• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Send Home With the 8Th Graders?

In summary, the speaker is excited to teach a cooking class to eighth graders at a chef's program in a middle school. They plan to send home postcards with coupons to promote their business, and are considering offering an incentive, such as a Visa gift card, to encourage the students to participate. The other speakers in the conversation agree that a gift card would be a great idea and reminisce about The Jetsons.
Kitchen2u
Tomorrow (Nov 2) morning (leaving here about 10 AM Calif time), I'm doing a cooking class with 36 eighth graders ~ now THAT will be FUN!!! (I mean that...I LOVEEEEEEEEE kids shows! ) It's a chef's program they have at this middle school. The catalogs are circulating the school, all proceeds with go back into the chef's program/kitchens. My past host ($1K+ in Sept) runs this program there and she told me to bring business cards to sen home with the kids (for bookings,etc). But I'm going to send home these postcards I had made via Vista Print. There's coupons on the postcard...here's my dilemma:

I'm thinking I should offer an incentive to the kids to get them inspire to do it...the most orders, bookings, etc. wins...gift card from _______________?

Whatcha think?

Great idea
Kitchen2u said:
Tomorrow (Nov 2) morning (leaving here about 10 AM Calif time), I'm doing a cooking class with 36 eighth graders ~ now THAT will be FUN!!! (I mean that...I LOVEEEEEEEEE kids shows! ) It's a chef's program they have at this middle school. The catalogs are circulating the school, all proceeds with go back into the chef's program/kitchens. My past host ($1K+ in Sept) runs this program there and she told me to bring business cards to sen home with the kids (for bookings,etc). But I'm going to send home these postcards I had made via Vista Print. There's coupons on the postcard...here's my dilemma:

I'm thinking I should offer an incentive to the kids to get them inspire to do it...the most orders, bookings, etc. wins...gift card from _______________?

Whatcha think?

I would definitely give a VISA gift card to spend anywhere or quiz them to see what stores they really like and find out what would be very popular and a motivater for them!! It might be a restaurant!

Debbie :D

I 2nd the VISA gift card. They could use it wherever! It's kinda seen as cash these days anyway... so to them it's as good as winning money.

Second or Third THAT motion. Great idea on both the Visa card and a awesome idea for a fundraiser. Amazing!:sing:

See! I know you would come through for me!!!! I LOVE all of you here...

Believe it or not, a Visa card never even entered my mind! robably because I'm LOSING it!!! :D :eek: :D :eek:

Thanks ladies ~ YOU are the BEST! ! !

Kitchen2u said:
robably [/SIZE]

See....my fingers aren't working either! I'm losing it!

Kitchen2u said:
See....my fingers aren't working either! I'm losing it!

Rot if rour're ralking with Rastro the Rog! Ru Roh Reorge......we're in Rouble Row!

(translation: Not if you're talking with Astro the Dog....Uh Oh George, we're in trouble now!!" hee hee hee! I loved The Jetsons!)

ChefBeckyD said:
Rot if rour're ralking with Rastro the Rog! Ru Roh Reorge......we're in Rouble Row!

(translation: Not if you're talking with Astro the Dog....Uh Oh George, we're in trouble now!!" hee hee hee! I loved The Jetsons!)

Me too! Love that Becky!!!

1. What are some practical and useful items to send home with 8th graders?

Some practical and useful items to send home with 8th graders could include a recipe book, kitchen tools such as measuring spoons or spatulas, a reusable water bottle, a journal or planner, and a small gift card to a local restaurant or store.

2. How can I make the items fun and memorable for the 8th graders?

To make the items fun and memorable, you can include personalized labels with each student's name, fun quotes or graphics on the recipe book or water bottle, and a handwritten note from their teacher or mentor. You could also incorporate a game or activity that involves using the items, such as a cooking challenge or scavenger hunt.

3. Are there any items that would be suitable for both boys and girls?

Yes, there are many items that would be suitable for both boys and girls. Some ideas could include a multi-purpose kitchen tool, a neutral colored water bottle, a journal with a simple design, and a gift card to a popular store or restaurant that appeals to both genders.

4. How can I keep the cost of these items reasonable?

To keep the cost reasonable, consider purchasing items in bulk or finding deals and discounts. You could also ask for donations or contributions from parents or local businesses. Another option is to choose simpler, budget-friendly items that still serve a purpose, such as a set of pens or pencils.

5. Can I include any items that will promote healthy habits for the 8th graders?

Yes, sending home items that promote healthy habits is a great idea. Some examples could include a healthy recipe book, a pedometer or fitness tracker, a reusable water bottle, or a small plant or succulent. These items not only promote healthy habits but also serve as a reminder of the school's commitment to the students' well-being.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
nikked
Replies
Views
kam
  • AlowayFamily
  • Pampered Chef Bookings