• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Do When a $260 Order Comes in Unexpectedly

In summary, the other consultant shared a booth with a fellow consultant and the fellow consultant offered to give the order to the other consultant. The other consultant accepted and the other consultant was in shock when the customer placed a $260 order. The other consultant felt bad and wanted to offer the order to the fellow consultant but she already had an order. The other consultant told the customer to keep the order and the customer agreed. The other consultant is working the whole fair and the fellow consultant only worked for three hours. The other consultant has already booked a catalog show and the fellow consultant only got one order. The other consultant shares the order with the fellow consultant.
lmklipfel
I was working at a booth with a fellow consultant. We were taking turns helping every other person. She was talking to a lady who said she would come back later. Well when she came back I was the only one there so I gave her an order form because she just wanted to place an order. When my fellow consultant came back, I offered to give it to her because she did talk to her first, she said you just take it. Well the lady was just getting started ordering she placed a $260 order. I was in shock. I felt bad and wanted to offer it to my fellow consultant but I already had and I had zero luck at fairs. Should I give it to my fellow consultant or keep it for myself??? Also my fellow consultant is working the entire fair and I only worked 3 hours. She had already gotten a catalog show booked and all I got was one order. So what should I do?

She told you to keep it - so keep it.

Now you need to convince this lady to have a show!

The thing is I felt a little resentment from my fellow consultant and I do not like it when people are mad at me and I feel like she is. I only see her once a month so I guess it doesn't matter. I don't know....

trickyWhat a tricky situation! I don't know what to suggest! :(

The other Consultant is already mad at you?

You offered, she said keep it. I agree KEEP IT. And motivate the customer to have a show! She could get the items for FREE!

I don't think you should feel bad. You did offer. Plus share the wealth, if she was there for the whole event, and you only a portion of it, I would want you to feel like it was worth your while to come. And it sure was!

Good luck!

I think you should keep it also. You did offer it to her and that is what you should have done but if she didn't want it then that is her fault. You get the order. Try to get her to do a show saying she could get that all for free, half price and a discount. Let us know if you get her to have a show.

How about split it in half???

Keep it. I used to be so scared of stepping on people's toes and worrying about if they liked me, etc. I have learned that I have to go with what people SAY, not what I think they are thinking. You could be totally making it up in your head that she is upset with you. If you are making something up, might as well make it positive like she is happy for you!

My sister and I are sharing a PC booth at a bridal show in a few months. I'm a little worried about how the splitting of shows and orders will go.

Laura - you have every right to keep it. Even if she is miffed at you for some unknown reason, she has no reason to be upset about this one. You tried to give the order back to her and she refused. I'll bet that she'll never do that again!

I would keep it, she is working the whole event with MANY more chances to book shows, take orders, and such.

It is hard as a consultant to see another consultant get a great order. Happy for them, but where is mine?? So maybe she not mad at you, but just disappointed. It sounds like you did more to help her? I shared a booth with a fellow consultant and we had agreed that I would come and help her, bringing a bit of cash n carry that she didn't really have and showing her what I usually do at a booth. I would keep my cash n carry sales but leads would go to her. I wouldn't normally do that, but I was helping her. However, when people came to the booth and she was off talking to other vendors and such, I did give people my info. I think there was only one order and she got it. It was over $100 and I was a little irritated b/c she just happened to be there for that order. I was happy she got one but the tired/this is as busy as this is going to get side of me was bummed. I love her though and she is just inexperienced with the booth thing (staying by your booth and talking to people AT your booth).

Anyway...congrats!! When I do booths, I personally convince a friend to come help that doesn't sell PC. That way there is no splitting of sales/shows. Then I'll "pay" her by paying for a getaway for us :) Then I can decide everything...complete control! :balloon: (translated...my complete chaos that works out in the end is only witnessed by my best friend) ;)

Related to What to Do When a $260 Order Comes in Unexpectedly

What do I do when I receive an unexpected $260 order?

First, take a deep breath and don't panic. This is a great opportunity for your business!

Do I need to contact the customer right away?

Yes, it's important to reach out to the customer as soon as possible to confirm the order and thank them for their purchase. You can also use this opportunity to ask them if they would like to host a party or if they have any other friends who might be interested in our products.

What if the customer wants to cancel or change their order?

If the customer wants to cancel or make changes to their order, be sure to accommodate their request and provide excellent customer service. This will help to build a positive relationship with the customer and increase the likelihood of future orders.

Should I offer any promotions or incentives for the unexpected order?

It's always a good idea to show your appreciation to customers who place large unexpected orders. You can offer a small discount or free gift with their order to make them feel special and valued.

How can I use this unexpected order to grow my business?

This is a great opportunity to reach out to the customer and offer them the opportunity to host a party or join your team as a consultant. You can also ask them for a referral to friends and family who might be interested in our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • pamperedcheermom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
cheflorraine
  • jillbean
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies