• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Pack for a Disney Trip?

In summary, Kristi is preparing for her upcoming trip to Disney with her husband and two daughters. She has thought of a few things that they will need, such as clothes, sunscreen, snacks, and a flashlight. She is also considering bringing extra socks and shoes, a hat for the boys, flip flops, and a bathing suit.
chefkathy
Let's all help each other not forget things!

What are you packing?

No kidding.
So far I am making my list..
clothes and pj's ( of course)
swimsuits
flip flops and sandals, tennis shoes
sunscreen
water
snacks
princess dresses for the Perfectly Princess Tea Party
camera
glo sticks ( thank you for the tip!)
Ok.. that is getting me started.
Next!

Besides the normal "clothes" stuff, here are other things I've thought of:

rain ponchos
Disney towels
my little PC tote bag from one of the cruises (I use this every time at Disney)
small umbrellas
my daughter's two princess dresses
plastic bags (I just like having extras for "stuff")
cell phone & cell phone chargers
camera and camera charger
itinerary from PC (has all my dining reservation confirmation #s on it)
print up of confirmations (airline, hotel)
kids' Mickey Mouse ears from Christmas
windbreakers/sweatshirts (who knows if we'll need 'em)
bathing suits
sunscreen
hand-held little flashlights or LED lights (if kids get scared on dark rides)

I'm sure there's more, but these were some of the things I've thought of

ooh, like the flashlight idea!

Wow!! You guys are so prepared!! I feel like a slacker!! LOL! I probably won't even think about packing until the Wed or so before we leave. God help me!

Chef Kearns said:
Wow!! You guys are so prepared!! I feel like a slacker!! LOL! I probably won't even think about packing until the Wed or so before we leave. God help me!

haha! that's what I was thinking! :)

I went to Universal yesterday and TRUST me, it's HOT already. My dh and I kept saying how miserably hot it'll be at our Disney trip. So, we thought of a couple ideas. Wear light colored clothing, bring an extra pair of socks/shoes just in case your first pair get wet on a ride like Splash Mountain. Hair ties, a hat for boys, flip flops for the pool at the hotel.

The parks are busy already so be prepared!!

how hot is hot Kristi.. is it humid?

pampmomof3 said:
haha! that's what I was thinking! :)

I went to Universal yesterday and TRUST me, it's HOT already. My dh and I kept saying how miserably hot it'll be at our Disney trip. So, we thought of a couple ideas. Wear light colored clothing, bring an extra pair of socks/shoes just in case your first pair get wet on a ride like Splash Mountain. Hair ties, a hat for boys, flip flops for the pool at the hotel.

The parks are busy already so be prepared!!

Yes, I plan on bringing extra socks/undies for when we get wet from rides or just too sweaty! Wet socks=blisters and that's not fun for anyone.

pcjenni said:
how hot is hot Kristi.. is it humid?

Oh yes, it's hot! Just returned home from a bike ride and I have sweat dripping down my body! Yuck! It's 83 right now but feels like 85. Humidity is at 58% right now but in 2 weeks, much hotter!
Here's a link to check weather when it gets closer.
http://www.wftv.com/weather/index.html

DebbieJ said:
Yes, I plan on bringing extra socks/undies for when we get wet from rides or just too sweaty! Wet socks=blisters and that's not fun for anyone.

yeah, my 9 y.o. went on a water ride yesterday and didn't take his socks/tennis shoes off before the ride. Needless to say his feet were very wrinkled by the time we left.

thanks, I am in Southern California, more desert climate. It gets over 100 here in the later summer, late July to October, but no humidity at all. So humidity is hard for me to handle.

pcjenni said:
thanks, I am in Southern California, more desert climate. It gets over 100 here in the later summer, late July to October, but no humidity at all. So humidity is hard for me to handle.

Jenni, I used to live in SoCal and have family in South Florida. It's TOTALLY different.

In SoCal, I could walk outside in 100 degree heat and barely be bothered. In FL, I wilt. The humidity is killer.

I am with you on that Deb! I can do hot but the humidity is horrible. Of course Maui is going to be the same thing next year! Ohhh such problems we have when we get a FREE vacation!

This is great to start a packing list. I'm so wrapped up with so much going on that I haven't thought about it. We leave a day early, going out on the 12th.
One thing on my packing list so far is:
The boys lanyards from their first trip to Disney, so they can do some more pin trading.
Got some water bottles to re fill.
I also have on my list our disney mugs from last time we stayed in Disney. I was told they are good for life for refills at any disney resort.

This sounds totally dorky, but a friend who is a Disney enthusiast recommended a fanny pack. I know, I know! But that way your valuables/money/park tickets/hotel cards are always on you. This is especially important for those of us who will be pushing strollers--you can park the stroller with the diaper bag in it knowing that you have your valuables on you.

DebbieJ said:
This sounds totally dorky, but a friend who is a Disney enthusiast recommended a fanny pack. I know, I know! But that way your valuables/money/park tickets/hotel cards are always on you. This is especially important for those of us who will be pushing strollers--you can park the stroller with the diaper bag in it knowing that you have your valuables on you.

I'm a dork. I wear a fanny pack at Disney. Hate it - but it's practical.
Oh - and a few zippy bags for cell phones and other things u dont want getting wet.

What should I pack for my Disney vacation?

When packing for your Disney vacation, it is important to consider the weather, activities planned, and the length of your stay. Some essentials to pack include comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen, hats, and rain gear. You may also want to bring a refillable water bottle to stay hydrated throughout the day. Don't forget to pack any necessary medication and a first aid kit as well.

Do I need to bring my own snacks and water to the parks?

While outside food and drinks are allowed in the parks, Disney also offers a variety of food and beverage options throughout the parks. Many guests find it more convenient and cost-effective to purchase snacks and meals at the park. However, if you have specific dietary restrictions or preferences, it may be beneficial to bring your own snacks and water.

What type of clothing should I pack for my Disney vacation?

The type of clothing you pack for your Disney vacation will depend on the time of year and weather forecast. It is always a good idea to pack layers in case of changing temperatures. Comfortable and breathable clothing is recommended for long days of walking and standing in the parks. You may also want to pack a hat or sunglasses for sun protection.

Can I bring a stroller into the parks?

Yes, strollers are allowed in the Disney parks. However, there are size restrictions and strollers must be collapsible. It is also important to note that strollers are not allowed on certain rides and may need to be parked in designated areas. You can also rent strollers at the park if you prefer not to bring your own.

What are some items I should not pack for my Disney vacation?

Disney has a list of prohibited items that are not allowed in the parks, such as weapons, drones, and selfie sticks. Additionally, glass containers, coolers, and large bags or backpacks may also not be allowed. It is recommended to review the full list of prohibited items on Disney's website before your trip to avoid any issues at the park entrance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefLisa
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • ktraceyk
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
PampMomof3