• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Give to a Host at a Show?

In summary, Lisa recommends that people book a show with their guest list in hand, and suggest that hostesses pick up food to reimburse themselves. She advises that people call their guests within a day or two of the show date to confirm, and then sends them a confirmation letter. Finally, she recommends offering a gift to guests who book a show through her.
Jilleysue
Silver Member
So the scenario is...you're at a show and a guest decides to book a show right then and there, what do you give her after you write her date in your planner? Do we just pencil her in and then the next day send her Mailing #1 so we can get her guest list started? Do you bring host packets with you?

What does everyone do...ok that is my last posting..I am off to bed. I have audits tomorrow. Things to organize..HAHAHAHA. God I am crazy. Not all.
SMOOCHES!!!:D

See I am tired... I meant...NIGHT ALL...HAHAHAHA Silly me!!!

I don't give out my host packet/binder until I have a guest list in my hands.

I find it works much better that way. I know I'm having a show and I all the info. I need.

I send out my hostesses invites and I suggest I pick up food and let them reimburse me.

I try and have one to one meeting with my hostesses to plan their party, just really getting into swing of things with that, but has worked well for me.

HTH,

Lisa

Lisa/ChefBear said:
I don't give out my host packet/binder until I have a guest list in my hands.

I find it works much better that way. I know I'm having a show and I all the info. I need.

I send out my hostesses invites and I suggest I pick up food and let them reimburse me.

I try and have one to one meeting with my hostesses to plan their party, just really getting into swing of things with that, but has worked well for me.

HTH,

Lisa

Ditto everything above except the one-to-one meeting.

When I book her (at the show) I give her one of my business cards w/ her show date & time on the back.
The next day I mail her a postcard confirming her date (for these from Nancy's) Or I may send her the attached poctcard (I print it on neon cardstock)
I call her within a day or two to make sure the date & time are good for her & then I mail her a confirmation letter with blank guest list.
Once I have her guestlist in hand I send her hostess packet.

Attachments

• postcard - fridge reminder.doc
    124.5 KB · Views: 369
dannyzmom said:
Ditto everything above except the one-to-one meeting.

When I book her (at the show) I give her one of my business cards w/ her show date & time on the back.
The next day I mail her a postcard confirming her date (for these from Nancy's) Or I may send her the attached poctcard (I print it on neon cardstock)
I call her within a day or two to make sure the date & time are good for her & then I mail her a confirmation letter with blank guest list.
Once I have her guestlist in hand I send her hostess packet.
That is great! I love the cards!!

chefkristin said:
That is great! I love the cards!!

As usual - LOL - I can't take credit for them. I got them from another consultant over the years.

Maybe someone on here is creative enough to alter them to say "Thanks for scheduling a show tihe The Pampered Chef. This is to confirm our show date of _______(day)_______(date) at _____(time)
Please call if you have any questions! I am looking forward to our show!"

I do not send out the invites for the host - I really push the website's evites! I bringat least one host packet with me to a show, that has the following 2 months specials and OOF's , (or current and next if it is very early in the month) a generic thank you letter, catalogs, and the show planner in it. This has worked pretty well for me, but I may try to do it the other way that the ladies are mentioning above, it is just hard because this isn't my full time job...and that would add a lot more to keep track of! And I also offer a pick out of my door prize basket if they book.

jenniferknapp said:
And I also offer a pick out of my door prize basket if they book.

I used to do that but found people would book just to get the gift & then cancel. So now when I am hungry for bokoings, I will offer a gift for bookings - but they will receive the gift AT their show.

Carolyn,

I love the post cards and I will probably be using them myself. How far from the show date do you fill in each blank? How far ahead to you tell your hosts to get their invite list to you, etc.?

At the show I give them the business card handy reminder (Can't remember where I ordered them from or how long I've had them.)
It has our chef hat logo and a gold seal they stick on their calendar It lets you write in the date and time.
Then I follow up with postcards & the host packet.
Teresa

Teresa Lynn said:
At the show I give them the business card handy reminder (Can't remember where I ordered them from or how long I've had them.)
It has our chef hat logo and a gold seal they stick on their calendar It lets you write in the date and time.
Then I follow up with postcards & the host packet.
Teresa

Oooooh - these sound terrific - do you have a pic of them?

I do not hand out host packets at the show. I have found that I lose too many packets that way, and the ones that do hold their shows don't read it until later anyway. I do however take catalog show packets with me. I have really been talking a lot about those. I can give them their packet right then and they can start right away. People really seem to like that.

