• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Do/Pitcher Fell and Broke

In summary, a customer's brand new Quick Stir pitcher fell off the top of the fridge and a piece broke off. HO said they don't cover this. The customer is trying to think of a solution that will give her a very positive opinion of me and PC.
JAE
I had a customer just call and tell me her brand new Quick Stir pitcher fell off the top of the fridge and a piece broke off. HO said they don't cover this. I know this isn't my fault, but this is a customer who I called yesterday and she said "no" to ever having a show. I'm trying to think of a solution that will give her a very positive opinion of me and PC. Maybe she'll change her mind about ever having a show. She just received this pitcher about 2 weeks ago. What would you do?

Call HO again and ask for a supervisor. Point out that we stress our guarantee and that it was just received - within the first 30 days. Be nice about it with her (not saying you wouldn't be) - you know, the bees and honey thing...

No brilliant insight, but here are my thoughts...
You could replace the pitcher for her, but that would be setting a very expensive precident. After all, even though it was an accident, it wasn't due to a defect in the product or poor service on your part. Sometimes things like this just happen. But don't beat yourself up about it. There are just some cases, that regardless of how much we want to make it right for the customer, we just can't. I'm still learning that "good customer service" doesn't mean bending over backwards for EVERY customer ALL of the time. It means being honest, diligent, responsible and dedicated. Even when I don't get the answer I really want, seeing these qualities in someone and knowing they did everything they could usually mean more to me anyway. THAT is good customer service.

I say call back and speak to a supervisor. I have heard on here of trifle being replaced b/c of them being dropped, I would think a pitcher would too.

OFF THE TOP OF THE FRIDGE???
i'D EXPECT IT TO BREAK AND NOT HAVE IT COVERED UNDER THE WARRANTY.

Teresa Lynn said:
OFF THE TOP OF THE FRIDGE???
i'D EXPECT IT TO BREAK AND NOT HAVE IT COVERED UNDER THE WARRANTY.
I know. I sort of agree, but Tupperware....

I agree - call and ask to speak to a supervisor......when speaking to a supervisor, I have never had a return turned down for any reason!

My customer called HO and asked to speak to a supervisor before I suggested that or did it myself. The supervisor did not answer, and her voice mail said "I will be out of the office, July 12, 13 and 14" or something like that. And it was after 5:00 Chicago time. She left the supervisor a message. I told her I would call tomorrow if I didn't hear from her that HO called her back. We'll see.

I've never had HO ask why something needs to be returned. I just say that a customer has a broken pitcher. Seems to work.

Maybe offer to replace it for her if she books a show!:p

I thought of that, but it seems sooo manipulative.

i don't think PC will cover it. i had a host opening up the simple additions package and it fell out of her hand broke in 3 places. PC said unless it was broken in shipment, they couldn't do anything about it.

Playing phone tag with HO supervisor. I am really bummed about this. I wish I would have just told my customer that breakage because of dropping it is not covered. Now, we are both "vested" way too much in HO hopefully replacing it. UGH!

Well, nothing so far. I'm playing phone tag with a supervisor. I'm not going to let this happen again. It's just hanging over my head.

I was thinking the same thing as PCJenni. Tell her that you will try again and get a different operator --really sometimes a different operator gives a different answer. Also, tell her if that doesn't get it replaced, you would love to do a party for her and her friends and as a special thank you to her, you will gift her a new Quick Stir Pitcher. I don't think that is manipulative, just practical for both and it gives her the chance to take advantage of all the great hostess benefits.

We have talked to , or I should say left messages with, at least two supervisors. I will offer to do a show, but she did already say "no" to ever having one. She doesn't go to shows, she doesn't have shows. She just likes our products, so much that she bought two pitchers so she could give one away.

JAE said:
We have talked to , or I should say left messages with, at least two supervisors. I will offer to do a show, but she did already say "no" to ever having one. She doesn't go to shows, she doesn't have shows. She just likes our products, so much that she bought two pitchers so she could give one away.

Wanna hear something funny? I was her! At one point in my life I didn't go to shows, I didn't have shows, but I loved PC, and always made an outside order when someone invited me to a show.......BUT - I NEVER had a consultant who actually kept in contact with me, and provided any kind of customer service - so you never know what could happen by working through this with her!

btw - did you try an online adjustment?

I don't tell HO why something needs replaced, just that it does. I always do online adjustments when I can. If HO doesn't replace it & she doesn't want a show, offer to give her 10% off for her troubles to order a new one.

For the record, I had a great customer who told me that there was NO WAY she would ever have a show...and now she had 2 in 3 months...one was over $800, and the other one was $700+. Don't give up on her! Offer her the monthly host special...you just never know!!

No advice on the QSP - just had to offer my opinion on the show thing!

My advice is to do an online adjustment as well. I certainly am not someone who ever wants to "bend the truth" but anytime I have a product that needs replaced, I don't tell them HOW it broke, either...just that it's broken and my customer needs it replaced!

What is the update?
Did HO agree to a replacement?
Teresa

I also do virtually all returns thru online adjustment. Quite honestlyl, I try not to ask to many questions about how a product was broken (exception stoneware...I do try to learn how a product broke so I can educate if it was due to product use). I have also done my fair share of assisting customers when I knew it was most likley operator error rather than product defect. In those cases, I don't promise the return authorization, I say "I will do my best...but when it is not the product that is at issue, PC has the right to decline to replace the item".

That said, I hope I never become the person who tries to guilt trip a consultant into returning something that was clearly the fault of the customer. Falling from the fridge and expecting replacement just because she'd only had it two weeks? Two weeks or two months or two years, does the lenght of time really matter? It fell from a fridge top. The pitcher surely didn't get legs and those legs then malfunctioned. Geez. IMO: the expectation that she was entitled to a new one is sad. Asking if it was covered is one thing, but expecting it to be covered is another.

1. What do I do if my pitcher fell and broke while using it?

If your Pampered Chef pitcher breaks while in use, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-342-6843 for assistance. Our team will be happy to help replace the broken pitcher or provide a refund.

2. Can I still use the remaining pieces of the broken pitcher?

No, we do not recommend using any remaining pieces of a broken Pampered Chef pitcher. It is important to discard all broken pieces to avoid any potential hazards or injuries.

3. Is there a warranty for Pampered Chef pitchers?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a limited lifetime warranty for our pitchers. If your pitcher breaks or becomes damaged due to normal use, we will replace it for you. Please contact our customer service team for assistance.

4. How do I prevent my pitcher from breaking in the future?

To prevent your Pampered Chef pitcher from breaking, it is important to handle it with care and avoid dropping it. We also recommend avoiding extreme temperature changes, such as going from hot to cold or vice versa, as this can cause the pitcher to crack or break.

5. Can I return a broken pitcher to a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, you can return a broken Pampered Chef pitcher to a consultant for a replacement or refund. However, we recommend contacting our customer service team first for the quickest resolution. If you do return it to a consultant, please provide them with your original receipt or proof of purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithhart
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
LadyGhee
  • krzymomof4