• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Recipes Are You Doing for November??

In summary, Heather is offering easy entertaining recipes for the holidays. She is focusing on Caramel Apple Trifle or Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle. Her demos in September were successful. She is currently offering a Trifle and a hands-on activity. Rae liked the Caramel Apple Trifle better. She is offering a Trifle and a hands-on activity. The Trifle recipe is found at Chef Success.com. There is a suggestion to wrap the trifle in parchment paper and ribbon to take home.
Morvin
okay everyone what recipes are you doing for november? I kind of would like to know what Jan. host special is before to completely decide but i feel like it is takeing for ever for them to be released!!

heather

I just sent my November recipe list to my scheduled hosts for next month. My demo choices are: turkey & cranberry wreath, chicken & broccoli (ring or braid), turtle fudge skillet cake, or the pumpkin trifle. I'm focusing on easy entertaining recipes that are delicious and very presentable for the holidays.

I'm offering Caramel Apple Trifle or Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle. Got to generate buzz for those December bookings.

I had FANTASTIC shows in Sept with the 10 min Pork Tenderloin, so I was thinking of going back to that and somehow adding a Trifle--maybe bringing it premade?

Rae, could you post the recipe for the Caramel Apple Trifle? I couldn't find anything in the files...

Thanks!

A couple of my shows I am doing the Turkey & Cranberry wreath. I am doing the Tangy Pecan Brie OR the Crostini w toppings for one b/c the ladies need holidayish recipes for the "older" crowd.

I thought about premaking a Trifle as well but haven't decided yet.

I want to see the Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle recipe. Sound DELICIOUS!!!

For the Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle I plan to make 1 box of gingerbread according to directions. Cool, then cut into cubes.Make 1 large box of vanilla pudding according to directions and stir in 1 small can of pumpkin pie filling (not plain pumpkin). Thaw one 8 oz container of whipped topping.Put have of the gingerbread cubes in the bottom of the Trifle Bowl. Layer with half of the pumpkin/pudding mix. Cover with half of the whipped topping.Repeat layers. Sprinkle with Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles.

Still trying to earn more cookware so I'm doing the Turkey and Wild Rice Soup and Turkey biscuits with Micro Pumpkin Cake or a Trifle. I would like to serve the soup in our Coffee and more cups to promote the SA.

BUMP!!!

I'm all for the trifle thing...wanna have a bang of a December!
And am all for the Cookware thing...wanna get as many more cookware points as possible!!!

I was thinking about doing the pretzel wreaths as a hands on activity as guests arrive. Have any of you done this? And does the chocolate keep cooling and needing to be remicrowaved?
Does it use a lot of chocolate?
I was thinking I could bring Parchment paper, and ribbon, and write the guest's name on the parchment paper piece that they let it cool and set on, then tie with ribbon, wrape in a plastic bag or cellaphane...for them to take home.

thebowman said:
Still trying to earn more cookware so I'm doing the Turkey and Wild Rice Soup and Turkey biscuits with Micro Pumpkin Cake or a Trifle. I would like to serve the soup in our Coffee and more cups to promote the SA.
What are Turkey Biscuits?

Morvin said:
okay everyone what recipes are you doing for november? I kind of would like to know what Jan. host special is before to completely decide but i feel like it is takeing for ever for them to be released!!

heather

Oh! And did you see the January specials? More free products...not a 60% off.

Attachments

• hs_08jan.pdf
    171.4 KB · Views: 344
  • gs_08jan.pdf
    339.8 KB · Views: 272
pamperedlinda said:
What are Turkey Biscuits?

A few years ago, I saw them demoed at a "Cooking Show Live" at conference.....and I thought I would remember how to do them.....but I can't!:cry: They were so cute Linda! The consultant doing them formed biscuits (very simply) into little turkeys and baked them.......

Okay, so I finally made up the Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle. Wow! Here's the recipe:

1 box gingerbread, plus ingredients
1 large box vanilla pudding
3 c milk
1 large can pumpkin pie filling (not plain pumpkin)
1 16 oz container whipped topping
Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles

Make gingerbread according to directions. Cool. Cut into 1/2 inch cubes.

