• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Inventory Is an Obstacle-Long

In summary, the consultant said that she lost a big show because she didn't have expensive inventory like her last DS experience. She is dissapointed but who knows maybe she can get a booking for her.
pamperedchef88
Gold Member
I love the fact that as a Pampered Chef consultant I dont have to stock expensive inventory (like my last DS experience). However it just caused me to loose a big show :( and I am so bumed.

I just had my second baby and I am ready to jump back in to PC full swing so I got the info for this show.

This show was a Holiday shopping event and the lady told me that having some kind of inventroy was a must cause a lady with another company last year only had a few things and ONLY sold $700 worth of stuff...My jaw dropped...I would love to sell that much at a booth.

When I called to check back about doing it she said she talked to people who knew more about what we do and she said that its probably a NO that I cant come because I would need a ton of inventory for the event. (I could get some but not much)

The good news is she said that she liked the products so much that she said she wouldnt rule it out andd that I could check back with her every couple of weeks just to see if they had changed her mind. So basically she really really wants me but isnt sure she can make an exception.

I am really dissapointed but who knows maybe I can get a booking for her. I really need a pick me up after this loss.

I have only been doing PC since Feb and have only done catalog shows since June I dont have alot of old hosts any ideas of how to handel situations like this.

I've never heard anyone demand you have to have inventory on hand to sell. Yes sometimes it's helpful but in the event of the booth I did this last weekend, they require you to collect sales tax on all items sold and I didn't want to deal with that so I just took orders for people.

Our guarantee is not transferable. We have over 400 products. The weight and size of the larger products is a hinderance in a booth. Pampered Chef has been doing booths for almost 30 years and they encourage us not to have stock. Personally, I have spices on hand since they are guaranteed to get to you and most people don't want to wait for the spices. Since most places get their products within a week of ordering, I don't understand what her hold up is. I would go over the above points and ask her why you must have inventory. If she still says you have to, tell her no thanks. Then go to your local newspaper and look through the holiday boutiques and start calling the people listed to see if they need a PC rep.

I would explain to her that one of the great things about TPC is the warranty, and when you operate on a "cash & carry" basis, there is NO warranty, and anyone familiar with TPC would rather place an order and have their warranty...

Thats a good point. Thanks

Is this a big event or something inside her home? what gives her the right to make that call? Is she asking for a cut of the profits? Because I don't really see why it's any of her business whether you have inventory on hand or not, unless she is asking for a percentage of the day's sales. The red flag for me is her comment about last year's sales.

The only reason that makes sense to me is if the event takes a percentage of your profit on sales from the booth.

Even if you did have inventory, it wouldn't be what they want. Stock up on ice cream scoops? They will want food choppers. Stock up on food choppers? They will want ice cream scoops. Or mini spatulas. Or something else you didn't stock.

About the only thing I would buy for this type of event is Season's Best. It could count as inventory to satisfy the inventory requirement, and you can put a sticker with your contact info on the back. Buy them on a supply order for 10/$6.00 and charge the catalog price of $1 each. This is an item that you really don't have to worry about the guarantee. Most people enjoy them, $1 is not too much, and any leftovers can be given as host gifts.

The only reason I can see that the sponsor/contact has for requiring inventory is that she's advertising the event as a cash and carry kind of thing, ie. "get all of your holiday shopping done at once." Still, with the explanations that others have given, I bet you could talk her into letting you participate.

Related to No Inventory Is an Obstacle-Long

1. What does "No Inventory Is an Obstacle-Long" mean?

"No Inventory Is an Obstacle-Long" is a phrase used at Pampered Chef to emphasize the fact that our consultants do not need to carry inventory or hold any stock of products. This means that our consultants do not have to invest in product inventory upfront, making it easier for them to start and grow their business without any obstacles.

2. How does Pampered Chef handle inventory if consultants do not carry it?

Pampered Chef has a unique business model where we handle all inventory and shipping directly to the customer. When a consultant makes a sale, the customer places an order through the consultant's personalized website. The order is then shipped directly to the customer from our warehouses, eliminating the need for consultants to carry any inventory.

3. Can consultants still make a profit without inventory?

Yes, consultants can still make a profit without carrying any inventory. Since consultants do not have to invest in inventory upfront, they can focus on building their business and earning commission on each sale. Our consultants also have the opportunity to earn bonuses and incentives based on their sales and team performance.

4. Are there any limitations to not having inventory?

No, there are no limitations to not having inventory as a Pampered Chef consultant. Our consultants have access to our full product line and can offer the same products and promotions as consultants who carry inventory. We also have a large inventory and fast shipping, so our consultants can provide a seamless and efficient shopping experience for their customers.

5. How can not having inventory benefit consultants?

Not having inventory can benefit consultants in several ways. It allows them to start their business with low overhead and minimal risk. They also do not have to worry about managing and storing inventory, freeing up their time to focus on building their business. Additionally, not having inventory allows consultants to offer a wider range of products and promotions to their customers without any limitations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
aPamperedBride
  • jmerda
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
lindsaym
  • MaggieChef13