• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Use for Entertaining...

In summary, Jennifer suggests using the Simple Additions to match the look of the party and to make it easier to serve. She also suggests using just one kind of cookies, water, and coffee. Jessica suggests switching to Dr. Pepper, carbonated water, or flavored water. All of the suggestions are offered with the disclaimer that everyone's tastes are different.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I am having a Party Lite show on Sat and I want to put out some things but keep it simple. I have many SA pieces and all of the new stands. This is what I want to serve:

Chips
Pretzels
Dip
Cookies
Cheese & Crackers (will put on cheese board)
Veggies (in Chillzanne or should I do SA)
Spinach Artichoke Ring (or is it too much?)

Rasp Lemonade in QuickStir
Soda
Water
Coffee

Please let me know what you think and how I should display it.

I would do the veggies in the chillzanne. I think your menu is fine, as long as you stick to one kind of cookies, etc. How many people?

I would have to say that I would use the SA over the Chillzanne if you are putting it all in one area, buffet style so it all matches, but if you are scattering it around, I would probably use the Chillzanne. There used to be a video on CC that was different ways to use the SA, they made a tower out of the SA to put different things on each ledge, cover a table you would be using with a table cloth or something with books or something under it at differnt levels to put the SA's on so things don't get buried behind others.

I agree with Jennifer. Use the Simple Additions so it all matches and looks nice. The Chillzane is just so summery to me, I don't think it works well in the fall and winter months. I see Chillzane and think picnic. The only thing I would cut out of your menu is the soda, but thats just because I hate soda. ITS SO BAD FOR YOUR TEETH PEOPLE!

Hey now Jessica, don't be takin' away my Dr Pepper or I might not be a very happy person, that's my coffee (YUCK, I can't even stand the smell of coffee).

Teeth HATE SODA!
jdavis said:
Hey now Jessica, don't be takin' away my Dr Pepper or I might not be a very happy person, that's my coffee (YUCK, I can't even stand the smell of coffee).

You can do it Jennifer! Give up the Dr. Pepper! I hate coffee too! Switch to water. I LOVE water! I am a water psycho! It is my favorite drink. Here is what you can do to get yourself off the Dr. Pepper. Go to the grocery store and get yourself some flavored carbonated water. Drink that for a few days for your bubbly fix. Then switch to just water! JUST WATER! I love it!

It goes with everything. Is it the pretty little purple can that makes you love Dr.Pepper? They make the fanciest little water bottles now! GO FOR IT!!!

DOWN WITH SODA! SAVE YOUR TEETH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AJPratt said:
I am having a Party Lite show on Sat and I want to put out some things but keep it simple. I have many SA pieces and all of the new stands. This is what I want to serve:

Chips
Pretzels
Dip
Cookies
Veggies (in Chillzanne or should I do SA)
Spinach Artichoke Ring (or is it too much?)

Rasp Lemonade in QuickStir
Soda
Water
Coffee

Please let me know what you think and how I should display it.

I think I might be in the minority here, but I think you have way too much. I would personally not do the ring. Save yourself some trouble.

And I would drop the soda, just make sure you have something that is no caffeine/no sugar. Maybe flavored water?

Just my 2 cents. Enoy your party.

ChefJesssica said:
You can do it Jennifer! Give up the Dr. Pepper! I hate coffee too! Switch to water. I LOVE water! I am a water psycho! It is my favorite drink. Here is what you can do to get yourself off the Dr. Pepper. Go to the grocery store and get yourself some flavored carbonated water. Drink that for a few days for your bubbly fix. Then switch to just water! JUST WATER! I love it!

It goes with everything. Is it the pretty little purple can that makes you love Dr.Pepper? They make the fanciest little water bottles now! GO FOR IT!!!

DOWN WITH SODA! SAVE YOUR TEETH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I drink alot of water myself,and I have had the flavoured waters from time to time, but I do love my Pepsi!!! .. I could never take to drinking Dr. Pepper....

:D

Being pregnant, I'm cutting out the soda. It's hard, but AFTER BABY it will be coming back. If you're worried about the effect soda has on your teeth, drink it through a straw. That's what my dentist and MIL(dental office manager and assistant) says.

Thanks for the suggestions! Keep 'em coming! The chillzanne piece I have is the round, sectional server, but I think you guys could be right. I may leave it out because I have plenty of the SA's. You can never have too much, right?!

I have to say that we don't even have soda in the house. We have gone to strictly water. I would have to go and buy some soda and raspberry lemodae. I can brew some fresh iced tea. LOL Sorry, I do coffee though! Its great for my asthma.

I was just going to buy a box of the Pepridge Farm entertaining cookies and set them out. They're on sale, pretty and no work!

I'll probably have 10-15 people.

I'll have to think about the ring. I do them all the time, so its nothing for me. I can make up the filling the night before and then just arrange the rolls and bake it before. But with it being 2pm, people will most likely have had lunch and probably not be hungry. Heck, I might enjoy it as a snack!

Anne, remember the advice you give to your hostess'. KEEP IT SIMPLE. They are there for the party not to eat. Just a few snacks. Just my opinion.

my experience: for my 1st PC show I went all out, cookies, chips & dip, finger sandwiches, the list goes on. When everyone left I still had everything sitting on the table. The kids ate good for 2 days though lol

My Two CentsI've come up with a new way to serve Dips and Chips. I put the dip in one of the medium SA bowls, then set that at an angle inside the large SA bowl. Then I put the chips all around the sides of the medium bowl.

On the soda subject, I love a good coke every now and then, but usually just drink diet. The C2 cokes are pretty tasty and have half the sugar.

Chef Diane said:
Anne, remember the advice you give to your hostess'. KEEP IT SIMPLE. They are there for the party not to eat. Just a few snacks. Just my opinion.

my experience: for my 1st PC show I went all out, cookies, chips & dip, finger sandwiches, the list goes on. When everyone left I still had everything sitting on the table. The kids ate good for 2 days though lol

I agree. I went all out the first time I was a PC host too & all the food was still there. I wouldn't do the ring. Especially for a 2 PM show. Just snacks. Have fun!

ChefJesssica said:
The only thing I would cut out of your menu is the soda, but thats just because I hate soda. ITS SO BAD FOR YOUR TEETH PEOPLE!

My husband would LOVE to hear you say that! He's a dentist. We do have our occasional pop/soda from time to time in our house, although we don't ever plan to give our daughter any--she's never even had full juice--it's always watered down & that's on special occasion--usually she just drinks water or milk. He just cringes when he sees people at the grocery store putting 2 or 3 cases of Mountain Dew in their carts--that one's the worst!

I never gave my son juice either. I had always heard it was full of empty calories and bad for the teeth, especially apple juice. He doesn't even like kool-aid. He always has milk or water too. He has started wanting soda lately because I drink it, but he likes diet. I try not to let him have it too much because of the artificial sweetner. That's not good for him either.

Sounds like a decent menu to me!

Maybe I will skip the ring. The other stuff is just opening up a package and dumping it into an SA.

I would put some mints or some kind of candy on one tier and some cookies or cheese on the others. That is my favorite stand and I get soooo many compliments on it! And don't forget to put a card in the top to say "thanks for coming" Or "Happy holidays".....I just love those stands! They're soooo pretty! By the way, I'm a water drinker and the doctor said that when people think they are hungry....half of the time.....it's them being dehydrated. I've lost weight this way!

From what I have... What would you put on the rectangle stand?

Chips---3-tier
Pretzels---3-tier
Dip--3-tier
Cookies---Rectangle Stand
Veggies (in Chillzanne or should I do SA)---large square
Spinach Artichoke Ring (or is it too much?)How is that? Assuming you only have 1 kind of chips and 1 kind of dip, or if you have different kinds you could use the 3-tier for the cookies, and the 2 bowl for the dips, and large bowl for the chips?

So, I had the show! $1200 in sales! WOW! I had 11 people show up and I had $400 in outside orders. And my table looked GREAT if I do say so. I wish I had taken a picture but I was down to the wire. This is what I did:

3 tiered stand level one Pep Farm fruit filled cookies, leve 2 Pep farm choc cookies, and the top level grapes.

Large sq SA with small bowl in center: carrots, broc, cucs, and celery with Dill dip. Very pretty.

2 med bowls & small bowl with chips, pretzels, and dip.

Large bowl in woven, as seen in a CN with sparkling water.

Rect stand with PL votives in it.

Cheese board with 3 cheeses and crackers.

I had just enough food. People were SNACKING!

I bought a red table cloth at L&T (new stain resistant one) and all the White SA pieces looked great. And, BTW, that tablecloth is awesome!

Thanks for all your advice and all youhelp from keeping me from going insane!

Your table sounds like it was beautiful!

AWWW, I wish you would have gotten a pic or two. It sounds like you had an awesome party.

That is a fantastic party. Way to go.

What should I use for serving appetizers?

For serving appetizers, we recommend our Bamboo Appetizer Picks. These picks are perfect for skewering small bites like cheese, fruit, or mini sandwiches. Plus, they are eco-friendly and can be reused!

What is the best tool for slicing bread?

For slicing bread, we recommend our Bread Knife. This knife has a serrated edge that easily cuts through crusty bread without squishing or tearing it. It also has a comfortable handle for easy slicing.

What is the ideal dish for serving a salad?

For serving a salad, we recommend our Large Round Platter. This platter has a wide surface area and shallow depth, making it perfect for displaying and tossing a large salad. It also has a beautiful design that will elevate any table setting.

What is the best cookware for making a large batch of soup?

For making a large batch of soup, we recommend our Executive Nonstick Soup Pot. This pot has a large capacity and a nonstick surface, making it easy to cook and clean up after making a big pot of soup. It also has a glass lid, so you can monitor your soup as it simmers.

What is the most versatile tool for grilling?

For grilling, we recommend our Flexible Grill Basket. This basket can hold a variety of foods, from vegetables to small cuts of meat, and it can be used on both gas and charcoal grills. Its flexible design allows you to easily flip and turn your food for even cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BettieC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jnsr96
  • KellyTheChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • its_me_susan