• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Say to a Host Who's Mia?

In summary, the host has been trying to close the show for over a month and has not been able to do so. The host has two guests that have not received their products and one that has not received their check. The consultant suggests waiting until Friday before closing the show.
sklay723
Gold Member
So I had a show early this month...and now we're at the END of the month. I have called repeatedly to get it closed, and she continually asks for an extra day or two. I have checks from three guests, cc numbers for three more, and sales are currently hovering above $300, so it's not a matter of getting the show to qualify. She went on vacation and didn't call before leaving to close (like we'd discussed AT the show) and she's been back for two weeks now (during which time I've probably called four or five times). What is the most tactful way I can get her moving to get this thing closed? Her guests are probably wondering where her products are. Should I call them and tell them we're closing soon?

I just left her yet another voicemail saying that I aim to close the show before Friday and that I don't want her free products and half-price item to go to waste...is there anything else I can say to light a fire here?

I have had 38 shows and have never had to deal with anything like this. Crazy. Any advice would be appreciated. :)

Well, since you said til Friday wait til then. If no word, then Sat morn leave a message with her that you will be closing her show Sunday afternoon at 4pm (or whenever you deicde) and unless you hear from her you will go ahead and pick out host benefits and close the show. That SHOULD get her moving. However, had a host like that before, and NEVER heard from her again. This girl had a cooking show scheduled but had to cancel it for whatever reason. However, she had 2 online orders totaling just over $200. Tried closing for almost a month. Left her a message that I would pick the host benefits, etc and she NEVER got back with me. Got a few nice things that way! Strange I know! Some people!
Good luck and let us know how it works out!

yeah, I would close it Saturday and have it shipped to YOU.

As long as you have all of the orders and money, I would do as everyone else said and as of Sat morning if you haven't been able to get in touch with her, let her know that you will be closing it on Sunday and ordering what you think she would want for the hostess benefits and to please get back to you if she would like it done another way.

And yes, have it shipped to YOU!!

I agree with everyone else is saying. If you do not hear from her by Friday evening, close the show Saturday am and send it in. Have everything shipped to you.

Good luck!

Ditto the above! And if she doesn't get back to you with what she wants, you use the host benefits! Get yourself some knives or the grinder set with the host bonus, and some other things with the FPV.

chefann said:
Ditto the above! And if she doesn't get back to you with what she wants, you use the host benefits! Get yourself some knives or the grinder set with the host bonus, and some other things with the FPV.

Yes, things YOU want, don't even try to pick something for her.

Absolutely! As everyone has said, it is not fair to hold up other orders just for her! I can't imagine holding a Show and then not even contacting the Consultant back for the Host benefits!

This is where it will come in handy to have the HO imposed cut off date for shows on the 15th.

kaseydee said:
This is where it will come in handy to have the HO imposed cut off date for shows on the 15th.

I could not agree more...it's going to be so much nicer to say "I HAVE to have this show closed by xx date, according to Home Office...."

I spoke with both hosts this evening (just as an update...one has been dragging for almost a month, the other for two weeks) but was in the car on my cell and have now set up appointments to speak with both of them tomorrow. One is close to $300 and the other is close to $400. Not huge shows, but that's $700 in sales that I want on my next commission check, in addition to the fact that it's also another 200 points for the bag promotion this month. :) I got tons of apologies and excuses, so I'm thinking they know they need to get everything locked in.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I love CS... :)

Ditto. Time line is needed for this host. Also, call each guest to let them know the host was holding it up (say it tactfully), so it doesn't look like PC is slow. Also, especially with those who are using CC, they will need to know, so they know funds Were NOT taken out yet. THough it wasn't you, I would let each guests know I'm including a gift (don't tell them what- but I just use a season's Best, etc.)for them for the delay and let them know how PC prides in quick delivery of products. Deliver items to you, so you can personally get the orders out in a timely manner.

1. What should I say to a host who hasn't responded to my messages or calls?

If your host has been MIA (missing in action), it's important to reach out and follow up in a friendly and polite manner. You can try saying something like, "Hey [host's name], I hope everything is okay. I haven't heard back from you regarding our upcoming Pampered Chef party. I just wanted to check in and make sure you received all the information and see if there's anything I can do to help."

2. How do I handle a host who keeps canceling or rescheduling the party?

If your host has been canceling or rescheduling the party multiple times, it's best to have an open and honest conversation with them. Let them know that you understand things come up, but it's important for you to have a successful party and reach your goals. You can offer to help them find a new date that works for both of you or suggest having a virtual party instead.

3. What if my host is not responding to my reminders about the party?

It's not uncommon for hosts to get busy and forget about the party. In this situation, it's important to remain professional and continue to follow up with friendly reminders. You can try saying something like, "Hey [host's name], just a friendly reminder that our Pampered Chef party is coming up. I'm really looking forward to seeing you and your friends there!"

4. How should I handle a host who wants to cancel the party last minute?

Last-minute cancellations can be frustrating, but it's important to handle the situation calmly and professionally. You can let your host know that you understand their situation, but also mention that you have already put in a lot of time and effort to prepare for the party. You can offer to reschedule the party for a better time or suggest having a virtual party instead.

5. What if my host is not responding to my messages at all?

In this situation, it's best to try reaching out through different channels such as email or social media. If your host is still not responding, you can try contacting them through a mutual friend or family member. If all else fails, it may be best to move on and focus on other potential hosts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lkhartmann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • SherryLynn