• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Makes the Zilog Z-80 So Versatile and Sought After?

In summary, the weather is nice, but people in Ohio are whining about snow. People here are discussing PC topics and playing games.
a_withstupid.gif
Anyone climbing on one of those ice chunks is a candidate for a Darwin Award.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
a_withstupid.gif
Anyone climbing on one of those ice chunks is a candidate for a Darwin Award.
No kidding! Went out again today, and still a few dummies up there. When walking back I saw my dh in the car with the boys heading toward the beach. I don't even want to know.... (They jumped off the pier once this summer. I didn't take that too well.)

Here are my very own children allowed to be on one of those icebergs. I won't mention who the dummy is who let them be up there.

Attachments

• iceberg 3-9-08.JPG
    iceberg 3-9-08.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 287
Okay, no name, but I suppose his initials are Mr. JAE?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Okay, no name, but I suppose his initials are Mr. JAE?
Uh, yes, but at least we have winter pictures for the scrapbooks. We usually skip winter. We go from Christmas to Easter/Spring Break with nothing in between.
They think they saw a mink. Here's a picture, but it's hard to tell.

Attachments

• Mink at the state park 3-9-08.JPG
    Mink at the state park 3-9-08.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 216
  • mink close up at state park 2-9-08.JPG
    mink close up at state park 2-9-08.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 232
WOW! I think those pictures are pretty clear. That is really neat when kids can see "nature" up close and personal... but still at a safe enough distance to not have "nature" taste you!

Di pops in with some cheese to go with everybody's whine ...

I spent the day alternately:

* Making nachos and brownies for my non-show, which of course, nobody showed for. (Did it mostly for the experience, and in the vain hope neighbors would trudge through the white stuff. Hah!)
* Watching TV
* Making calls
* Doing laundry
* Attempting to clear a path, if only for the mail carrier.
* Getting stuff ready for my BIG SHOW
* Praying that the big show would not get called due to the blizzard!

Anyway ... big show was a TOTAL SUCCESS! Almost makes me wish I hadn't agreed to give away my ENTIRE COMMISSION to the host's Relay for Life team. (We are both committee members of our Relay ... she is a cancer survivor and is giving away her free products for baskets to benefit the cause!) The good news is I got two bookings so I will benefit in the long run!

Oh, and by the by ... I once owned a Laser 128!

Laser 128 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/02/Laser128_4.jpg/250px-Laser128_4.jpg

haha KG I can & can't wait to hear my DD talking about how CD's, Computer's, Ipod's etc....are so stone-age....only I doubt she will say stone-age lol! Wonder what the future will bring..hmmmm

Well, I can tell you that 20 years ago, we were pretty sure the personal computer would be a commodity, but we never, ever, expected laptops that would have more computing power than a Cray Supercomputer.

Yup, that was it, except it had its own separate color monitor, which was not good to be attached to anything but this.

I had people telling me to chuck it. I put it on Freecycle and gave it to the first taker. Then I had people angry at me telling me I should have given them a chance. SHEESH! It was just an ancient computer, willed to me by my late aunt who thought I was gonna write the great American novel on it!

There are people who think old computers are like old cars but they just aren't. Other than a few nerds who really love that old junk, no one even wants to fire one up.

That's why I don't understand why DH keeps the 2 Trash-80s he's got. They haven't even been plugged in since before we got married. But he still has them.

If I remember right, those are Zilog Z-80 based. If that's true, he's keeping them in case he needs the Z-80 for a computerized car.The Z-80 was used in everything from Cadillacs to Pac-Man to Scud missiles. Yup - during Desert Storm, Americans recovered a failed Scud and took it apart to see what made it tick. The guidance system had a processor, so they popped it open to see what it was. Not only did the Russians steal the Z-80 design, the actually made a direct copy of it. The Russian processor even had the Zilog designers' signatures on it!

<h2>What is the Zilog Z-80 and why is it so versatile?</h2><p>The Zilog Z-80 is a microprocessor chip originally released in 1976. It is known for its versatility due to its ability to be used in a variety of electronic devices, including computers, game consoles, and industrial equipment.</p><h2>What sets the Zilog Z-80 apart from other microprocessors?</h2><p>The Zilog Z-80 was one of the first microprocessors to use a complex instruction set computer (CISC) architecture, which allows for a wide range of functions and commands to be executed. This makes it a more versatile choice compared to other microprocessors with simpler instruction sets.</p><h2>Why is the Zilog Z-80 still sought after today?</h2><p>Despite being over 40 years old, the Zilog Z-80 is still widely used and sought after due to its reliability and compatibility with a wide range of hardware and software. It also has a large user base and a wealth of documentation and resources available.</p><h2>In what types of products can the Zilog Z-80 be found?</h2><p>The Zilog Z-80 can be found in a variety of products, including retro computers such as the Commodore 64, game consoles like the Sega Master System, and even modern devices like smart meters and industrial control systems.</p><h2>Are there any downsides to using the Zilog Z-80?</h2><p>One potential downside to using the Zilog Z-80 is its slower processing speed compared to more modern microprocessors. However, for many applications, its versatility and reliability outweigh this drawback.</p>

What is the Zilog Z-80 and why is it so versatile?

The Zilog Z-80 is a microprocessor chip originally released in 1976. It is known for its versatility due to its ability to be used in a variety of electronic devices, including computers, game consoles, and industrial equipment.

What sets the Zilog Z-80 apart from other microprocessors?

The Zilog Z-80 was one of the first microprocessors to use a complex instruction set computer (CISC) architecture, which allows for a wide range of functions and commands to be executed. This makes it a more versatile choice compared to other microprocessors with simpler instruction sets.

Why is the Zilog Z-80 still sought after today?

Despite being over 40 years old, the Zilog Z-80 is still widely used and sought after due to its reliability and compatibility with a wide range of hardware and software. It also has a large user base and a wealth of documentation and resources available.

In what types of products can the Zilog Z-80 be found?

The Zilog Z-80 can be found in a variety of products, including retro computers such as the Commodore 64, game consoles like the Sega Master System, and even modern devices like smart meters and industrial control systems.

Are there any downsides to using the Zilog Z-80?

One potential downside to using the Zilog Z-80 is its slower processing speed compared to more modern microprocessors. However, for many applications, its versatility and reliability outweigh this drawback.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pc_jessica
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
Hathery
  • milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies