• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is Your Best Microwave Cake?

In summary, Janel recommends purchasing a fluted pan and baking recipes with ingredients like carrots and Jello cheesecakes.
rebeccastt
Silver Member
Hi All,
I am a new consultant and have never made a microwave cake before. I'd like to make one for my show tonight that will be really delicious and no fail (since I don't have time to try it out first). I'd like to get it going before the show so I don't want there to be a lot of ingredients or work.

If you have any ideas/recipes that you would highly recommend that fit these qualifications, and you have made it before, please help me out!

Thank you so much,

Well, I'm sure you're having your show already. I have sold a bunch of fluted stones in the past couple of months since I've been doing microcakes at my shows. I always tell my guests if they buy a fluted stone I'll supply them with a list of recipes for it. My guests love it. The past couple of months I have just given my hosts a choice of 3 different microwave cakes and they pick one for me to do. They are all very simple. I think the strawberry cheesecake one is really yummy. Although I personally like to make the regular cake mix and plop frosting on top. Its so moist. If you don't have the fluted pan recipe document let me know and I'll post it.

Thanks Janel. I did make one at my show and I just made a chocolate cake with Peanut chips. It was a little finicky in the microwave I used, but people were impressed. We live in the high dessert where in the summer it is always so hot and people definately do NOT want to turn their oven on. They were also impressed with the 3-2-1 recipe because it is so easy.

Thanks for your opinions....I'll try making the strawberry cheesecake!

could you post the strawberry cheesecake recipe?

I make alot of Sunshine Cakes in my fluted pan. All of my hosts have loved it!! My kids love it too and they have no idea there is carrots in it thanks to the new microplane. ;)

Attachments

• Sunshine Microwave Cake.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 490
Here's the strawberry cheesecake recipe

Attachments

• strawbwrry heesecake.doc
    21 KB · Views: 351
I don't think we have cheesecake pudding mixes here. Is there a brand name that you buy? Is it the Jello cheesecakes that you would buy where you would buy cake mixes?

They are in the same isle with all the other pudding mixes. They are in our grocery stores here. I go to the base commissary and they don't carry cheesecake pudding. I have to go downtown to get it.

1. Can I make a microwave cake without a microwave-safe dish?

No, it is important to only use a microwave-safe dish when making a microwave cake. Using any other type of dish could result in the dish breaking or causing harm to your microwave.

2. How long does it take to make a microwave cake?

The time it takes to make a microwave cake can vary depending on the recipe. However, most microwave cakes can be made in under 10 minutes.

3. Is a microwave cake as good as one made in the oven?

Yes, microwave cakes can be just as delicious as oven-baked cakes. Plus, they are quick and easy to make, making them a great option for a last-minute dessert.

4. Can I use any cake mix to make a microwave cake?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix to make a microwave cake. Just be sure to follow the instructions on the cake mix box for the best results.

5. How do I know when a microwave cake is done?

The best way to tell if a microwave cake is done is to insert a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean, then the cake is done. If not, continue microwaving in 30-second intervals until the toothpick comes out clean.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jetcitysandy
  • emmabelle47
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • reneenshelcook4u