• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Feature at My Fundraising Booth for the Light the Night Walk?

price" of $1 each. I am currently averaging $5 a ticket. I have a total of 350 tickets. The team that raises the most money will win a trip to Cancun. The team that raises the second most money will win a trip to Vegas. The team that raises the third most money will win a trip to Hawaii. The team that raises the fourth most money will win a trip to Puerto Rico. The team that raises the fifth most money will win a trip to St. Croix. The team that raises the sixth most money will win a trip to the Virgin Islands. The team that raises the seventh most money will win a trip to Orlando. The team that raises the
sigmaqt95
I just found out that I am going to be able to be part of the fundraising opportunites for walkers for our local chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Light the Night Walk. I guess it helps that I have worked their part time for the last few months and also have volunteered for them for years :D
The campaign manager is going to let me have a booth at her upcoming team kick off event and also put something in all of the packets that go out. This is an awesome opportunity for me and will enable me to have mutiple fundraisers because of the number of teams that are participating. It should be very cool and is a win/win situation for both parties.

The kick off is next Wednesday and so I need to get my booth in place fast. What should I have there to promote the fundraising opportunity?

Any suggestions or examples of a small flyer or postcard to include in the packets?

Thanks!
Jen

I put in the catalog and I put my flyer and explanation taped to the front--I also put food at my table!!!

I give 25% and $20 for each booking

hope it works out --the most I've had at a relay event was 4 or 5 of 15 teams--this year only 1:D

a little confused???I don't understand this - "I give 25% and $20 for each booking"- do you do this in addition to what the company does?

They already have 27 team captains registered to come to the kick of party. This is a huge walk- 3,500 walkers or so.

I make sure the total donation is 25%--so i have to give 10-15% of my commission to them--they get $20 for each booking --$3 from PC and $17 from me when show is held

I feel it is the only way I can compete--because 10% of $500 in sales is $50--I could get someone to donate $50 to my club and not bother with a fundraiser (I've been pres of several and wouldn't even look at something that was only 10-15%)

just my 2 cents:D

I agree with Susan and have totally stopped promoting the fundraiser program. It is not competetive with other companies, and I am not going to waste my time trying to talk someone into doing a fundraiser that I don't believe in. I would have information available at your booth, but if you focus on fundraisers instead of cooking shows you might miss a huge opportunity. Maybe just put up a poster board that says "Pampered Chef fundraising opportunities now available! Ask me for details!" Then have the HO fundraiser flyer available. Good luck!

I've posted elsewhere--how expensive it is to do a fundraiser after we buy the catalogs and packets--give of our commission to be competive--Example--gave out 94 packets to a football moms club (all boys took one home)--20 moms participated--$3200 show

Gave 75 packets to a H.S. band --they said only give that many --170 in band but not all participate--end of Feb--can't use the catalogs I did get back and it was a $750 fundraiser--even went to these mtgs.....

I only do the fundraisers for points--in case one may be big

:D

Chef susan said:
I only do the fundraisers for points--in case one may be big

What does that mean? What points? Like sales points for incentive trips? Sorry for the questions, but I don't understand that!

Like points for a trip or monthly incentive--because I don't make much $$ on them--just to get my name out to a lot of people at once:D

I don't give our fundraiser flyer--has to be one I made up--which i may have gotten on here

I guess you would have to have your own flyer since the HO one says 10-15%! I have literally had people laugh out loud when they read that part of the flyer!!

I am not sure how the Light the Night works - Does each participant raise money individual or are they in teams??. I am more familiar with the Team in Training program. Email me privately and we will talk. [email protected]

FundraiserI need to know if anyone has the flyer on how much you can make on fundrasers
if you have xx peolple and they sell xx you will make xx for your organization I have seen this flyer if anyone has it can you please post it thank- you Doreen Zaino
[email protected]

I am currently doing a fundraiser with Light the Night. Here's what we are doing. I made up ten packets. Each packet includes a book of ten raffle tickets, a catalog and a flyer outlining how much the team will make.

The tickets are selling for a "suggested donation" of $10 each. When all 100 tickets are sold, we are going to take 50% of the sales and draw four winners to get a $125 shopping spree with Pampered Chef. The other 50% of sales goes directly to the Light The Night team that I am working with. I've also included prizes for most tickets sold, most people who referred guests to the website to order, and most bookings booked.

That is a great idea Amanda! I will definetly do that next time for a fundraiser!! What a great idea! What happens to the FPV that you get from the orders of the winners? Do you run it as a fundraiser or show in PP?

Thank for this idea, and I think it is so cute how you have your future name on there like that!! I wish I had so much excitement still three years in! Good luck with your fundraiser and your upcoming marriage.

Gillian~Right now they have sold 40 of the 100 tickets...so sales are at $400. Ok..call me silly, but what is FPV? I'm trying to figure it out and just can't. I'll enter the four winners that are drawn into Pampered Partner. If all tickets are sold, it will be a $500 fundraiser (with the other $500 going to Light the Night). I will enter it as a fund raiser i think, just so that they can get the additional money from PC.

ok..FREE PRODUCT VALUE... what will happen is this. The chairperson of the fundraiser will give me 50% of sales (hopefully $500). That will be used for payment on each of the four winners ($125 each). The tickets indicate that the winners have to pay for shipping/tax. Any additional orders via website or outside order forms just gets tacked on to the $500 show. I'm still debating if i should enter it as a fundraiser or a show. I guess I will wait and see if all 100 tickets are sold and if there are any outside orders. If there are and they would profit more by me just giving them a percentage of the proceeds, then i may just do that. I believe this team also does a silent auction so if I enter it as a show I will probably let the chairperson choose the FPV as items to donate to the action. I'll keep you posted on how it all turns out

mandydollie said:
Each packet includes a book of ten raffle tickets, a catalog and a flyer outlining how much the team will make.

I have a friend who is the organizer for one of our local Light the Night walks and she is interested in doing a PC fundraiser. I like the sound of this fundraiser since the group will get more money this way.

Do you have the raffle ticket books and flyer that you are able to post, for people to look at?

TIA

Tracy

My Raffle TicketsHere is what I used for my fundraiser...hopefully these help!

Attachments

• Fundraiser packets.doc
    47.5 KB · Views: 820
  • Raffle Ticket #2.doc
    39 KB · Views: 592
Thank you so much for posting these. They are wonderful, and you did a really good job explaining the raffle. I was having a hard time with it. I am meeting with my friend today to go over this fundraiser.

Tracy

Thanks Tracy~ Good Luck with your raffle! I think by doing the fundraiser this way, you have a better chance of getting more money for the group. Just think if you could sell 200 tickets, you'd have a $1000 show by keeping 50% of the proceeds for the winners. I would try and sell as many tickets as you can. I'm hoping that my gal calls me and says that all 100 are sold and she needs 100 more. I could really use that! Best of luck. Let me know how your fundraiser turns out!Amanda

this is great!Thanks...I think this is a better way to do fundraisers! I just got started but want to push this for an ACS gala I'm involved with...and this seems like a better way to be able to give them more $$!

Thanks for posting these files! Do you just print the tickets out onto cardstock?

yeah, I used cardstock and then cut them apart. Put ten in a booklet and stapled one end! They turned out pretty well.

mandydollie said:
Here is what I used for my fundraiser...hopefully these help!

What are you putting on the raffle tickets?

mandydollie said:
Here is what I used for my fundraiser...hopefully these help!

What are you putting on the raffle tickets?

Susan, the raffle tickets are attached to a message up above.

Mandy - the raffle tickets are attached above, but they are blank!

Payment?Another question...I'm sure most ppl pay cash for their tickets, but do you have them write the checks out to you? And are ppl okay for that? Most charity raffles are written to the charities themselves for the write-off....

thanks!

I just opened the files and they are not blank, but I had to go into print preview to see them (not sure why that is). I also went under the view menu and changed it to print layout and was able to edit. If you would like me to e-mail them to you, let me know. If people wrote checks, we had them written out to the chairperson of the event. She said that no one has questioned it since the tickets say that all proceeds benefit the charity.

Thanks Mandy. I got it to work. I just had to save it to my computer first. They still "save" blank, but you are right - when I clicked on "print preview" I was able to see the text. Wierd.....but it's there!

Thanks Mandy!

FYI, I am a fundraiser in my "day job"...if you are "spending" some of the funds raised on the shopping sprees, then all proceeds are technically not benefiting the charity. You might be better to say "a portion of" or even in this case "50%" to be on the up and up. Just a thought!

Thanks again for the great ideas!

Thanks for that tip Lisa. I guess when the chairperson and I made them up, we just figured since half of the money was going towards the charity that all of that half was going... ha ha... just shows that we didn't think it through. I'll remember that next time.

No problem Mandy! Happy to help.

Oh another tip you may want to know: if your "prizes" ever exceed $599, your winners would have to report to the IRS the value...that's the total value of the raffle so even if they only win a slice they have to report on taxes. But you are fine with a $500 drawing!

Thanks again for the great idea! I would love to try this with some groups in my area.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bethany.harapat
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • alc1004
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • jj16