• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Some Like It Hot and They Sweat When the Heat Is On...

In summary, the air-conditioner froze up, and the husband wanted to go to the car show tomorrow. However, the wife does not do well in the heat, so she was happy that the husband decided to turn the air back on last night.
lockhartkitchen
95+ today with triple digits in the forcast this week. My air-conditioner froze up and boy was I miserable. I was house hunting today and found a house with a picture online that was not updated (taken from December when we had 2 feet of snow). I told my husband it looked so good! I just wanted to throw myself on that deck and make snow angels! Hee Hee. No really. I would have. If I was physically looking at houses and there was a pool, I would have jumped right in, clothes and all!

He wants to go to the car show tomorrow. Yeah right. No problem. "The kids can play at the creek" my husband says. I say, "What about me?". I don't do heat well.

We don't have air conditioning. We are very well insulated, though, and often use our whole-house fan to draw the cool evening air into the house overnight. Honestly, I don't do heat well, either. Hope you're cool and comfy soon.

Ugh! I don't do heat well either, and last year, we had to cut down our HUGE Maple Tree in the front yard, which shaded the house from all the afternoon sun. It gets HOT in here in the late afternoon/evening. We have central air, but DH seems to think we don't need it. Yesterday evening, it came on, and DH turned it off.

Last night after I went to bed, I couldn't sleep because it was so stuffy. Fortunately, the man at least listens to reason, and he got up and turned the air back on. :D A happy wife means a happy life. :D:D:D

Becky - my DH and I have thermostat wars too. In the winter he turns the heat up and I turn down, back and forth, back and forth. Our poor heater is probably thinking, "PICK something people!!"

As a desert rat (born and raised in AZ) I'm OK with the heat - but it's a dry heat. I hope you get a chance to cool off soon!!

Yes.. we have had the hottest summer on record with heat up to 105 with heat indexes up to 113. We are loving our cold front with temps now in the upper 90's.. And we are all glad. At conference we were all about to FREEZE.. but in a good way. The temp change was nice.. but chilly.

1. How can I control the level of heat in my dishes?

There are several ways to control the level of heat in your dishes. One option is to use less of the spicy ingredient, such as hot sauce or peppers. Another option is to balance out the heat with other ingredients, such as adding a cooling element like avocado or yogurt. You can also adjust the cooking time and temperature to reduce the spiciness of a dish.

2. What are some common ingredients that add heat to dishes?

Some common ingredients that add heat to dishes include hot sauce, chili peppers, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, and jalapenos. Other spices like ginger, garlic, and black pepper can also add a subtle level of heat to dishes.

3. How can I cool down a dish that is too spicy?

If a dish is too spicy for your liking, there are a few ways to cool it down. You can add a dairy product like sour cream or yogurt to help neutralize the heat. Another option is to add some sweetness, such as honey or sugar, to balance out the spiciness. You can also serve the dish with a side of bread or rice to help absorb some of the heat.

4. Are there any health benefits to eating spicy foods?

Yes, there are several potential health benefits to eating spicy foods. Some studies have shown that spicy foods can boost metabolism, improve heart health, and even have anti-inflammatory properties. However, it's important to keep in mind that too much spicy food can also have negative effects, such as causing stomach discomfort or heartburn.

5. Can I make a dish less spicy without sacrificing flavor?

Absolutely! There are many ways to make a dish less spicy without sacrificing flavor. As mentioned before, you can balance out the heat with other ingredients or adjust the cooking time and temperature. You can also try using milder versions of spicy ingredients or experimenting with different spices and seasonings to achieve a similar flavor profile without as much heat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • jwagner75
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
Back