Would the Classic Batter Bowl work? Anything else?

Thanks,
Tracy

Extra-Special Hot Chocolate
3 cups milk
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
3 tablespoons powdered chocolate drink mix
Miniature marshmallows (optional)

1. Combine milk and chocolate morsels in Small Micro-Cooker®. Microwave on HIGH 3 minutes; whisk until thoroughly blended using Stainless Steel Whisk. Add powdered drink mix; whisk until combined.
2. Microwave on HIGH 2-2 1/2 minutes or until hot. Pour into mugs; top each serving with miniature marshmallows, if desired. Serve hot.

Yield: 4 servings

I would think the Batter Bowl would work ok for this, but you may want to test this out at home first. If you're tripling you'll have to adjust the cook time but I would probably micro for 2-3 minutes, stir, and repeat 2 more times. Just to be sure that the chocolate melts evenly.

tracyt said:
I am going to do the following recipe at an upcoming brunch, but I don't have the small micro cooker. I will probably need to at least triple the recipe to have enough also. I'm trying to keep my costs down and really don't want to have to buy it. Has anyone done this recipe in the microwave with something different? Would the Classic Batter Bowl work? Anything else?

Thanks,
Tracy

Extra-Special Hot Chocolate
3 cups milk
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
3 tablespoons powdered chocolate drink mix
Miniature marshmallows (optional)

1. Combine milk and chocolate morsels in Small Micro-Cooker®. Microwave on HIGH 3 minutes; whisk until thoroughly blended using Stainless Steel Whisk. Add powdered drink mix; whisk until combined.
2. Microwave on HIGH 2-2 1/2 minutes or until hot. Pour into mugs; top each serving with miniature marshmallows, if desired. Serve hot.

Yield: 4 servings

If you are going to triple this recipe, it won't fit in the Batter Bowl. the Batter Bowl is only 8 cups.

The Batter Bowl should work, but as Ginger pointed out, you'll need to make it in 2 batches. Use the lid, but be sure it just rests on top and isn't "sealed" closed. If you secure the lid and microwave, it will warp the lid.

Try a practice run at home so you can adjust accordingly.

Have a great show!

The micro cookers are smaller than the batter bowl, so you'd need 2 batches anyway.

You MAY want to put a paper towel over it as you microwave and point out that if you'd had the micro cooker you wouldn't have to worry about making a mess ...

I agree with everyone else... I haven't tried it but thanks for posting the recipe, I will be trying this out, my son just loves hot chocolate, I usually just use the powdered kind that you mix with hot water but I'll give this a try for a special treat!

What to Use in Place of Small Micro Cooker?

Many people are looking for alternatives to the Pampered Chef Small Micro Cooker. Here are the five most frequently asked questions about what to use in place of this kitchen tool.

1. Can I use a regular microwave-safe bowl instead?

Yes, a regular microwave-safe bowl can be used as a substitute for the Small Micro Cooker. Just make sure to cover the bowl with a lid or microwave-safe plastic wrap to prevent splatters.

2. What about using a glass measuring cup?

A glass measuring cup can also be used in place of the Small Micro Cooker. It is important to use a microwave-safe measuring cup and cover it with a lid or plastic wrap while cooking.

3. Can I use a ceramic dish?

Yes, a ceramic dish can be used as an alternative to the Small Micro Cooker. Just make sure it is microwave-safe and cover with a lid or plastic wrap.

4. Is there a specific size or type of bowl that works best?

Any microwave-safe bowl can be used as a substitute for the Small Micro Cooker. However, it is best to use a bowl with a capacity of at least 2 cups to ensure there is enough room for the food to expand while cooking.

5. Can I use a plastic container with a lid?

Yes, a microwave-safe plastic container with a lid can be used as a substitute for the Small Micro Cooker. Just make sure the container is labeled as microwave-safe and follow the recommended cooking times for the specific food being cooked.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenniferlynne
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • beepampered
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
beepampered
Replies