• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm Probably Going to Regret This ....

In summary, last week at a fair, the speaker gathered several contacts and received a call from one lady who was interested in purchasing items. After discussing the items, the lady requested the speaker to front the money for her due to past experiences of not receiving items she paid for. The speaker agreed, hoping to gain the trust of the customer. However, she made it clear that this would be a one-time deal and she would return the items if not paid for on the day they arrive. The speaker also mentioned that she is in a tough financial situation this month. The conversation then shifts to a discussion about hosting a party and the speaker's upcoming fair where she plans to have direct shipping for orders. The speaker also mentions that some customers
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Last week, I worked at a fair, and gathered several contacts. I started to call several of them this evening.

One lady was really excited and wanted several items ... after much chatter about it, however, it boiled down to the quick stir pitcher and mix and chop. HOWEVER ... she said she had been burned before and paid for items she never got ... so now she wants ME to front the money for her.

I should have said NO but a) I have a party that didn't qualify and needs to be sent in soon and b) this may be a way to gain the trust of a customer.

I made it very clear that I am paying for this out of my own pocket, but I wouldn't do it twice, and I would send it back if I do not get paid for it the day it arrives.

At least it's only $29!

Di_Can_Cook said:
Last week, I worked at a fair, and gathered several contacts. I started to call several of them this evening.

One lady was really excited and wanted several items ... after much chatter about it, however, it boiled down to the quick stir pitcher and mix and chop. HOWEVER ... she said she had been burned before and paid for items she never got ... so now she wants ME to front the money for her.

I should have said NO but a) I have a party that didn't qualify and needs to be sent in soon and b) this may be a way to gain the trust of a customer.

I made it very clear that I am paying for this out of my own pocket, but I wouldn't do it twice, and I would send it back if I do not get paid for it the day it arrives.

At least it's only $29!

As long as it is a one-time deal. Otherwise, I'd direct her to place an individual order on your website that ships directly to her.

Diane...

as long as it's getting delivered to you, I don't see a problem with it. Like you said, if she doesn't pay you right away, just call and return it so you get your money (well...minus shipping) back!

Janet's idea is a good one! (sending her to your PWS)

I will keep my fingers crossed that this works out for you!!

Yup, it's being delivered to me.

The host of the party I am trying to close did not do well at ALL ... even with this order she's still about $35 short. I sold a tiny bit of my cash and carry so I am going to use that to get an insulated tote and get some other tiny item just so the show can close.

Just kind of tough because this is NOT a good month for me financially at all!

Oh, and she's just not the kind of person who goes online, but I will tell her about it in the future just the same.

At least both of those items are things you can easily sell too. But I can understand in a way. I've known of a couple of consultants lately that take a whole show and spend the money! They intend to get the money back and submit it, but that doesn't always work. Not a good game to play.

I am going to work my first fair next Saturday evening - just wondered is that what you usually do is take the money for orders or do you have everyone's orders shipped directly to them?

Welll, nobody ordered at the actual fair. Four said they wanted to have shows (one of whom took a packet for her book show that day) and the others just gave me info in exchange for a catalog. Some were more excited than others.

I often avoid direct shipping because a) it costs the customer extra money and b) it takes the "personal touch" out of it. This host wants to see some items up front, too ...

Tami_Dannemiller said:
I am going to work my first fair next Saturday evening - just wondered is that what you usually do is take the money for orders or do you have everyone's orders shipped directly to them?
When I get orders at a fair (which isn't at every one), I usually have them direct-shipped, but only charge the customer the show shipping. I cover the difference. Many people are nervous about someone they don't know coming to their home to deliver products, even though they'll give that same person their address on an order. Go figure.

chefann said:
When I get orders at a fair (which isn't at every one), I usually have them direct-shipped, but only charge the customer the show shipping. I cover the difference. Many people are nervous about someone they don't know coming to their home to deliver products, even though they'll give that same person their address on an order. Go figure.

I haven't had that problem. I have most fair orders shipped to me (offer it as a service and savings to them) and then if they live more than 15 minutes from me I tell them we can meet somewhere to give delivery - I tell them it will save both of us on the gas. I never have a problem with that - they are happy to save the $$ and thank me for meeting them. I think they assume they would have had to come to my house otherwise and I saved them that. Whatever, it gives me a chance to connect again with them.

chefann said:

That is what I do too - but I do it that way because I'm lazy, and don't like running all over the county delivering products!:p If they live within a few miles of me, I will have it shipped to my house, and then deliver it. Usually, no one is home when I deliver.

BethCooks4U said:
I haven't had that problem. I have most fair orders shipped to me (offer it as a service and savings to them) and then if they live more than 15 minutes from me I tell them we can meet somewhere to give delivery - I tell them it will save both of us on the gas. I never have a problem with that - they are happy to save the $$ and thank me for meeting them. I think they assume they would have had to come to my house otherwise and I saved them that. Whatever, it gives me a chance to connect again with them.

You're lucky you can do that. Seems like most of the people I meet aren't willing to drive AT ALL to pick up products.

Related to I'm Probably Going to Regret This ....

1. What is "I'm Probably Going to Regret This ...."?

"I'm Probably Going to Regret This ...." is a popular cookbook created by Pampered Chef. It features a variety of delicious and easy-to-make recipes that are perfect for busy individuals and families.

2. What types of recipes are included in "I'm Probably Going to Regret This ...."?

This cookbook includes a wide range of recipes, including appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, desserts, and more. There are also options for vegetarians and those with dietary restrictions.

3. Are the recipes in "I'm Probably Going to Regret This ...." difficult to make?

No, the recipes in this cookbook are designed to be easy and approachable for all levels of cooking experience. They use simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions to ensure success in the kitchen.

4. Can I purchase "I'm Probably Going to Regret This ...." in stores?

Currently, "I'm Probably Going to Regret This ...." is only available for purchase through Pampered Chef consultants. You can find a consultant in your area by visiting the Pampered Chef website.

5. Can I use Pampered Chef products to make the recipes in "I'm Probably Going to Regret This ...."?

Yes, many of the recipes in this cookbook were created specifically for use with Pampered Chef products. However, you can also use similar products from other brands if you do not have Pampered Chef items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenniferlynne
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
elizabethfox
  • regina_graham
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • lkspeir