• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Kind of Filling Do You Use for Tarts?

In summary, the best type of filling for tarts can vary depending on personal preference, with popular options including fruit, custard, and savory fillings. Canned filling can be used, but homemade fillings will result in a fresher and more flavorful tart. To prevent the crust from becoming soggy, pre-bake the crust or use an egg wash before adding the filling. Tarts with fillings can be frozen, but it is best to avoid custard or cream-based fillings. When storing in the refrigerator, tarts should be consumed within 2-3 days to avoid sogginess and spoiling.
genburk
Silver Member
One of my customers just got the mini-tart shaper and doesn't know what to fill the tart with. There is a recipe for a Cream cheese tart shell, and it says to fill with your favorite filling.

I haven't made anything like this and neither has she, so we need some ideas.

I am surprised that Pampered Chef didn't give an idea or two. I was thinking maybe like a pumpkin pie filling, but not sure about that either.

Got any ideas?

She can use anything. The pecan tassie from PC are great. Lemon, apple, cherry etc......................

Lemon, apple, cherry pie filling?

you can also use Banana slice in the bottom topped with caramel, then whipped cream. Delicious

excel said:
you can also use Banana slice in the bottom topped with caramel, then whipped cream. Delicious

That sounds really good and easy for her to do. Thanks.

rennea said:

I had thought of that, but wasn't sure if I would use it straight or add something. Thanks.

How about a little cream cheese filling then the fruit topping...yum yum!

I just did this tonight with a lemon filling - 1 cup milk, 1 4 serving instant lemon pudding, and 8 oz cool whip. There were only 5 guests at the show, they ate all of the tarts and I sold 3 sets of all of products for the lemon tarts.

Oh - they go very well with the Chicken Jerk Salad

the tuxedo brownies are AMAZING!

Little Cups of HeavenHere's my favorite. The original recipe came from my AD, but I've modified it. It's always a hit, and requested often for "girls night in".

HTH!

Attachments

• Little Cups of Heaven.doc
    23 KB · Views: 392

1. What is the best type of filling for tarts?

The best type of filling for tarts depends on personal preference. Some popular options include fruit fillings like strawberry or blueberry, custard fillings like lemon or chocolate, and savory fillings like quiche or spinach and feta.

2. Can I use canned filling for tarts?

Yes, you can use canned filling for tarts. However, homemade fillings will give you a fresher and more flavorful result. If using canned filling, be sure to drain any excess liquid before adding it to the tart.

3. How do I prevent my tart filling from making the crust soggy?

To prevent your tart filling from making the crust soggy, you can either pre-bake the crust for a few minutes before adding the filling or brush the crust with an egg wash before adding the filling. This creates a barrier between the crust and filling, keeping the crust crisp.

4. Can I freeze tarts with filling?

Yes, you can freeze tarts with filling. However, custard or cream-based fillings may not freeze well and could become watery when thawed. It is best to freeze tarts with fruit or nut-based fillings.

5. How long can tarts with filling be stored in the refrigerator?

Tarts with filling can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. After this time, the crust may become soggy and the filling may start to spoil. It is best to store tarts in an airtight container to maintain freshness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jennie50
  • gailz2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
afrisbie
Replies