Mix pudding and milk. Add in pumpkin pie filling

In Trifle Bowl, layer half of gingerbread, then half of pumpkin mix, then half of whipped topping. Repeat.

Sprinkle Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles over top.

Last edited:
So, Rae - did you like this better than the one you made up???

I made them both up (unless I read the pumpkin one somewhere and don't remember). They're both great.I can't say I like one better than the other.It's just a matter of what tastes and textures you like best. With the Caramel Apple Trifle, the elements don't blend together as it sits. The apples stay crunchy. The pound cake stays firm and cake-like. In the Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle, the pumkin/pudding mix soaks into the gingerbread. It's very creamy.

Where is the recipe for the Turkey and Cranberry Wreath?? I want to make it for my show on Saturday, but haven't found it yet.

Turkey Cranberry Wreath

2 pkg. refrigerated crescent rolls
1/2 C. mayonnaise
2 T. honey Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
2 C. cooked turkey, chopped
1/2 C. celery, sliced
3 T. fresh parsley, snipped
1/2 C. dried cranberries
1 1/4 cups (5 oz) Swiss cheese, shredded
1 egg, separated

Preheat oven to 375°F.

Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. With wide ends of triangles toward the center. arrange 8 triangles in a circle on Large Round Stone. Corners of wide ends will touch and points will extend 1 inch beyond of baking stone. Arrange remaining 8 triangles in center. matching ends. Seal seams using pizza roller. (Points will overlap in center; do not seal.)

Combine in Classic Batter bowl or Stainless steel bowl, Turkey, 1 cup cheese, celery, cranberries, parsley, mayo, mustard, and pepper, mix well. Scoop filling evenly over each triangle.

Coarsely chop walnuts; sprinkle over filling. Beginning in center, lift one dough triangle across mixture. Continue alternating with outer triangle, slightly overlapping to form wreath. Tuck last end under first.

Separate egg over bowl. Beat egg white lightly; brush over dough. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top if you desire. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yields 8 servings or 16 if cut in half!

that sounds delicious! I wonder if you can also do a thanksgiving sandwich as well? (stuffing or Stove top, turkey, i.e. leftovers?)

I am doing a lot of the Baked Brie and/or the Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake.

Both are fast, affordable demo's which allows me to move on to other tools I want to show, OR, this time of the year, focus on gift ideas!

Not everyone will do their shows this way, but I try for very simple demo's, even one's that don't show tons of tools. This way I keep the recipe affordable for my host, know that the food will be decent for the guests and, again, gives me the opportunity to really feature products I want to talk about.

I have an approx. $475 show average and a consistent show schedule of 8-10 shows per month so feel this system works for me.

mmm that do sound good!!! I'm going to send it to my host today o see if it sounds good to her too!! Thanks!

So, I took the Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle to my temp job today.* They love it. There are a couple of women who don't generally like gingerbread, so they thought that part was a bit too spicy. However, everyone else loved it.

*They love me for my skills, but they really love me for my good cookin'.

In another thread I posted that I am making the pumpkin bread that is layered in the small batter bowl. I sold three Stoneware Mini Loaf Pans last night. Only sold one Small Batter Bowl, but I showed the Prep Bowl with Hershey's Kisses inside and a bow around it and a Bamboo Spooner on top. I talked about using them as gifts and getting 6 gifts from the one box of bowls. I sold three of those sets. I showed them with the cranberries and almonds inside, ready for the Festive Cranberry Crunch Bark, too. I always tell people that I call them "Martha Stewart Bowls". It went over well last night. I'll see how it works tomorrow night. Also, made the Southwestern Seasoning Dip served with tortilla chips.

I am doing one Brunch show and one Homemade for the Holidays show. That's the only cooking I have for now for November.

I have made a pumpkin trifle also, but in mine I use a Spice cake instead of the ginger bread. I put a cup of reg pumpkin in the vanilla pudding and then the 3rd layer is cool whip with the new sprinkles on top. It was easy and the guests loved it as well as how festive it looked.

working toward a prosperous November.

I am doing the Tangy pecan brie and the Caramel Chocolate Brownies!!!

So far, I don't have any cooking shows scheduled for November so I don't know. :( But I am getting some good ideas from this thread... I can't wait to try the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake!

I have a host that is requesting the Chicken Club Ring. I was thinking of cooking the chicken in the Deep Covered Baker to show it off. I really only need 3 boneless chicken breasts - I will probably season them with a little of one of our rubs first. Do you think this is a good idea - should I use the boneless breasts, or just regular chicken breasts? If so - how long do I cook these?

The other thought was to do the 30 min chicken and have it cooling as the guests arrive - then demo the ring. Any help or suggestions would be great! :)

I always cook my chicken breasts in the DCB now. I usually cook 3 and if they are big breasts (boneless, skinless always), then I will cut the leftover up into thin slices and put it on a small square and let the guests sample that. I pour out some of the broth and use my salad choppers to chop the chicken right in the DCB. It works great. Just don't pour out all the broth, it is way to dry to do it that way.

chefruthie said:
I always cook my chicken breasts in the DCB now. I usually cook 3 and if they are big breasts (boneless, skinless always), then I will cut the leftover up into thin slices and put it on a small square and let the guests sample that. I pour out some of the broth and use my salad choppers to chop the chicken right in the DCB. It works great. Just don't pour out all the broth, it is way to dry to do it that way.

What a great idea - using the salad choppers right in the DCB - a marriage of 2 of my favorite products!:love: :love:

You are so smart Ruthie!

Great - THANK YOU Ruthie! Can you tell me how long it takes to cook them?

You are so smart Ruthie![/QUOTE]
Why thank you Becky :D !! That's a huge compliment! And by the way, so are you!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
What a great idea - using the salad choppers right in the DCB - a marriage of 2 of my favorite products!:love: :love:

You are so smart Ruthie!
Why thank you Becky :D ! I was in a bind because I forgot all of my knives at a show, and I looked around for something to chop the chicken with and there they were.....my handy Salad Choppers. That's all I use now to chop the meat with at my shows. It's great since I'm not making the salsa anymore. I sell loads of those and the people who already bought them see them working great with meat too!

Cindycooks said:
Great - THANK YOU Ruthie! Can you tell me how long it takes to cook them?
I cook 3 chicken breasts for 6 minutes then check temp with the pocket thermometer. Sometimes it takes 8 minutes. Make sure the temp is up to 170. I just put the lid back on and let them sit until I'm ready for them. Everyone is amazed at the steam that is still in there. I tell them the baker was keeping them hot and basting them for us til we were ready for them.
Love, love, love my DCB :love:

Related to What Recipes Are You Doing for November??

What recipes are you doing for November?

Our featured recipes for November include a delicious pumpkin bread, a savory turkey and vegetable pot pie, and a festive cranberry apple crisp. We also have several Thanksgiving side dish ideas, such as roasted sweet potatoes with maple pecan butter and green bean casserole with crispy shallots.

I kind of would like to know what Jan. host special is before to completely decide.

We understand the importance of knowing the host special before deciding on a party date. The January host special will be announced in mid-December, so stay tuned for more details!

Why is it taking so long for the November recipes to be released?

We apologize for any inconvenience the delay in releasing the November recipes may have caused. Our team is working hard to ensure that each recipe is perfected before sharing it with our customers. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Do you have any vegetarian or vegan options for November?

Yes, we have a variety of vegetarian and vegan recipes for November. Some options include a hearty lentil and vegetable soup, a quinoa and roasted vegetable salad, and a vegan pumpkin pie. We also have substitutions for any non-vegetarian ingredients in our featured recipes. Don't hesitate to ask your consultant for more details!

What are the benefits of hosting a party in November?

Hosting a party in November not only allows you to try our delicious featured recipes, but it also gives you the opportunity to earn free and discounted products. In addition, as a host, you will have access to exclusive host specials and promotions. Contact your consultant for more information on hosting a November party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Morvin
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Staci
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
higoobs
  • KellyRedHead