• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What lesson did I learn from my recent show mishap?

In summary, the conversation was about the challenges of finding accurate directions to a show and the use of different mapping tools such as Mapquest and Google Maps. There was also discussion about the importance of having a cell phone for business purposes and the convenience of having a navigation system in a vehicle. One person shared their experience of arriving late to a show due to difficulties with directions, and another person reassured them that it was a common mistake.
Jennie4PC
:eek: I had a show last night and when I was getting the guest count on Thurs I asked about directions to her house then my son started going crazy so I asked her if I could go to map quest and get good directions she said yes. So I got the directions, at 7:30 (the show was supposed to start at 7:00) I called her totally lost:eek: so I ended up at her show 45 mins after the show started the people were really nice and seemed understanding about it but all needed to leave about 8:15. So I hae learned to get detailed instructions from my host

I bought my hubby a Garmin GPS for Christmas. I used it to go to my show last weekend! SOOOOO cool and soooo much better than Mapquest.

I told the hostess the directions I had and theu said if I did not have 4 wheel drive I totally would hae gotten stuck it tried to send me on a dirt road which obviosly was not plowed

Mapquest can be handy but I've had a couple that showed up in totally different areas so I also get directions from the hostess. One showed the house about 10 miles off track. Luckily I had an idea where her home was and knew it wasn't in that general area. Of course it also helps to actually take the directions with you! That's where I've had problems before. That's when I love my cell phone :)!

maps.google.com seems to be a lot more accurate!

cmdtrgd said:
I will have to remember that one. Sometimes MapQuest tries to send me through the woods or down a one way street!

cmdtrgd said:
WOW! Thanks for the tip! Even MY street is on there! :D I have to put my town in on mapquest to get directions :(

Google maps is the one I now live by. Mapquest was "okay" they just don't update very often anymore. Google it!

Kind of a dumb question, but...First, thanks for the heads up on the google maps. My dumb question is (and I really am not being mean - I'm just curious), why did you wait until 7:30 to call, and wasn't she wondering where you were? I arrive at my host's houses 45 mintues before a show starts. If I wouldn't have been at her house by 6:30 for a 7:00 show I would have been freaking out:eek: and calling my host.

Diane

I had to find a gas station to make the call since I dont have a cell phone and the only gas station that I knew of was awhile out. I live in Elko which is a town out in the middle of no where and I didnt need to get more lost looking for a gas station that was not on a main road. and no it doesnt sound mean cause if I had a cell I would have been on the phone when I hit a smaller town in NV

ok .......Cell phone is a must with this business and you can write it off on your taxes.... even if you use a pay as you go.....Once you get it you wont be sorry.....

When we bought my van last year....we upgraded on everything but leather( I don't trust my kids OR dog!). I have to say that it is SO wonderful to just pop in the address before I leave for the show! The only drawback is that a new disk comes out every year or so therefore I must update it. But all in all...I will NEVER again have a vehicle without the built in DVR system and the navigation system!! Oh and in the next one I will add remote start!!! LOL!!

I would love to have a cell phone but at this time we cant really afford one. We did try a pay as you go phone and it didnt work so I was very disappointed in it. I know one day I will get a cell phone I swear we are the only ones in this world who doesnt have one. A cell phone would also be nice since we live in the middle of nowhere and if our car died on the freeway we would be in trouble

Jennie,
It was an honest mistake...you are not the first one that has happened to!(Speaking from experience). I arrive 1/2 hr. before my parties and all is fine. It all depends on your comfort level. I did arrive 45 minutes early for a long time, but once I established a system I was fine. I have plenty of time. And usually the guests are late. I do try to get the party started no later than 15 minutes after I arrive, however. It is not fair to those who arrived on time.
The cell phone...the pay as you go system works very well and it is affordable!! The initial cost to purchase the phone was my biggest expense (it may have changed since I have had mine over 3 years). I usually refill my time for $20. That can last me about a month or month and a half...depending on your plan. I don't have experience with other cell phone systems and billing. Like anything, I am sure that it depends on what plan you can work on.
I have 1/2 hour commute to my other job and I am able to catch up on host coaching and keeping up with my recruits, etc.
Mistakes are good things! They are only bad when we don't learn from them!
Ann

Tara1021 said:
I bought my hubby a Garmin GPS for Christmas. I used it to go to my show last weekend! SOOOOO cool and soooo much better than Mapquest.

My boyfriend bought me a Garmin GPS for Christmas for that exact purpose...to get me to my shows! I hate driving where I don't know where I am going. It was his contibution to my PC business!!:D

Bexs50 said:
My boyfriend bought me a Garmin GPS for Christmas for that exact purpose...to get me to my shows! I hate driving where I don't know where I am going. It was his contibution to my PC business!!:D

He's been wanting one, so I got it. Only after he opened it and mentioned that we could both use it did it click that I could use it to get to my shows! DUH!!!

1. What is "I Learned a Valuable Lesson"?

"I Learned a Valuable Lesson" is a popular cookbook offered by Pampered Chef that features a collection of recipes and cooking tips from various chefs and cooking enthusiasts.

2. Is "I Learned a Valuable Lesson" suitable for beginner cooks?

Yes, "I Learned a Valuable Lesson" is suitable for cooks of all levels. The cookbook includes a variety of recipes ranging from easy to more challenging, making it perfect for beginners to try new techniques and dishes.

3. What types of recipes can be found in "I Learned a Valuable Lesson"?

The cookbook features a wide range of recipes including appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, desserts, and more. There are also recipes for various dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, vegetarian, and low-carb options.

4. Are the ingredients and equipment required for the recipes in "I Learned a Valuable Lesson" easily accessible?

Yes, most of the ingredients and equipment needed for the recipes in "I Learned a Valuable Lesson" can be found at your local grocery store or kitchen supply store. Any specialized ingredients or equipment will be clearly listed in the recipe.

5. Can I purchase "I Learned a Valuable Lesson" online?

Yes, "I Learned a Valuable Lesson" can be purchased online through the Pampered Chef website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. You can also find it at select retail stores that carry Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PChefPEI
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • overthyme
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet