• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Other Home Based Businesses Are Out There?

In summary, a friend is planning a party for me and her other friends who are in the home-based business industry. I told her to rent a hall and have a variety of vendors there and advertise to the public. There are a few companies I am familiar with, but there may be others. The party was a success and raised $400 from door admission fees and a fashion show.
emmabelle47
A friend of mine has been planning on doing party for me and her other friends that do Mary Kay, etc. I told her to rent a hall and have a bunch of vendors there and advertise to the public. Anyway, whats the name of other home based businesses?

I did one similar in January. I am from Canada - so some of the names and companies might be different (but you get the idea):

Epicure (spices)
Home Interiors
Wall Words
HandBags
Ann's Expandable Tops
BeautiControl
Arbonne
Watkins
Stampin' Up/Creative Memories
Passion Party/Undercover Wear
Tupperware
PartyLite
Gold Canyon
Norwex
Nikken Home and Wellness
clothing co.
Princess House

HTH! :)

Premier, Lia Sophia, Tupperware, Longaberger, Discovery Toys, Tastefully Simple, Usborne Books, Partylite, Gold Canyon Candles, Arbonne, Southern Living, Swiss Colony Occasions, Stampin Up, Creative Memories, Beauti Control
That's all I can come up with right now.

The ones that I am familiar with are: Partylite, Lia Sophia (jewelry), Tastefully Simple, Longaberger, At Home America, Southern Living, there is one for scrapbooking but I can't seem to recall the name.

Avon Calling...

There's also Shacklee (vitamins and skincare). Creative Memories is one of the scrapbooking companies. Its the only one I know. I accidentally got an invite in the mail for a neighbor for one comapny I've never heard of... I'll have to look for it.

stefani2 said:
I did one similar in January. I am from Canada - so some of the names and companies might be different (but you get the idea):

Epicure (spices)
Home Interiors
Wall Words
HandBags
Ann's Expandable Tops
BeautiControl
Arbonne
Watkins
Stampin' Up/Creative Memories
Passion Party/Undercover Wear
Tupperware
PartyLite
Gold Canyon
Norwex
Nikken Home and Wellness
clothing co.
Princess House

HTH! :)

How did it work out for you? I was thinking of doing a Christmas In July theme.

How do you find consultants in your area to do something like this? I don't know any other direct selling consultants, as I am new to the area.

AlowayFamily said:
How do you find consultants in your area to do something like this? I don't know any other direct selling consultants, as I am new to the area.

Actually, I was wondering this myself!

most companies have somewhere on their website where you can ask to be contacted by a local consultant

Close to my Heart
Silpada
Cookie Lee
Simply Fun
Home and Garden Party
Country Bunny Bath and Body
Body Shop at Home
Slumber Party
Two Sisters Gourmet

It went good. We did it as a fundraiser for a local charity. That way, we received free/discount on our room/hall rent, free newspaper ad, etc. We had about 250 people come through (our town has a pop. of about 5,000 - so I figured we did well). We raised $400 JUST from Door Admission (we didn't state an Admission Fee - we just asked for a Donation to the Charity). We also had a Fashion Show - which was fun. I advertised it as a Ladies Night Out with your favorite Home Party Businesses.

I just asked the Consultants for the Table Rent up-front to pay for the extra costs. I received a lot of local consultants names from other DS companies just by spreading the word around and people started to phone me. I had 30 tables of 26 different DS companies - and I think I had to turn about 10 people away because we didn't have any room in the hall.

For advertising, I challenged other Consultants to invite 20 people (considering some would have invited A LOT more than that!), placed an ad in the paper, used Flip Charts at the main entrances of the Hotel, used Sandwich Boards, passed out posters/personal invites, put it on the local radiostation, and used the Hotel's electronic sign.

The Fashion Show was done by Weekender's and Undercover Wear and I gave each model a GC for a vendor of their choice (the Consultant came to me at the end of the night with the coupon to receive their money).

It took some organizing, but was well worth it. We also asked all the Consultants to give at least 1 door prize (some presented that night).

I plan on doing it again next year - but it might have to be bigger, because the word got around quick!

HTH :)

stefani2 said:
It took some organizing, but was well worth it. We also asked all the Consultants to give at least 1 door prize (some presented that night).

I plan on doing it again next year - but it might have to be bigger, because the word got around quick!

HTH :)

Do you have any letters or anything you designed for this? Advertisement? Thanks!

I'd be embarassed to share (I am totally NOT creatived - LOL). It just stated LADIES NIGHT OUT
with your FAVORITE Home Party Consultants

fundraiser for XXX

Date:
Time:
There is no Admission Charge - but a donation would be appreciated

(Examples of who was there for consultants)

For more info, contact (name) and (phone number)

Like I said, I am not creative AT ALL. Some of the other consultants took the basic poster and added color, changed font, etc. to make it look pretty.

I email each consultant a poster (an ad that filled one full page) and a personal invitation (2 ads per page) to be passed on to other people.

I don't know - it is kinda simple - but it worked!

stefani2 said:
I'd be embarassed to share (I am totally NOT creatived - LOL). It just stated LADIES NIGHT OUT
with your FAVORITE Home Party Consultants

fundraiser for XXX

Date:
Time:
There is no Admission Charge - but a donation would be appreciated

(Examples of who was there for consultants)

For more info, contact (name) and (phone number)

Like I said, I am not creative AT ALL. Some of the other consultants took the basic poster and added color, changed font, etc. to make it look pretty.

I email each consultant a poster (an ad that filled one full page) and a personal invitation (2 ads per page) to be passed on to other people.

I don't know - it is kinda simple - but it worked!

It sounds great! Helped give me ideas! Thanks!

Don't forget about Dove Chocolate at Home, Home Interiors, Beauticontrol, Southern Living at Home, At Home America, and Arbonne.

Wildtree herbs is a local favorite that has expanded recently I think

pampered.chris said:
Don't forget about Dove Chocolate at Home, Home Interiors, Beauticontrol, Southern Living at Home, At Home America, and Arbonne.

Dove Chocolate at home?? I think I'd like that one!!!

pc ri lisa said:

LOVE wildtree!! just signed up myself - it is definitely expanding :D

Siplda Designs ( Jewlery)
Taste of Home Entertaining ( TOHE) Mix between SLAH and PC
Tastefully Simple
Kountry Fixins
Monavie
USANA Health Sciences

AlowayFamily said:
This time of year there are a lot of vendor shows, stop by one and pick up a few business cards. I have done a few show swaps after talking to vendors at these shows.

I found other DS consultants by just asking for other contacts - I live in a small town, so it wasn't hard to reach others

Thanks for the information! I'll start shopping for other vendors at shows.

pc ri lisa said:
I'm actually having a WILDTREE party on Monday. Kind of like Homemade Gourmet but has all natural products with no preservatives and such

Southern Living at Home
31 Gifts
Tupperware
Stampin Up
Creative Memories
Close to My Heart
Longaberger
Discovery Toys
Avon
Usbourne Books
Cookie Lee
Party Lite
The Body Shop at Home
Arborne
Home Interiors

Off the top of my head:

* Jewelry: Sarah Coventry, Premier, Lia Sophia, Cookie Lee

* Beauty/skin care: Avon, Mary Kay, Beauti Control

* Home Interiors, Home and Garden Party, Tastefully Simple, Watkins, Partylite

I think Sarah Coventry (which I used to sell and technically, am still on the books as a consultant) is the only one not mentioned above ... my ex director MIGHT know somebody out your way who is selling.

What types of home based businesses do you offer?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of home based businesses including selling kitchen and cooking products, hosting cooking parties, and becoming a consultant to teach others about our products. We also offer opportunities for fundraising and corporate gifting.

How much does it cost to start a home based business with Pampered Chef?

The cost to start a home based business with Pampered Chef varies depending on the type of business you choose. Our starter kits range from $99 to $159, and include everything you need to get started, including products, business supplies, and training materials.

What support and training do you provide for home based business owners?

Pampered Chef offers extensive training and support for all of our home based business owners. This includes online training, monthly webinars, regional and national conferences, and a network of experienced consultants who are always willing to help and share their knowledge.

Can I work a home based business with Pampered Chef while still maintaining a full-time job?

Yes, many of our consultants successfully run their home based business with Pampered Chef while also working a full-time job. Our flexible business model allows you to work as much or as little as you want, making it easy to fit into your schedule.

Are there any requirements or qualifications to become a home based business owner with Pampered Chef?

There are no specific requirements or qualifications to become a home based business owner with Pampered Chef. We welcome individuals of all backgrounds and experience levels who are passionate about our products and have a desire to run their own business. We provide all the training and support you need to be successful.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
leslieprichett
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
Stephanie78
  • scottcooks
  • General Chat