I do still take host packets with me & give it to them if their show is that month or the next. Otherwise I'll call them a month before their show to get the packet to them. I'd like to wait until I have the guest list, but I don't want to pay to mail it & I don't always have time to drive it to their house. Bringing them to the show saves me time & money.

I won't give a gift until the show is held either! Some people just want the free which I'm all for but it's a little rude I think. I've been putting a business card in my folder at the shows with a sticker on the back of it saying "Show Booking Coupon" and receive an extra $20 in host benefits/free product. It's been working for me when I need an extra booking or two.

What is a catalog show package?

Also, what do you give to a host at the show, for having a show. I really hosts look forward to their gift, what do you think is adequate to give them?

Jilleysue said:
Also, what do you give to a host at the show, for having a show. I really hosts look forward to their gift, what do you think is adequate to give them?

I give the host a Season's Best with my sticker inside it. I have everyone pass it around & sign it for her.

I give out Host Packets at the show if they book something within 30-45 days. I also give out catalog packets if it's within the same time frame. Other than that, I mail them or meet them to go over it.

I give them a host pack at the show from which they book. But if I'm offering a booking incentive, it's always something that they'll get on their order. Sometimes, I even make it "get xxx when your show hits $500" so they know they need to hit that level in order to get the freebie/bonus.

Joyce, a catalog show package is a host pack for a catalog show. Mine is similar to my cooking show pack. The catty show folder includes: show planner, 40 guests in 4 minutes (so they think of people to show the book to/send an email to), 4 or 5 catalogs, 7-10 order forms, a 6x9 envelope addressed to me for collecting/mailing order forms and checks (I put .63 postage on it), monthly special flyers, and a little slip for each catalog with some info about when orders are due, when products should be in, and to call me with any questions or to book a show.

dannyzmom said:
I give the host a Season's Best with my sticker inside it. I have everyone pass it around & sign it for her.

Yeah this is more what I was talking what other people do...for a show gift...what do others do?????

That's what I do - SBRC that I have everyone sign. I tell them "sign it like you're signing a yearbook." Then people understand that it's a keepsake.

I give the person who booked a 40 guests in 4 minutes, the 3 part labels (from PC) my self addressed stamped envelope and a note attached that explains what I want them to do with the list and the date I'd like it returned. I then let them know I'll be putting their packet together and mailing it to them 3 weeks before their show.

Ok I recieved a bunch of nacy's postcards from my director for chirstmas. But what time frame do ya send em out.. like 1week after send this... then 3 weeks send this...

Also! On the IMPORTANT DATES Postcard it has NOW!tell your guests
____hand out of mail invitations
_____call & remind
what time span are those?? I am remodeling my office & will put a paper on some corkboard as a reminder...
Also I got a postcard that reads:
Unlimited 50% off PC Items. Invite your friends,take the challenge & join the KILO CLUB! Beat a high show total of $1000 or more & i'll reward you with UNLIMITED 1/2 price items! And that's in addition to you $215 + shopping spree!
How would that work????
ALSO HOW MANY & WHICH POSTCARDS DO YOU SEND OUT??!!

ChefBurke~I live in Lithia, small world huh? Who is your director?

Jessica

Related to What to Give to a Host at a Show?

1. What are some popular gift options for a host at a Pampered Chef show?

Some popular gift options for a host at a Pampered Chef show include kitchen tools and gadgets, cookware sets, bakeware sets, and gift cards.

2. Can I personalize the gift for my host at a Pampered Chef show?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers personalization options for many of our products. You can add a monogram, name, or special message to make the gift even more meaningful.

3. How do I choose the right gift for my host at a Pampered Chef show?

To choose the right gift for your host, consider their interests and needs. If they love baking, a bakeware set might be a perfect choice. If they enjoy trying new recipes, a cookbook or kitchen tool set might be a great gift idea.

4. Is there a minimum or maximum amount I should spend on a gift for my host at a Pampered Chef show?

There is no set minimum or maximum amount for a host gift at a Pampered Chef show. The most important thing is to choose a gift that you feel comfortable giving and that shows your appreciation for the host.

5. Can I purchase a gift for my host at a Pampered Chef show online?

Yes, you can purchase gifts for your host at a Pampered Chef show online through our website. You can also work with your Pampered Chef consultant to place an order and have it shipped directly to the host.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
nay62
  • pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
LBotzler
Replies
Views
byrd1956