• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Recipes Can I Make with Dried Fruit?

In summary, my mom just brought over three bags of dried fruit to the house, and I was wondering if there are any good recipes that use them. I would hate for them to go to waste! Thanks for your help!
gratergirl
My mom just brought over three bags of dried fruit....mixed berries, mango and cherries. The only thing I've ever used is dried cranberries, in stuffing. Does anyone have any good recipes that you have to use dried fruit in???? I'd hate for them to go to waste! Thanks for your help!:)

Dont have the recipes, but they are great in muffins & bread.....

I use them all the time in oatmeal! Just put them in with the water as you set it to boil, and the fruit will be nice and soft after the oatmeal is done.

Hey! I just searched using 'dried fruit' in the recipe section of Consultants Corner and found this recipe... (there were several!) yum! Thanks for the idea.

Lattice Apple Fruit Bake
Ingredients:
1/2 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup water
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
6-7 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1/2 cup diced dried mixed fruit
1/2 package (17.25 ounces) frozen puff pastry sheets (1 sheet), thawed
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon
Vanilla ice cream or whipped topping (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Chop pecans using Food Chopper. In Small Batter Bowl, whisk brown sugar, water and flour until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk.

2. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer; slice in half crosswise. Place apple slices in Rectangular Baker. Sprinkle pecans and dried fruit over apples in Baker. Pour brown sugar mixture over apples; toss to coat evenly.

3. Unroll pastry onto Large Grooved Cutting Board; using lightly floured Baker's Roller™, roll pastry into a 10 x 12-inch rectangle. Using Pizza Cutter, cut pastry lengthwise into 10 1-inch strips. Place 5 strips lengthwise over apples. Cut remaining strips in half and place crosswise over apples.

4. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Bake 40-45 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.

Yield: 10 servings

We enjoy dried fruit in trail mix that we make
Warning!! my uncle loves apricots. we had dipped some in chocolate one year for the holiday trays he ate too many choosing them over cookies and candy , THEY EXPANDED IN HIS STOMACH CAUSING A BLOCKAGE WHICH REQUIRED SURGERY. so if you are giving them to toddlers and children be careful.

Pretty much anyplace you would use raisins, you can use other dried fruit.Make tropical oatmeal cookies!

Thanks to all you! I think I'll try the muffins and also that recipe from Toni! That sounds yummy! I never thoguht about searching for it on CC. Thanks again!

Since I am always a thread jacker anyway I will continue...

At my OB's office the other day they were eating dried kiwi. I had a piece and it was delicious. They got it out of a trail-mix type thing, but I really just want the kiwi. Does anyone know where to get dried kiwi? I looked at the supermarket but only found the usual bananas, mangoes, etc.

You might have to get yourself a dehydrator.Or try a camping supply company. My sister and BIL used to camp fairly often and would find all sorts of neat foods.

gilliandanielle said:
Since I am always a thread jacker anyway I will continue...

At my OB's office the other day they were eating dried kiwi. I had a piece and it was delicious. They got it out of a trail-mix type thing, but I really just want the kiwi. Does anyone know where to get dried kiwi? I looked at the supermarket but only found the usual bananas, mangoes, etc.

I would try a health food store or some type of food co-op.....

I have never even heard of dried kiwi!! Sounds delish!

Sorry, I am hijacking too!! My answer to the original question would have been to use them in muffins and/or breads....but that's already been said!!

:)

have you had dried pineapple?? I also put it in homemade granola and trail mix. I have never seen dried kiwi but would be very intersted in trying it so if anyone finds it please pass it on.

heather

Here is another-

http://www.driedfruitmall.com/discount-dried-kiwi-slices-p-359.html

Teresa Lynn said:
THEY EXPANDED IN HIS STOMACH CAUSING A BLOCKAGE WHICH REQUIRED SURGERY. so if you are giving them to toddlers and children be careful.

OMgosh.....Is he ok??? That's horrible! I would have never thought something like that could happen!

We love dried fruit. We just eat it as is.

Chicken w/dried fruitMy favorite chicken and dried fruit recipe, I make this a couple times in the year, for passover and again for sukkot (jewish holiday in the fall). I bet this would be great in the DCB.

Chicken w/dried fruit (jewish holiday cooking p 269)
JoyceGoldstein's Cornish Hens with apricots, tomatoes, and spices

Ingredients
  • Either a turkey breast & turkey leg or 1 cut up chicken & 1 chicken breast or 1 whole chicken
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 cup assorted dried fruit - coursley chopped
  • 6 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 quartered onions (I like vidalia)
  • 1 roasted garlic
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar (I frequently leave this out)
  • If turkey double amount of broth
  • 1 cooking bag (skip if doing this in the deep covered baker)
Directions
  • Soak dried fruit in broth for 30 minutes
  • Saute onions
  • Mix onions, dried fruit, broth, spices, tomatoes, & sugar if using together
  • Pour half the above mixture in the cooking bag
  • Put chicken/turkey in bag sitting on top of mixture
  • Pour the rest of the mixture in the cooking bag Seal bag, poke a few holes in bag (skip if using the DCB)
  • bake on 350 for the amount of time for amount & type of poultry

Last edited:
Put the fruit in a pot, add water to cover, bring to a boil then simmer for about 10 minutes or until soft. Serve with plain yogurt sweetened with just a bit of honey...drooooooool...fabulous for breakfast or dessert...

Robin

Related to What Recipes Can I Make with Dried Fruit?

1. Can I use any type of dried fruit in recipes?

Yes, you can use any type of dried fruit in recipes. Popular options include raisins, cranberries, apricots, and dates.

2. How do I rehydrate dried fruit?

To rehydrate dried fruit, simply soak it in warm water for about 15 minutes. Drain the excess water before using in your recipe.

3. Are dried fruits healthy?

Yes, dried fruits can be a healthy addition to your diet. They are a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. However, they can also be high in sugar, so it's important to consume them in moderation.

4. Can I substitute fresh fruit for dried fruit in a recipe?

Yes, you can substitute fresh fruit for dried fruit in most recipes. Keep in mind that the texture and flavor may be slightly different, so adjust accordingly.

5. How do I store dried fruit?

Dried fruit should be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. It can also be stored in the refrigerator or freezer for longer shelf life.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
katem51
Replies
Views
chefann
  • pamperedbecky
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies